• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

CCF23

When I said I was going to pass out with Edward Shapre I lied. I'm definitely passing out to The Pixies. Goodbye NHL-gaf.

Is Hawkeye your real last name? Because if so, that's pretty badass.

OH GOLY GOSH no son, and my name isn't tony either. its beeeeede

You should've gotten drunk and watched a game with me and Temp while you were still in forewardsland before you went back to backwardsland. I was probably too new to gaf then, though...

:(

Spectre and me + some DuDez had some drinks and watched a series of the Cancuks doing their best. There was also a netmapel. Think??

This is the nghost from timmys corpse, he died from lack of presents, DAMN YTOU MCDUCK DAMN YOU TO HELLLLL

Guys fridayt night is OK you'll be fine just hang in there thinkin of u n 9/11 xoxox

tnVHr.jpg

ryan lambert ‏@twolinepass
if teemu retires now, im going to #secede. the rivers will run red with the blood of my enemies, and their lamentations will be endless.

oh my god you guys

feels

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@JohnBorukCSN: Wings D Ian White on Bettman: "I personally think he's an idiot" Wow. Bettman is a Cornell grad. Does White even have a HS diploma?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
@JohnBorukCSN: Wings D Ian White on Bettman: "I personally think he's an idiot" Wow. Bettman is a Cornell grad. Does White even have a HS diploma?

-facepalm-

I have 2 Xbox's in the living room hooked up and 3 TVs, so that we can watch a show while playing if we are playing something that doesnt require much concentration.

Are you a non-foreveralone version of Tabris? On that note, where IS Tabris?

An idiot who has had revenue increase how much over his tenure? And how many jobs have his "failed" expansion added for the NHLPA? Take out Phoenix, Atlanta (Winnipeg), Florida, Tampa, Columbus and Ian White might be struggling to make an NHL roster

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I dont think I am anything like Tabris, my wife and I just love playing video games.

Wasn't about the video games, more about the fact that you have three TV's and two Xbox's in your living room. Reminded me of how nice Tabris' apartment was and wondered if yours is anything like it.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
More bad news:

NEW YORK -- The stalemate between the NHL and NHL Players' Association may last longer than expected, possibly stretching into December.

Multiple sources told ESPN that NHL commissioner Gary Bettman suggested to NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr on Wednesday that the two sides take a two-week moratorium from negotiations. The news was earlier reported by TSN's Aaron Ward.

Fehr informed Bettman he'd like to speak with his membership first, a source said. The union likely will give Bettman a response Friday, although it is believed it would prefer meeting rather than not.

Bettman's suggestion follows a disheartening week of limited communication between the sides. The league and the union last met face to face on Sunday in a meeting that lasted less than an hour and yielded no progress.

After the short session, in which neither side seemed willing to concede on its respective position on player-contracting issues, Fehr said he couldn't see a "path to an agreement."

That prompted Bettman to float the possibility of the sides taking some time off to regroup before resuming negotiations, one source said.

The sides did not have any communication Thursday.

"I find it incredible that the Union is suggesting that we are somehow 'close' to a deal," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in an email to ESPN. "They have utterly refused to negotiate for months. They have made essentially one proposal -- five times. They continue to request a 'guaranteed' Players Share as part of the next agreement and we repeatedly tell them maybe they should get a reality check. And in the mean time, maybe they can make their position clear to us on 50-50, on the make-whole and on Player Contracting issues."

NHLPA's special counsel Steve Fehr countered Daly's statement.

"Of course everyone on the players' side wants to reach an agreement," he said. "The players have offered the owners concessions worth about a billion dollars. What exactly have the owners offered the players? We believe that it is more likely that we will make progress if we meet than if we don't.

"So we are ready to meet. If indeed they do not want to meet, it will be at least the third time in the last three months that they have shut down the dialogue, saying they will not meet unless the players meet their preconditions. What does that tell you about their interest in resolving this?"

Any hope an agreement was close after the sides met for four straight days last week was quickly dashed when things went south during the final session Friday evening.

ESPNNewYork.com reported there were heated exchanges made across the negotiating table between players and the ownership side, including Bettman.

And although the sides returned to the table fairly quickly, Sunday's discussion turned out to be fruitless, as well.

The two sides remain divided on how to share revenue and player contract issues, as well as who shoulders the financial burden of the losses incurred as a result of the lockout.

With scant optimism that a new collective bargaining agreement will be reached soon, reports surfaced Thursday that the next round of cancellations could be on the horizon.

The league already has been forced to cancel 327 regular-season games -- through Nov. 30 -- as well as the annual Winter Classic. There also has been speculation that the fate of the season may be in jeopardy soon.

Daly admitted he is frustrated with the state of negotiations.

"I'm more discouraged now than I have been at any point in the process," he said.

Acid08

Banned
I haven't been drunk in quite a while. Don't drink at all really but I we have tons of great local breweries here so I usually go for the good shit when I do drink.

Lets get high instead.

Heretic

Love beer, hate shots.
I'll drink beer on special occasions. Oh and I just prefer shots cause it's quick and easy... just like me! Wait...
I haven't been drunk in quite a while. Don't drink at all really but I we have tons of great local breweries here so I usually go for the good shit when I do drink.

Lets get high instead.

THAT'S ILLEGAL, BUDDY!

Anyone tried "happy" pills? I think that's the only drug i'd try.

This thread is all over the place hahaha

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie doesn't drink though. He would just stand there judging us. Playing Borderlands... on Xbox.
I still have a beer now and then. I got drunk once a few months ago but my parents and I were on some brewery/winery tours so I don't count that.

My Xbox > you

Love beer, hate shots.
This.

Lets get high instead.
NHL-GAF in Denver meetup!

Top Bottom