• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Hey guys, who's this?

IAtcH.png

Looks like Gordie Howe. But wearing a Vancouver Giants jacket?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Everytime I see Fehr and his smug face I want to punch the crap out of him.

These rumbles of decertification are terrifying. It's hard to see it as anything other than a scare tactic, but god dammit. The length these buffoons will go to "win" this CBA is making it harder and harder to even care about this fucking league.

They won't decertify. It would be a disaster for the players.

Hey guys, who's this?

IAtcH.png

Looks like Gordie Howe. But wearing a Vancouver Giants jacket?

Thought he was one of the couple of owners of them.
So Old now ;_;

Who is Brunner?

That reminded me to check out if there are more drunk tweets from Kane/Seguin - there aren't. Stats-update from the Swiss League, bolds don't work in code, so I had to make a star.

Player Club GP G A Pts
*Damien Brunner EV Zug 21 12 22 34

Red Wings signed him this summer straight from the Swiss league where he was/is doing great. Wild card how he'll do in NA, was gonna be interesting.

All will face the wrath of Damien Brunner as he leads the Red Wings to 5+ Consecutive Stanley Cups!!!

red wings bullshit. they're going to merge him and bruunstrom to forge a decent player

Suck it Sef!

Revenant

So i'm going ice skating at the Ponda Center tomorrow. Perks of being a season ticket holder. Thinking of recording exclusive video footage for NHL-GAF. I'm not the best skater so i'll probably eat it if i recorded exclusive insider never before seen footage of my skills. We shall see...

its the closest thing to hockey we're gonna get, make sure to wear form fitting pants and skate slow..........just how rev likes it.

Man, I'm seriously surprised that Team USA did as good as they did. The way they play it's like there's fuck all chemistry between them. They're running and gunning into areas that are already well covered.

Probably the difference between Babcock and Wilson...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That Michael Bublé or Mr Hockey were part owners of the Vancouver Giants?

Say, what's Brendon Gallagher up to?
Buble was part of ownership, kind of surprises me.

Gallagher is kicking ass, leading the Bulldogs in points, and goals. He's like a nice, likeable version of Marchand that doesn't try to injure anyone. He actually go into it with Scriven's a few games ago where he crashed the crease for the 10th time in the game and Scrivens started punching him in the head.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Buble was part of ownership, kind of surprises me.

Gallagher is kicking ass, leading the Bulldogs in points, and goals. He's like a nice, likeable version of Marchand that doesn't try to injure anyone.

Buble was also on the Bieksa&Buddies charity hockey game, seems like he's pretty into hockey/Vancouver hockey.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So I don't follow football but there's something to say about a guy running head-first into his teammate's ass.

untitled-154kr6y.gif

stillbetterthancassel.0_standard_709.0.gif

Quick

Banned
Hamrlik telling it like it is about how Cole probably got himself a nice signing bonus, and not having to sacrifice anything during the lockout. Well played.

Hamrlik telling it like it is about how Cole probably got himself a nice signing bonus, and not having to sacrifice anything during the lockout. Well played.
Cole has a $2 milllion signing bonus this season. He still loses $2 million from not getting his salary, but getting paid that much to sit around and do nothing? No wonder he wants the lockout to continue,

Quick

Banned
I consider my Minus account a treasure trove. Has my GIFs and other GAF stuff (thread OTs, random stuff).

No size limit either. Pretty much made Imgur obsolete for me.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet now Brouwer is whining about Hamrlik's and Neuvirth's comments. I can't wait for there to be no chemistry in the team if there is a shortened season!

Sweet now Brouwer is whining about Hamrlik's and Neuvirth's comments. I can't wait for there to be no chemistry in the team if there is a shortened season!

"Those are two guys that have never been on a conference call, never been to a meeting, never paid attention," Brouwer told The Post. "People are going to have their own opinions but when you're fighting for something with 700 other guys, all you're doing is just making it harder to make a deal and making it harder to accomplish the things we're fighting for.

"For me, I think those guys selling us out, being selfish like that and making those comments..." Brouwer continued. "Me being on their team, how am I going to trust them as a teammate from now on? Because you know they're not going to support players in the big scheme of things when you go and you play on the team with them; it's going to be tough to want to back those guys from now on."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410109

WE'RE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED

ShaneB

So what's worse, Hamrlik stating his opinion about Fehr, or Ryan Miller saying he backs decertification which to me implies he thinks the nhlpa is a waste of time anyway?

Man this thing is a mess.

So what's worse, Hamrlik stating his opinion about Fehr, or Ryan Miller saying he backs decertification which to me implies he thinks the nhlpa is a waste of time anyway?

Man this thing is a mess.

And out of 700 players, it's not just Hamrlik and Neuvirth who are thinking this way. They're the only two to speak up publicly. But c'mon, how many guys aren't playing anywhere right now? They want to play, they want to get paid. Some of them could give 2 shits for the guys coming behind them.

Cake Boss

Banned
Like Hamerlik said, the guys who have the biggest say in this are the ones with long term contracts and are making over 3M a year.

The funny thing about it is that they already lost all the money they were fighting for by not playing, they should have worked around that 82 game schedule deal back in October, increase contract limit to 7-8 and tinker with the other shit.

Like Hamerlik said, the guys who have the biggest say in this are the ones with long term contracts and are making over 3M a year.

The funny thing about it is that they already lost all the money they were fighting for by not playing, they should have worked around that 82 game schedule deal back in October, increase contract limit to 7-8 and tinker with the other shit.

Look at the ones who are being the most belligerent about the negotiations, Crobsy, Ovechkin, Toews. Superstar players who are set for life regardless of missing a season or two. They're not players whose entire careers are on the line because a missed season might potentially mean a finished career. How many bottom six or fringe players are going to never play hockey again because once it resumes, you have a gluttony of kids coming in from the AHL ready to take on roles at much decreased salaries?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Look at the ones who are being the most belligerent about the negotiations, Crobsy, Ovechkin, Toews. Superstar players who are set for life regardless of missing a season or two. They're not players whose entire careers are on the line because a missed season might potentially mean a finished career. How many bottom six or fringe players are going to never play hockey again because once it resumes, you have a gluttony of kids coming in from the AHL ready to take on roles at much decreased salaries?

Kinda ironic if that's going on meanwhile the players are accusing the richest owners as the ones making all the calls too.

Seems they aren't quite as different as they thought.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I hope the NHL crushes the NHLPA. 50/50? Fuck that. Give the players less than 50.
Not so much because I side with the NHL more (honestly, why would I care if a player gets paid $3M instead of of $3.6M or if an owner makes $200M instead of $250M), but because the players (and agents) are bitching and whining so much more. They're so annoying.
That said, I feel bad for the players who aren't being annoying, especially the young ones who haven't gotten their big pay day yet.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The citizens of Columbus must be truly devastated. Worst Thanksgiving ever.

Top Bottom