• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

You guys really know how to beat a dead horse.
I got Kings vs Rangers.

S6xhC.jpg

BREAKING HOCKEY NEWS: CANUCKS HAVE ANNOUNCED THAT WHEN HOCKEY RESUMES, THE DEFENSEMAN THAT WILL BE PLAYING ALEX EDLER'S COVETED RIGHT SIDE... IS ALEX EDLER.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Stealing other people's jokes is one the lamest things you can do. It's one of the worst parts about twitter / reddit.

Comedy is viral. You can find the same 5000+ Retweeted shit on Twitter everywhere (usually done by shitty parody accounts of celebrities) and the same reposts on Reddit. We here even recycle jokes and use GIFs that are posted everywhere.

The internet sucks.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Daly: "Unfortunately we have determined we are involved with union leadership that has no genuine interest in reaching an agreement. Regardless of what we propose or how we suggest to compromise the answer is 'no' - at one point you have to say enough is enough"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Daly: "Unfortunately we have determined we are involved with union leadership that has no genuine interest in reaching an agreement. Regardless of what we propose or how we suggest to compromise the answer is 'no' - at one point you have to say enough is enough"

So, that's it then? Can we finally wrap this up?

Fehr wants to lose a season so he can try and turn hockey into baseball starting this summer.

Smiley90

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
remember this time last year when there were ramblings about how the NHL might gain some NBA fans who were looking for some action due to their lockout

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fehr wants to lose a season so he can try and turn hockey into baseball starting this summer.

Good luck with that

And the dummy doesn't realize he'll just get less if it goes to open market

You'd have 3 teams that could pay mega bucks for players but in the end it only helps out a handful of players, salaries will drop by the margin owners are looking for... But it dissolves players choice of market.

Salary cap means a player can play in 30 cities and if implemented properly they could earn the same wages wherever they go

On the other hand, no cap means you go to NYR/TOR/MTL and hope they take you... Otherwise you will earn less

The only reason baseball is "stable" is because there is no salary floor. They spend within their means.

Baseball salaries only take up 42% of revenue. In theory, toronto, Montreal and New York can spend less than they are now to remain competitive while other teams start adjusting their salaries in a downwards direction.

It's bad for the fans, it's bad for the owners and its bad for the players.

40-45% GUARANTEED salary cap with teams pooling their salary money is optimal route. Players are guaranteed every percent, any unused money counter-acts escrow and any overages are split with the rest of the players. That way they handle risk like owners, but share in overages.

Fuck if I were a player shouting "it's for the future" I'd do 40%, and have a stipulation that a percentage of owners money should be used for building local rinks and sponsoring high schools... Helping to pay for equipment for families to help grow the game.

Players need to be leaders for once

Marvie_3

Banned
Good luck with that

And the dummy doesn't realize he'll just get less if it goes to open market

You'd have 3 teams that could pay mega bucks for players but in the end it only helps out a handful of players, salaries will drop by the margin owners are looking for... But it dissolves players choice of market.

Salary cap means a player can play in 30 cities and if implemented properly they could earn the same wages wherever they go

On the other hand, no cap means you go to NYR/TOR/MTL and hope they take you... Otherwise you will earn less

The only reason baseball is "stable" is because there is no salary floor. They spend within their means.

Baseball salaries only take up 42% of revenue. In theory, toronto, Montreal and New York can spend less than they are now to remain competitive while other teams start adjusting their salaries in a downwards direction.

It's bad for the fans, it's bad for the owners and its bad for the players.

40-45% GUARANTEED salary cap with teams pooling their salary money is optimal route. Players are guaranteed every percent, any unused money counter-acts escrow and any overages are split with the rest of the players. That way they handle risk like owners, but share in overages.

Fuck if I were a player shouting "it's for the future" I'd do 40%, and have a stipulation that a percentage of owners money should be used for building local rinks and sponsoring high schools... Helping to pay for equipment for families to help grow the game.

Players need to be leaders for once
Sounds like you've been brainwashed!

With just a 40 game season there will be SO MANY TEAMS that will have a chance for the cup - it won't be funny.

Knowing Leafs' luck, they'll win the cup and then everyone will shit on it and call it a sham of a season.

Smiley90

With just a 40 game season there will be SO MANY TEAMS that will have a chance for a cup - it won't be funny.

Knowing Leafs' luck, they'll win the cup and then everyone will shit on it and call it a sham of a season.

Let's not get ahead ouf ourselves here.

I watched a CFL game this past weekend :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Good. Cancel the season.

Eventually the players will fire Fehr and they'll get an agreement signed.

Hockey is coming! Low intensity charity fundraising hockey, but hockey nonetheless (and only for those in a very small area of the US)!

@tpanotchCSN: Scott Hartnell, Brad Richards, Dan Carcillo et al will be in Atlantic City, Sat, Nov. 24 for "Operation Hat Trick"game for Sandy Relief ...

Player roster so far next week in AC: Hartnell, Richards, Bobby Ryan, Timonen, Carcillo, JVR, Justin Williams, Simon Gagne, Braydon Coburn, Ville Leino, Steve Eminger, Jeff Halpern, Brian Boyle, Jody Shelley, and James Neal.

Finally being a degenerate gambler works in my favor! Just yesterday I booked a free room in AC for that night.

Top Bottom