• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Cat Party

I have dual citizenship. Canada is my retirement plan.

Thought crosses my mind every now and then that I should look for work up there and move the family. Today was absolutely one of those days. My profession is not good for switching countries, though.

I still can't understand America's fascinations with guns. People there just treat them like they're toys.

"Hey, it's lil' Jimmy's birthday! Let's get him a fuching rifle!"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I still can't understand America's fascinations with guns. People there just treat them like they're toys.

"Hey, it's lil' Jimmy's birthday! Let's get him a fuching rifle!"

I don't get it, either.

I've already seen some hicks on my wife's side of the family politicizing this on Facebook, stating that all teachers should carry concealed weapons. What a joke.

Marvie_3

Banned
I have dual citizenship. Canada is my retirement plan.

Thought crosses my mind every now and then that I should look for work up there and move the family. Today was absolutely one of those days. My profession is not good for switching countries, though.
American flag salesman?

Socreges

Banned
I've already seen some hicks on my wife's side of the family politicizing this on Facebook, stating that all teachers should carry concealed weapons. What a joke.
Yeah, that'll help. More guns. Geniuses.
tumblr_meg5glxCFK1r5zs3to1_500.gif

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris

The NHL has filed a class action complaint in Federal Court in New York seeking a declaration confirming the legality of the lockout.

Same thing the NBA did. Shit just got real.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@DarrenDreger: NHL responds to NHLPA news today by filing complaint with NLRB claiming PA has engaged in bad faith bargaining. Another fight begins...

Cake Boss

Banned
@DarrenDreger: NHL responds to NHLPA news today by filing complaint with NLRB claiming PA has engaged in bad faith bargaining. Another fight begins...

lolololol PA.

They are slow to negotiate, they are slow to making proposals, they are slow to their meetings, they are slow in filing lawsuits

CCF23

So for team HOPE, we cheer for the lockout to be declared legal and for that to force the PA to play ball.

OK. I'm back. HOPE.

Marvie_3

Banned
Played some Forza yesterday. Not sure if I will get Far Cry 3. Maybe after I finish Forza, AC3, Spartan Ops, Dishonored, Borderlands DLC, Skyrim major quests, :lol

Totally forgot about the 2nd Borderlands DLC. I downloaded it when it came out but haven't even touched it yet. :lol

Cake Boss

Banned
"@mirtle: The players, had they filed first, would have chosen a court in another state (perhaps California) more likely to rule the lockout illegal

"@reporterchris: New York has been known to be more favourable to sports leagues -- hence the NHL's decision to file with federal court there.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA OH GOD PA.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
"@mirtle: The players, had they filed first, would have chosen a court in another state (perhaps California) more likely to rule the lockout illegal

"@reporterchris: New York has been known to be more favourable to sports leagues -- hence the NHL's decision to file with federal court there.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA OH GOD PA.

This is what you call the nhl being prepared for stupidity

Cake Boss

Banned
"@reporterchris: For what it's worth, at least one labour lawyer I spoke with thinks the NHL lockout will end quicker now that it's in the courts."

Insert some hopium to this very nopy day.

Marvie_3

Banned
This is pretty much exactly what happened with the NBA before they finished their deal.

Pretty much. While they won't lose as much money as I hoped they would in the end, seeing the PA get embarassed in court will make up for it.

NBPA knew when to cut their losses and sign. I'm not sure we have that here.
NHLPA's biggest threat is gone if the courts throw it out. What little leverage they had is gone at that point.

I bought the THQ Humble Bundle and beat Saints Row 3 a couple days ago. Great game to play co-op.

Going to hop back into Guild Wars 2 now that Wintersday is starting.

Top Bottom