• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
NHL didn't actually put its proposal back on table. Mediator asked the players would they accept it, if the league did put it back on table.

Call in mediators, they don't take your side. lololololololol

NOPE

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just did a look see at MLB vs NHL... 1993 to 2012

MLB revenue in 1993 was $1.8 billion... Today $7.5 billion... Over 4x increase

NHL revenue in 1993 was $400 million... Today $3.3 billion... Over 8x increase

MLB average salary in 1993 was $1.1 million... Today $3.4 million... Basically a 3x increase

NHL average salary in 1993 was $400k.... Today $2.45 million... Basically a 6x increase

ITS THE FUCKING SAME INCREASE*

"Look at what fehr did for baseball players!"

*but in baseball, the average salary is skewed towards the top earners

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@mturco35
“@MattBarnaby3636: I think at some point players demand a vote and it passes. League goes right over Fehr to get deal they want.” Ur a tool

Hahaha

FOOTE

Get your shit together, NHL. I'm already starting to (kind of) listen to NBA games on the TV in my room. Soon I might start watching them.

Barnaby should tell Turco that he should probably pay more attention to the austrian league CBA rather than the CBA of a league he'll never play in.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah there's no way Einstein would be calling for bigger nets in hockey.

:lol

Decreasing goalie equipment size was the main focus of that argument. Increasing net size was a last resort.

ATF487

Might have to attend an AHL game soon, sick of this no hockey business. Wish Providence/Worcester had some week day home games in the schedule, I have nearly two weeks off of work around the holidays and want a lonely man outing on a non-weekend. May have to go to Manchester!!!11

Montresor

Kave_Man can you link the TSN article you were talking about earlier. For a second I thought you were trying to say Rielly was cut from the Junior team.

I want to read the salt from those fellas.

So you're joining the NOPEtrain?

I mean I still hope there's a season but I'm not going to get jerked around with optimistic reports that will end up being BS. Does team NOPE think there won't be a season? I don't get it. Does team NOPE still hope theres a season? I'M SO CONFUSED

‏
@mturco35

“@tonyrask1: @mturco35 Apparently Marty Turco is still alive. That's....sad.” F you

GF's coworker has a half-sister that dated Turco years ago. Said he pulled the "don't you know who I am" card everywhere and was a major douche.

I mean I still hope there's a season but I'm not going to get jerked around with optimistic reports that will end up being BS. Does team NOPE think there won't be a season? I don't get it. Does team NOPE still hope theres a season? I'M SO CONFUSED

Wants hockey but consigned to the fact that there wont be a season

Wants hockey but consigned to the fact that there wont be a season

I see. I still think there could be a season... I have a hard time thinking that both sides won't come to an agreement since they're this close.

That said, I won't be surprised if it does in fact get cancelled.

So I guess I am under team HOPE

Heretic

I see. I still think there could be a season... I have a hard time thinking that both sides won't come to an agreement since they're this close.

That said, I won't be surprised if it does in fact get cancelled.

So I guess I am under team HOPE

Stand strong, brother, and Hope-ify your avatar!!!

Cat Party

AND HERE COMES IVY LEAGUE GRAD DOUGLAS MURRAY WITH A CLUTCH MOVE FOR TEAM HOPE:

David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks
#Sjshark DMurray back in NYC for today's meetings: “I believe we’re very close right now and I think the deal should be able to get... (1/2)

"...done from the circumstances we’re in right now. But it’s not done and it’s frustrating.” (2/2)

Also he may or may not have tapped Tiger's ex:

Finally, #Sjshark DMurray on NYDN report of Fla. dinner with Tiger's ex: “When friends are in the same area, they sometimes have dinner.”

Socreges

Banned
I feel like when someone has a degree in Hotel Administration from Cornell, calling them an Ivy League grad is somehow disingenuous.

Acid08

Banned
Hotel administration is the future. After the NHL shuts down and the rest of these players crawl into the gutter, Douglas Murray will stand tall as he runs the best "Courtyard by Marriott" in the country.

Quick

Banned
Hotel administration is the future. After the NHL shuts down and the rest of these players crawl into the gutter, Douglas Murray will stand tall as he runs the best "Courtyard by Marriott" in the country.

Elin Nordegren gets wet as fuck at the thought.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hotel Administration? Yea, that's embarrassing calling yourself an Ivy League Grad

"You work at Nasa?!"
"Yea, it's awesome!"
"What do you do?"
"I empty the garbage cans, and sweep the floor"
"Oh......"

Marvie_3

Banned
Nobody is going to want to stay at a hotel run by a guy that looks like a serial killer.

Nobody is going to want to stay at a hotel run by a guy that looks like a serial killer.

i

Why is his neck as wide as his head?

Top Bottom