• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Y'know what... Once I've moved to Melbourne and set myself up, I think I'm gonna get a Windows Surface tablet. They're looking REALLY neato.

Kave_Man loves us. I will buy you a cheap Steam game just for that, Kave_Man!

Everytime I hear this it's always the goddamn unicorn game!

CCF23

Ughhhhhhhh too many fucking games to play. Maybe the lockout is a good thing.

Working on AC3 and the BL2 DLC, have Hitman:Absolution in line next. Just bought Hotline Miami. Would still like to play Halo 4 and Dishonored at some point. Maybe even Sleeping Dogs. Always playing NHL and FIFA.

My backlog of older games is pretty ridiculous, too.

Ughhhhhhhh too many fucking games to play. Maybe the lockout is a good thing.

Working on AC3 and the BL2 DLC, have Hitman:Absolution in line next. Just bought Hotline Miami. Would still like to play Halo 4 and Dishonored at some point. Maybe even Sleeping Dogs. Always playing NHL and FIFA.

My backlog of older games is pretty ridiculous, too.

This, the recent cheap sales have me satisfied with games for a long time.

CCF23

that XCOM game is pretty damn good.

Oh yeah! I'm still only halfway through that, too! Fuck!...and my buddy is getting me NFS: Most Wanted...Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Revenant said:
I tried Hitman:Absolution(or any of them for that matter) for the first time last night at my friends house last night. We put it on the highest difficulty.

I do not make a good Assassin.

hahahaha no chance in hell I'm playing it on hardest.

CrazedArabMan said:
This, the recent cheap sales have me satisfied with games for a long time.

ACIII and Hitman I got with $20 off E3 pre-order codes from tsilon.ca during the summer. Also have The Last of Us and Watch Dogs pre-ordered from that.

$40 for new release games is sweet.

What I picked up:

Spec Ops (360): 15 Bucks
Sleeping Dogs (360 and PC thanks to Smiley): 25 Bucks
Garry's Mod (PC): 3 Bucks
Dear Esther (PC): 3 Bucks
Dishonored (360): 25 Bucks
Ace Combat Assault Horizon (360): 10 Bucks
X-Com (360): 25 Bucks
Assassins Creed 3 (360): 35 Bucks

MS store 10 dollar items I missed out on :(

Syndicate
MW3
Max Payne 3
Snipe Elite V2
Kingdoms of Amalur

Still Debating on:

Torchlight 2

Revenant

I just got Hotline Miami for $5 and it's fucking awesome.

3e372d62aec4b18563d4a822ae5608f6.gif

ONCE YOU START YOU CANT STOP PLAYING ONCE YOU START YOU CANT STOP PLAYING ONCE YOU START YOU CANT STOP....

that XCOM game is pretty damn good.

what I meant to say is that XCOM Game is a skull fucking, bend you over, ass clenching, clusterfuck of fucking fuck fuck, i need a drink.... if you played it you know what that means.

(its still pretty good though)

3e372d62aec4b18563d4a822ae5608f6.gif

ONCE YOU START YOU CANT STOP PLAYING ONCE YOU START YOU CANT STOP PLAYING ONCE YOU START YOU CANT STOP....

what I meant to say is that XCOM Game is a skull fucking, bend you over, ass clenching, clusterfuck of fucking fuck fuck, i need a drink.... if you played it you know what that means.

(its still pretty good though)

I'm holding out for a 50% off Steam sale on XCOM. Hoping to see that at Winter Sale.

In the meantime, I have a shitload of games to play on PC and 360.

Socreges

Banned
What I picked up:

- sweet button-up shirt $20, normally $50

Got a backlog to last me a lifetime. Decided to avoid buying games for now

What I picked up:

Syndicate
MW3
Max Payne 3
Snipe Elite V2
Kingdoms of Amalur

Still Debating on:

Torchlight 2

Don't. So fucking bad.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What I picked up:

Syndicate
MW3
Max Payne 3
Snipe Elite V2
Kingdoms of Amalur

Still Debating on:

Torchlight 2

Torchlight 2 is 3x as good as Diablo 3 and 1/3 the price. Must-buy/play.

Quick

Banned
What I picked up:

I manage to stay away from Steam sales, knowing full well that I probably won't touch those purchases for ages.

Montresor

I finished Ep5 of Walking Dead on my 360. So good. I bought the disc set as an early xmas gift for my brother. I hope he likes it!

Can NHL-gaf recommend me some good 3DS games? My first game was Layton and holy crap it's long. I'm already 30 hours into it and I'm liking it. I have the following games:

Ocarina of Time 3DS
Super Mario 3D Land

and I have my eye on:

Paper Mario 3DS
New SMB 2
the 999 sequel (don't know what it's called, I just LOVE point-and-clickers and need to get this)

Anything else I need? I'm a new 3DS owner who's loving this machine. I'm addicted to streetpasses. I love taking my 3DS on the subway and seeing the green streetpass LED so much!!! My co-worker suggested walking through Eaton Centre (downtown Toronto) in the middle of the day for tons of streetpass tags... I might just do that, hah.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I finished Ep5 of Walking Dead on my 360. So good. I bought the disc set as an early xmas gift for my brother. I hope he likes it!

Can NHL-gaf recommend me some good 3DS games? My first game was Layton and holy crap it's long. I'm already 30 hours into it and I'm liking it. I have the following games:

Ocarina of Time 3DS
Super Mario 3D Land

and I have my eye on:

Paper Mario 3DS
New SMB 2
the 999 sequel (don't know what it's called, I just LOVE point-and-clickers and need to get this)

Anything else I need? I'm a new 3DS owner who's loving this machine. I'm addicted to streetpasses. I love taking my 3DS on the subway and seeing the green streetpass LED so much!!! My co-worker suggested walking through Eaton Centre (downtown Toronto) in the middle of the day for tons of streetpass tags... I might just do that, hah.

Mario Kart 7 is great, and if you like rhythm games Final Fantasy Theaterythm is fantastic.

Marvie_3

Banned

Ocarina of Time 3DS
Super Mario 3D Land

and I have my eye on:

Paper Mario 3DS
New SMB 2

Steel Diver

DO NOT BUY STEEL DIVER EVEN FOR $5

FOOTE

What I picked up:

Ye. I bought some clothes. Passed on the games and movies. I was tempted though.

Amazon keeps running a deal where you get a $20 gift card with a purchase of Halo 4. I've bit my lip and passed each time. Not sure if I will bite this time but I'm super tempted.. again.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That Microsoft Store deal was insane. I ended up getting Forza Horizon, NBA 2K13 (I know, I know, it's basketball, but it really is the best sports game ever made--the presentation is unbelievable and something the EA hockey games could only dream of doing), NFS: Most Wanted, and Dance Central 3 for under $100.

Also snagged Sports Champions 2 for PS3 for $10 at Amazon.

Marvie_3

Banned
That Microsoft Store deal was insane. I ended up getting Forza Horizon, NBA 2K13 (I know, I know, it's basketball, but it really is the best sports game ever made--the presentation is unbelievable and something the EA hockey games could only dream of doing), NFS: Most Wanted, and Dance Central 3 for under $100.

Also snagged Sports Champions 2 for PS3 for $10 at Amazon.
i bought about a dozen games from that ms sale. :lol

Ocarina of Time 3DS
Super Mario 3D Land

and I have my eye on:

Paper Mario 3DS
New SMB 2

I like Kid Icarus and KH3D.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I just got a 3DS too and not sure what to do with it lol

I was thinking of getting Phoenix wright, starfox 64 3D, super Mario 3d land and new super Mario 2 but I was primarily interested thanks to the screen

My first handheld too

And wtf at the poor virtual console selection :(

Acid08

Banned
Kid Icarus us really fun even if the controls are a bit funky.

Theatrhythm is tied with Mario 3D Land for favorite 3DS game, it's excellent.

Chris R

Any chance of saving the season at this point? F1 just finished and College Football will be over next week (well, Bowls are after that, but the good ones don't start for another month) and I'm kinda bummed since I don't have any other sports to watch until next Spring if the NHL isn't alive and kicking :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Got the Note 2. Took 3 days because Rogers systems were down for so long.

But on the plus to go with this godly phone I may have got the info from the Rogers employee who helped me. :eek:

Any chance of saving the season at this point? F1 just finished and College Football will be over next week (well, Bowls are after that, but the good ones don't start for another month) and I'm kinda bummed since I don't have any other sports to watch until next Spring if the NHL isn't alive and kicking :(

No

AlexMogil

I got the email from the Blue Jackets that the All Star weekend was cancelled. It was like reading an obituary that someone wrote themselves.

"Ha ha, Billy, the Blue Jackets will get the All Star game soon. For now we're going to take ol' BJ out to the farm. He will love it there, so much room to run."

Top Bottom