• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I love Morgan Rielly but how awesome would it have been if the Leafs drafted a forward as well.

We could be fighting for years over our 2012 draft class forward. :(
I was hoping for the same, and positive you guys were going to draft Grigorenko / Forsberg..

The flow in the deke and the skating here is just insane.
Shame he hit the post, would have been a GOTY candidate.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I was hoping for the same, and positive you guys were going to draft Grigorenko / Forsberg..

As did most of Leafs Nation but Burke definitely takes the best player available not what we need. In hindsight now looks like he made the right choice as Morgan is looking absolutely amazing.

BELIEVE!!!

xwbqS.jpg

rbrt pls

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So apparently the players are panicking that make whole was yanked so we may have a deal soon for 10 years if make whole is back on table lol

Huberdeau had his (presumably) last game in St. John before trade or call-up. How did it go?

3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - High-sticking, (1.26) (PP)
3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Instigator, (1.4) (PP)
3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Fighting, (2.2)
3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Instigator - Misconduct, (3.4)
3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Abuse of officials - Misconduct, (3.91)
3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Fight in the final 5 minutes of regulation time, or anytime of the overtime - Game Misconduct, (4.2)

Video: http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...09-190909.html

LoL- In all fairness look like the ref just fell trying to hold him back, but he was injured. I love that he some fire and won't back down from a fight but he needs to pick the battles. Likely he'll end up with MacKinnon after a trade, and then convince Mac to demand a trade to the cats.

EDIT: and he gets the 1st star. BEAST

Huberdeau had his (presumably) last game in St. John before trade or call-up. How did it go?

3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - High-sticking, (1.26) (PP)
3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Instigator, (1.4) (PP)
3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Fighting, (2.2)
3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Instigator - Misconduct, (3.4)
3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Abuse of officials - Misconduct, (3.91)
3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Fight in the final 5 minutes of regulation time, or anytime of the overtime - Game Misconduct, (4.2)

Video: http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...09-190909.html

LoL- In all fairness look like the ref just fell trying to hold him back, but he was injured. I love that he some fire and won't back down from a fight but he needs to pick the battles. Likely he'll end up with MacKinnon after a trade, and then convince Mac to demand a trade to the cats.

EDIT: and he gets the 1st star. BEAST

Tough to be traded before you're drafted

Traded within the QJMHL? Why? Are Saint Johns dispersing or something?

lol @ this

Ahead of the NHL draft, Vityaz Chekhov made Huberdeau the fifth overall selection in the 2011 Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) Junior Draft.[9] After being informed of his selection, Huberdeau said "For sure, I don’t want to go there. I didn’t talk to anybody about that."[10]

Always wondered about the KHL draft, do teams just waste their picks on players who they know won't wanna go to the KHL or what? Looks like a waste of a pick.

Traded within the QJMHL? Why? Are Saint Johns dispersing or something?

They are in full rebuild mode. Huberdeau is the only "star" on that team. So they'll trade him for players/ picks. QJMHL trade rules are weird so there is about a month long window to do so. He'll go to a contender team like Halifax and go for another cup run after the WJCs.

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika
Another overlooked detail: NHLPA proposed mid-level cap exception last week for the first time. NHL told union it is a non-starter.

NHLPA trying to make the NHL more like the NBA.

Fehr isn't trying to get rid of the cap so much as poke many holes in it it might as well not be there.

Top Bottom