• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

REPORT: FLYERS' OWNER SNIDER MAY BE TIRING OF STALEMATE

Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider may be tiring of the current stalemate between the NHL and its Players' Association.

Sources tell Philadelphia Daily News writer Frank Seravalli that Snider soured on the process when it became likely that there would be no deal in time to start an abbreviated season on Dec. 1.

According to Seravalli, Snider - who serves on the executive committee of the NHL's Board of Governors - is essentially of the opinion that the final deal that the owners will eventually get on revenue division and players' contract rights will not be as good as what NHL commissioner Gary Bettman originally envisioned. That being the case, writes Seravalli, the owners may only win the battle for a better revenue split, and still have to accept an angry fan base and sponsorship woes following a lockout that is in its third month.

(more at link)
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409693

Socreges

Banned
And now the rest of the article:

However, sources tell TSN's Darren Dreger that Snider is still firmly behind Bettman.

"Good example of an owner who wants to play...badly," tweeted Dreger on Saturday morning. "But, I'm told Snider remains strongly in Bettman's corner."

And
Snider ... is essentially of the opinion that the final deal that the owners will eventually get on revenue division and players' contract rights will not be as good as what NHL commissioner Gary Bettman originally envisioned.
Welcome to negotiations, Mr Snider?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm down. My one match of experience will surely be a boost to the team.

I'll counter that with 0 online games. I've played the first...4 missions of the campaign :lol. So please no spoilers over voicechat kthx.

I'll probably be on like... 6pm PST-930pm PST? ish.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I read Simmons today, and yeah, he's not the best hockey guy, but he made a good point. The Bettman has presided over TWO cancelled seasons in nine possible seasons. That's a revenue loss of %22-something over that time frame. Owners are cool with that? WTF.

Socreges

Banned
I read Simmons today, and yeah, he's not the best hockey guy, but he made a good point. The Bettman has presided over TWO cancelled seasons in nine possible seasons. That's a revenue loss of %22-something over that time frame. Owners are cool with that? WTF.
I'd like to see an argument for how Bettman is responsible for these cancelled seasons and how other commissioners would have handled the CBA disputes differently.

(Fuck Bettman)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As much as an asshole Bettman is, I think it was Friedman who made a good point that he works for the owners. If they don't like how he's handling things then he's gone, simple as that. So the hate for Bettman should be equally placed on the owners.

Halo list for tonight so far:

Myself
Smiley
Macattack
Supersonic
Aces11
TheVisualizer

If anyone else is interested let me know

Guys. I think Marvie snapped.

KsHmj.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
As much as an asshole Bettman is, I think it was Friedman who made a good point that he works for the owners. If they don't like how he's handling things then he's gone, simple as that. So the hate for Bettman should be equally placed on the owners.

Myself
Smiley
Macattack
Supersonic
Aces11
TheVisualizer

I might be down. Not sure what time though. If you guys are playing I will send you a message.

:lol

Claude Giroux ‏@28CGiroux
Can anybody explain to me how 2 weeks of non-negotiating is going to bring the game back any faster? #vacayforbettman

Because you've actually been negotiating tirelessly for the past 3 months amirite?

Stupid fuck.

Heretic

Myself
Smiley
Macattack
Supersonic
Aces11
TheVisualizer

What time?

Simmons is a shit journalist who writes for a shit paper. A drunken Cake Boss could - I think one day will - do better in that space.

Owners are 'cool' with Bettman because he's their employee.

edit: Anyone up for PS3 GTAV MP in the spring? It's not like we'll be watching the play-offs or anything. (; _ ;)

Not that I would have been anyway... (; _ ;)

Myself
Smiley
Macattack
Supersonic
Aces11
TheVisualizer

Ill try to link up with u guys if ur on late. I'm heading out for a few hours around the time u plan on starting

Quick

Banned
Simmons is a shit journalist who writes for a shit paper. A drunken Cake Boss could - I think one day will - do better in that space.

Owners are 'cool' with Bettman because he's their employee.

edit: Anyone up for PS3 GTAV MP in the spring? It's not like we'll be watching the play-offs or anything. (; _ ;)

Not that I would have been anyway... (; _ ;)

Simmons is straight up terrible. It's a wonder that TSN keeps him around.

I'm down for GTAV for the spring. You and I could be the only PS3 owners in NHL-GAF, haha.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Simmons is straight up terrible. It's a wonder that TSN keeps him around.

I'm down for GTAV for the spring. You and I could be the only PS3 owners in NHL-GAF, haha.

I have a 360 and PS3 (gift from my bro). But I don't game much...

Quick

Banned
I have not been able to get into Witcher 2. Played for about five hours and just not feeling it.

It's been one of the most frustrating games I've played, but I did enjoy it.

My frustration stem from the information overload you get from everything in the game. It really needs to be simplified.

ATF487

Bill Simmons? Or this other dude people are mentioning that I don't know about

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I still haven't finished the Witcher 2. I had trouble sticking with it mainly because I didn't care for the item management as well well as the magic/crafting system.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still haven't finished the Witcher 2. I had trouble sticking with it mainly because I didn't care for the item management as well well as the magic/crafting system.

ha, I third the "I've started Witcher 2, but I couldn't finish it". I don't really know why. It just didn't click that much with me.

Red_Man

Added you Smiley, and Angmar, gonna try and start games in 10-20 mins, or later if people need more time.

Red_Man

I'm playing some games with some buddies, I'm up for customs once we get some more people on.

purg3

slept with Malkin
got your fr red_man, I'm getting off in a few minutes for the UFC fight, I'll be on after if you guys are still playing

Socreges

Banned
How can we make sure this thread doesn't devolve further into a Halo 4 matchmaking lobby?

(I might snag Halo 4 too if a buddy of mine does, but this could get ridiculous)

Top Bottom