• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

I think Murphy will probably make it as the 7th D. He's been underwhelming given his pedigree, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as Dumba. Given the lack of scoring in the camp so far, I wouldn't mind having a dynamic OFD as the 7th D.

I think the defense right now is really just a 3 way fight for the 7th spot.

The top 4 is already set, Reinhart and Corrado are almost certainly going to be that bottom pairing. It's just a question of who deserves the 7th spot between Murphy, Sproul Wotherspoon.

Dumba has no chance. He should've been cut last night.

Sproul would have a great shot, he litterally just came back from injury I believe and was still picked for tryouts, so not bad.

Edit: NVM, I think Ouellet was the one injured.

Socreges

Banned
If Dumba beats out Corrado.... man.
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

“@sunayas: The first cut at Team Canada's camp is: Frank Corrado #WJC2013” Wow, I am shocked.
Corrado cut. lol Watch Dumba make it.
ib0wLZj1oOo5Fi.gif

Socreges

Banned
Brossoit cut. Paterson as the 3rd goalie that will spend two weeks wandering Ufa.

[edit] Catenacci cut. Dude is way too small and gets bodied easily.

McNeill and Sproul cut.

Socreges

Banned
Wow. According to Kesler's agent, he's still "several months away" from playing following offseason shoulder and wrist surgeries.

I knew about his shoulder, but not his wrist. That 2011 playoff run destroyed him. Hopefully he's beasting like in 2010/11 when he finally does return.

Wow. According to Kesler's agent, he's still "several months away" from playing following offseason shoulder and wrist surgeries.

I knew about his shoulder, but not his wrist. That 2011 playoff run destroyed him. Hopefully he's beasting like in 2010/11 when he finally does return.
Or it could just be that his agent realizes the season could be cancelled, and is making sure his client will still get paid next year.

Not sure what you mean here.
Kesler is still being paid his NHL salary because he was injured before the lockout. In order to maintain his paycheques, he'd have to stay injured. If he was getting better, and is game ready and off the IR in say January and then the season is canned, then he won't be getting anymore cheques.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah I expected Wilson to make it, but to be fair he didn't do very well.

I'm guessing Shinkaruk will make it then. Skill over physicality. NM, Shinkaruk cut...

Kesler is still being paid his NHL salary because he was injured before the lockout. In order to maintain his paycheques, he'd have to stay injured. If he was getting better, and is game ready and off the IR in say January and then the season is canned, then he won't be getting anymore cheques.
....I don't think I knew that. So if the 12/13 season is cancelled, everyone on IR still gets paid, but no one else does.

Anyway, I'm sure they honestly see that as 'recovery time', regardless. If a season gets salvaged, he'll rush back.

SHINKARUK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

HOW DO YOU CUT A 93ovr PLAYER?!

....I don't think I knew that. So if the 12/13 season is cancelled, everyone on IR still gets paid, but no one else does.
Everyone who's still injured will still get paid. The Canucks have been constantly disputing Kesler's recovery time with his agent. They say he's close to ready, he says he's far from it,

Garrison and Edler are also still being written paycheques, in Edler's case, it's being hinted that the Canucks are extending his IR as sort of a goodwill incentive to encourage him to re-sign.

Socreges

Banned
So Wotherspoon and Camara are the ones I got wrong. 7th and 13th, respectively, I'd guess.

SHINKARUK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

HOW DO YOU CUT A 93ovr PLAYER?!

Everyone who's still injured will still get paid. The Canucks have been constantly disputing Kesler's recovery time with his agent. They say he's close to ready, he says he's far from it,

Garrison and Edler are also still being written paycheques, in Edler's case, it's being hinted that the Canucks are extending his IR as sort of a goodwill incentive to encourage him to re-sign.
I'm out of the loop. Who's covering this stuff?

Shame Sproul didn't make it, but we have Paterson and Ouellet who did, Detroit prospect pool is looking good. :D

Screw that, now he will just take the money and run, do it!!!!

@jessespector Not for nothing, why would current NHL players want CBA advice from people who got their asses handed to them while their union broke?

Oh I don't know, because those players lived the cost benefit of this scenario?

Top Bottom