• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How can we make sure this thread doesn't devolve further into a Halo 4 matchmaking lobby?

(I might snag Halo 4 too if a buddy of mine does, but this could get ridiculous)
FoV5u.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
6k6Ro.jpg

What's the over/under on the number of Swiss hookers these two will kill before the lockout ends?

Socreges

Banned
I know they could stand to lose millions in salary, but if these kids have any perspective they wouldn't mind the lockout going all season. Less travel, exotic girls, less responsibility, less physical toll, millions in the bank, and the one time in their young lives that they'll ever get to do something like this.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'd like to see an argument for how Bettman is responsible for these cancelled seasons and how other commissioners would have handled the CBA disputes differently.

(Fuck Bettman)

Goodell and Stern managed to avoid cancelled seasons. And Bettman fucked up the last lockout enough that he needs ANOTHER one.

Bill Simmons? Or this other dude people are mentioning that I don't know about

Yeah, ESPN's Bill Simmons, in his most recent column on Grantland.com

Razorskin

----- ------
NHL-GAF PC Game Giveaway (Steam Codes)
THQ Pack

Metro 2033
[BstrikeHomefront[/s]
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerilla
Warhammer 40K Space Marine
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl

Bolded are up for grabs, just ask in this thread which you want.
Don't PM me for one.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
NH:-GAF PC Game Giveaway (Steam Codes)
THQ Pack

Metro 2033
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerilla

Don't PM me for one.

I'll add 2 codes for:

Metro 2033

to that. Just post here too. Someone else bought a THQ pack! :p Those 2 were the games I already had.

THQ Pack

Metro 2033
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerilla

Don't PM me for one.

Lawd. Can I get the Stalker one?

Didn't realize Bettman was some kind of evil sorcerer in control of all things.
Ofcourse he isn't the one that is responsible in the end, since he is talking for the owners. But with that said he is hired for speaking for every owner, he can´t satisfy everyone and we can´t be sure that he is the best man for the job just because they appointed him. Even though Snider and the rest appointed him, I am pretty sure that they aren't telling him how to do his job everyday, cause that would be crazy since there is many different owners. Rich smart owners have appointed leaders that has run companies into the ground before.

Choosing the wrong person to represent you isn't something that is only possible for the union. The fact that he is still there after 2 lockouts prove that enough owners still have faith in him, does that mean that he is doing a good job and that they for sure will have faith in him in a couple of years? No it doesn't.

I think that the whole sentiment that he is just a puppet that the owners control, while Fehr is just fooling and controlling the players is insane. If the owners controlled him like some people are saying, all the owners would be at every meeting the whole time. But guess what they don't have the time to do that, so they appoint a person to make decisions on their behalf. This proves that they trust him, but not that he does what they think is best the whole time.

Right. But maybe you could now defend what Dr.Acula is saying because I don't understand how he can make such leaps of logic.
I have no clue about how others would have handled it, but i think I read here that he just needs a couple of owners to sign to make a deal which proves what amount power he has. And if the season is lost, and the revenue lost is as big as Acula states, I don't see anything wrong in asking the question if the owners will be cool with it.
To be honest I just jumped on your post without reading the whole discussion

Bettman is puppet Hitler.

Donald Fehr is a saintly white knight.
I have no idea what you are trying to say with that?
EDIT: Are you trying to say that I think that Bettman is Hitler and is controlling the owners and Fehr is the best guy ever but is being controlled by the players? Just because I am stating the hypocrisy in saying that it is the same scenario but the other way around?

ATF487

THQ Pack

Metro 2033 2 copies
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerilla

Don't PM me for one.

Edit:Smiley giving away games as well! look below!

Could I grab Metro 2033? I always thought the setting seemed really cool.

THQ Pack

Metro 2033 2 copies
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerilla

Don't PM me for one.

Red Faction Armageddon if possible? Just set up my new PC today and want to give it a go and I have already beat Guerilla on xbox, samething with Homefront (also Metro which is awesome but it is taken).

So I don't know about you guys, but I have been completely entertained with all of the WiiU meltdowns over in gaming today, sogood.gif.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Red Faction Armageddon if possible? Just set up my new PC today and want to give it a go and I have already beat Guerilla on xbox, samething with Homefront (also Metro which is awesome but it is taken).

So I don't know about you guys, but I have been completely entertained with all of the WiiU meltdowns over in gaming today, sogood.gif.

Saw parts of it, it was entertaining. What a crappy launch :lol

Revenant

THQ Pack

Metro 2033 2 copies
Homefront
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerilla

Don't PM me for one.

Can I take Red Faction Guerilla if noone has claimed it?

One blow after another.

1GB system update? lol

Miiverse accidentally breached? lol

50 cents for a minor account? lol

Other than the second one potentially, those don't seem like giant deals. Annoying probably, but I can just imagine the stupid GAF meltdowns

Top Bottom