• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

CCF23

Decertification would mean kiss the season goodbye and no guarantee you win anything in court.

Not sure how it works but NFL had a draft even though the union decertified

It might even mean kiss more than one season goodbye.

I think it's an idle threat to try and make the league panic.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
And no draft. Players like Mackinnon and jones would essentially be free agents, which would fuck over the shitty and/or small market teams hardcore

NHL draft predates the NHLPA by 4 years

But then again... Not sure how well it would hold up in court

There'd be no cap, but teams would spend within their means... Teams only made an average profit of $5 million last season

So teams profit go up, fan interest deflates in smaller markets leading to lower revenues leading to lower spend

It would be hilarious

I also want to taste players tears when they are forced to pay for travel and rooms and equipment

The bottom half of the NHL would flip the fuck out and immediately re-establish the union

The one thing I don't know about is say the NHLPA decertified and teams signed contracts but then the CBA is put in place... Would NHL be on hook for those contracts as there is no direct CBA? I guess they'd have to put in a termination clause or transitional clause in every contract they sign

decertification would soften the PR blow of NHL owners bringing on scabs, no?

There'd be no such thing as scabs, they sign whoever the hell they want at that point

Marvie_3

Banned

There'd be no cap, but teams would spend within their means... Teams only made an average profit of $5 million last season

So teams profit go up, fan interest deflates in smaller markets leading to lower revenues leading to lower spend

It would be hilarious

I also want to taste players tears when they are forced to pay for travel and rooms and equipment

The bottom half of the NHL would flip the fuck out and immediately re-establish the union
Exactly. Also, factor in that there's a slim chance that they'd even win in court(going by what was said during the NFL and NBA decertification lawsuits), the players would only be fucking themselves over in a huge way by dissolving the PA. Both the NFL and NBA unions decertified and when the players realized it wasn't going to help them in the end, the caved and both leagues had deals with a couple weeks.

It would be hilarious

From Bobby Macs article today:

What's that mean in English? The lockout would be considered illegal. No draft, no salary cap, no real rules of any kind, in theory. Potentially, it's chaos. Often times, the mere threat of decertification and going down that uncertain road is what pushes together warring CBA factions.

But decertification can also be a murky world. Free agency, no cap, no draft, yes. Medical benefits and pensions? Well, anything that the CBA previously spelled out would, in effect, be gone.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410081

Edit:

Also, Hilarious:

@FakeOilersGM: Wait. Decertification would eliminate the entry draft? Woah woah woah... LET'S NOT GET CARRIED AWAY NHLPA

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...lpa-ever-try-to-decertify-to-end-the-lockout/

That’s where decertification (or disclaiming interest) comes in. Decertification is the pin that bursts the CBA protective bubble. By dissolving a Union, the CBA is no longer able to protect a league against antitrust lawsuits.

Things, though, changed in 2011 when the NFL Union was dissolved and the players filed an antitrust lawsuit against the league to block the lockout. The Court of Appeal ruled that despite the Union dissolving itself, the CBA still protected the NFL from the antitrust lawsuit. That was a game changer for leagues.

As a result, antitrust litigation and decertification has become a far less effective tool for players in CBA negotiations. That means it’s highly unlikely that NHL players will decertify the Union. So don’t expect to see it.

Indeed, the message that has been sent by the Court of Appeal is that deals are hammered out at the bargaining table and not in the courtroom.

NFL players got shot down trying to get the lockout ruled illegal. Decertifiying isn't a guarantee of anything.

He fumbles the puck every game.

Something I never really noticed about him... Even though I know the outcome of this game, I'm nervous every time either he or Luongo go to play the puck. Not that Luongo made any bad plays (so far), it's just the nervousness that always comes from a goalie playing the puck.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Something I never really noticed about him... Even though I know the outcome of this game, I'm nervous every time either he or Luongo go to play the puck. Not that Luongo made any bad plays (so far), it's just the nervousness that always comes from a goalie playing the puck.

Especially Luongo.

Marvie_3

Banned
If you want to have a mental breakdown, then watch a few games with Niemi in net.

Rick Nashs patented "just plow through whatever is in your way" move didn't really work out that well for the GMG... He's tried it so many times in the first period and it's just lead to a turnover each time.

Meanwhile Kaner does the same thing, skates down the wing and manages to get more territory by speed alone... then his linemates don't catch up and he ends up passing to nobody before getting leveled by Weber or Pronger :lol

Apparently Kessel is playing on Team USA but you can't really notice it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dunno if he meant to DM it or what but Hall just tweeted "At least have the decency to answer your phone before you tweet, me and ebs both called you" :lol what a baby christ, just randomly saw it and checking his timeline now it's gone.

Apparently Kessel is playing on Team USA but you can't really notice it.
Busy eating waffles in the dressing room.

Socreges

Banned
Dunno if he meant to DM it or what but Hall just tweeted "At least have the decency to answer your phone before you tweet, me and ebs both called you" :lol what a baby christ, just randomly saw it and checking his timeline now it's gone.

Busy eating waffles in the dressing room.
"answer your phone before you tweet" - what does that even mean

Oh man... no commentators and you can clearly hear Getzy and Jack Johnson going at each other with loud distinct F bombs (Johnson checked Perry into the boards) and then having Johnson get pulled away by Orpik.

So good.

"answer your phone before you tweet" - what does that even mean

He's a little baby girl that hates to be ignored.

Kinda like my ex "HEY I SAW YOU COMMENT ON SOMEONES STATUS ON FACEBOOK AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T REPLIED TO MY MESSAGE".

Calm your shit, citizen.

Smiley90

That reminded me to check out if there are more drunk tweets from Kane/Seguin - there aren't. Stats-update from the Swiss League, bolds don't work in code, so I had to make a star.
Code:
Player	        Club	                GP	G	A	Pts
[B]*Damien Brunner	EV Zug	                21	12	22	34[/B]
[B]*Linus Omark	EV Zug	                23	9	23	32[/B]
[B]*Tyler Seguin	EHC Biel	        18	16	12	28[/B]
Glen Metropolit	HC Lugano               23	6	21	27
Jacob Micflikier	EHC Biel	21	12	14	26
[B]*Logan Couture	Genève-Servette HC	18	7	16	23[/B]
Thibaut Monnet	ZSC Lions	        25	9	13	22
Dan Fritsche	Genève-Servette HC	22	10	11	21
Byron Ritchie	SC Bern	                21	8	13	21
Roman Wick	ZSC Lions	        24	7	14	21
Kevin Romy	Genève-Servette HC	23	10	10	20
Christian Dubé	HC Fribourg-Gottéron	22	7	13	20
Raphael Diaz	EV Zug	                20	5	15	20
[B]*Marc-Antoine Pouliot	EHC Biel	21	4	16	20[/B]
Ryan Gardner	SC Bern	                22	9	10	19
Mathias Seger	ZSC Lions	        25	8	11	19
Cody Almond	Genève-Servette HC	23	6	13	19
Maxim Noreau	HC Ambri-Piotta	        22	6	13	19
[B]*Patrice Bergeron	HC Lugano     	11	9	9	18[/B]
[B]*Jason Williams	HC Ambri-Piotta       	21	8	10	18[/B]

not in topscorer list:

Henrik Zetterberg        11 10  7 17
Max Pacioretty            5  1  0  1
Rick Nash                15 10  6 16
Joe Thornton             19  4  9 13
Luca Sbisa               18  5  5 10
Jason Spezza             17  7 10 17
Michael Del Zotto         4  0  2  2
John Tavares             14  7 11 18
Mark Streit              18  4  8 12
Tyler Ennis               8  2  4  6
Ryan Shannon              22 8 10 18
Patrick Kane               6 4  6 10

EDIT: FINALLY done editing this code shit, that was too much effort.

Hey if Linus Omark comes back to the NHL is he on waivers or FA?

EDIT: Weird watching this game again while sober... Never actually noticed but Kesler is pretty much the reason Crosby is constantly shutdown in this game. KESLER. There's your Selke fap right there.

Smiley90

Surprised Glen Metropolit is still going strong

Looking at all the NHL Player, only Pacioretty and Thornton are doing "badly". Everyone else is doing around 1pt/g. But then, Pacioretty has only played 5 games, so we'll see.

"Man, this Navy Blue, Red and White uniform is so ugly, I hope I never have to wear this colour scheme ever again"

-Jack Johnson, 2010

EDIT: Godddd... That Getzlaf to Marleau to Perry goal was such a thing of magic.

Smiley90

Also:
Code:
1	*	Justin Schultz	Oklahoma City Barons	16	9	14	23	6
2	 	Jordan Eberle	Oklahoma City Barons	16	7	14	21	2
3	 	Brayden Schenn	Adirondack Phantoms	15	9	11	20	0
4	 	RNH	        Oklahoma City Barons	15	7	12	19	4

STACKED.

Very interesting article on the "Fehr factor" and why the owners shouldn't underestimate him:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...9ec82-341b-11e2-bb9b-288a310849ee_story.htmll

A friend passed me this article today. One of the commenters makes a salient point about the 1:1 comparison the author makes between Fehr v MLB and Fehr v NHL: NHL owners who own their arenas have multiple sources of revenue, whereas MLB owners pretty much only could get revenue from baseball.

I'm kind of sick of all the crap written about Fehr on how's some sort of God and can get whatever he wants because he is Donald Fehr and the NHL should just accept his demands before they really piss him off.

This isn't baseball, there is no strike he can launch, no collusion suit he can file and none of the owners relies on their NHL team to stay in the black.

ShaneB

Everytime I see Fehr and his smug face I want to punch the crap out of him.

These rumbles of decertification are terrifying. It's hard to see it as anything other than a scare tactic, but god dammit. The length these buffoons will go to "win" this CBA is making it harder and harder to even care about this fucking league.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looking at all the NHL Player, only Pacioretty and Thornton are doing "badly". Everyone else is doing around 1pt/g. But then, Pacioretty has only played 5 games, so we'll see.
Pacioretty isn't in Europe anymore, he got injured while there and had conflicts with the coach who wasn't playing him much afaik. He only played those 5 games.

Nice to see Diaz doing well in Europe too, hopefully he can translate that over to NA ice in 2014.

Heretic

So i'm going ice skating at the Ponda Center tomorrow. Perks of being a season ticket holder. Thinking of recording exclusive video footage for NHL-GAF. I'm not the best skater so i'll probably eat it if i recorded exclusive insider never before seen footage of my skills. We shall see...

Alucard

Banned
Dear NHL and NHLPA,
untitled-30adfw.gif

Top Bottom