• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Socreges

Banned
I recommend that any post using "fat" or a synonym of fat as a descriptor must be accompanied with a balancing comment. Like:

$10 says Acid's got some junk in the trunk

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Quick

Banned
I recommend that any post using "fat" or a synonym of fat as a descriptor must be accompanied with a balancing comment. Like:

This made me blow my nose hard.

Fucking lol.

Acid08

Banned

I ain't no Byfuglien but I'm not exactly Zooey Deschanel either.

Heretic

So good

iuISV6jzp1F9J.gif

Acid, if you were a dinosaur this is how I imagine you'd look. That dinosaur looks high as hell!

EDIT:I will add that there's nothing wrong with being high as fuck and that the dinosaur is also one attractive mofo.

Futureman

not following this too closely, but I thought the beef was mainly with the owners... but the last page or so in here seems to be very angry at the players? is it a mix of the two right now I guess?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
not following this too closely, but I thought the beef was mainly with the owners... but the last page or so in here seems to be very angry at the players? is it a mix of the two right now I guess?

No, we've switched from "mixed" to pretty much "fuck the players, mostly", over the past several months.

Heretic

We went from "fuck both sides, let's get something done" to "fuck the players, hope the owners ream them" to "fuck both sides, cancel the season"

CCF23

Gardiner is a -1? hahahahahaha. He's a good player, but there's a laundry list that have been better than him in the AHL this season.

Compare Gardiner's 9 goals and 17 points and a -1 in 22 games with Schultz's 11 goals and 32 points and +13 in 22 games.

It ain't even close, and I fucking hate Schultz.

Gardiner is a -1? hahahahahaha. He's a good player, but there's a laundry list that have been better than him in the AHL this season.

Compare Gardiner's 9 goals and 17 points and a -1 in 22 games with Schultz's 11 goals and 32 points and +13 in 22 games.

To be fair, Lidstrom would've been a minus too if he had to play with the Marlie's ECHL tandem.

Montresor

+/- isn't that great of an indicator of a player's worth. It's more of a team statistic.

I'm going to go in my corner now and worship Gardiner.

Smiley90

+/- isn't that great of an indicator of a player's worth. It's more of a team statistic.

I'm going to go in my corner now and worship Gardiner.

Out of the 27 players on the Marlies, only 5 have a negative +- and they're a combined +50. It's not like the whole Marlies suck. It's really just Gardiner.

Cactus

Banned
Out of the 27 players on the Marlies, only 5 have a negative +- and they're a combined +50. It's not like the whole Marlies suck. It's really just Gardiner.

+/- is a flawed statistic. There are a bunch of better indicators of on-ice performance, especially if you're a believer in advanced stats (which, unfortunately, aren't available for AHL players).

I mean, Cherry is crazy for calling Gardiner the best player in the AHL, but you're not that far off if you actually think he sucks, or even that certain other players on the Marlies with a higher +/- are playing better than him.

Smiley90

+/- is a flawed statistic. There are a bunch of better indicators of on-ice performance, especially if you're a believer in advanced stats (which, unfortunately, aren't available for AHL players).

I mean, Cherry is crazy for calling Gardiner the best player in the AHL, but you're not that far off if you actually think he sucks, or even that other players on the Marlies with higher +/- are playing better than him.

No I'm just saying you can't say "well he has a worse +- than Schultz because the Marlies are so bad! He's still better!". No, you can't, because the Marlies aren't THAT bad. Schultz is still playing better.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If players like Gardiner, B. Schen, Eberle, etc weren't tearing up the AHL then there would be something wrong.

Cactus

Banned
No I'm just saying you can't say "well he has a worse +- than Schultz because the Marlies are so bad! He's still better!". No, you can't, because the Marlies aren't THAT bad. Schultz is still playing better.

I agree with that. Schultz is definitely on another level. It'll be interesting to see how he transitions to the NHL, where his team will be comparatively worse and the competition will be much better.

Smiley90

I agree with that. Schultz is definitely on another level. It'll be interesting to see how he transitions to the NHL, where his team will be comparatively worse and the competition will be much better.

To be fair, he went from dominating his league to dominating the AHL (with a lot of NHL players), so I think he's profiting BIG TIME from this Lockout. He gets a transition league AND gets to play with his teammates and gets to know them. He'll have a hell of a rookie year. He won't dominate, but he'll be good.

MacAttack

I've just heard from a reliable source that the NHLPA and NHL will come to an agreement by New Years.

My source is impeccable
and delicious
:

jVCGp.jpg

This tasty nugget has spoken
his last words

Solo

Plus minus is the biggest non-stat there is. Its a garbage stat. It shouldn't even be called a statistic. It depends on so many factors above and beyond an individual player.

Heretic

Plus minus is the biggest non-stat there is. Its a garbage stat. It shouldn't even be called a statistic. It depends on so many factors above and beyond an individual player.

I think the +/- is an ok indicator for defenders and defenders only but yeah...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yep. Just like certain prospects tearing it up in juniors... well, if they weren't, why'd you use your top 5 draft pick to select them?
I'd be bitter too if my team had one of the worst prospect crops in the league and having nothing to show for it.

Top Bottom