• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

MacAttack

The sad truth about that article:

Even if this anonymous proposal eventually prompts a deal, the league is unlikely to be able to play much more than a 48-game season, just as it did in 1994-95, when that lockout ended on Jan. 11, and the puck was dropped nine days later.

That time frame, however, gives both sides another three weeks until they would have to get really serious – which is why they’re mired in a standoff.

There will be a deal, it just won't be until the last minute. #TEAMREALTALK

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Meh...we all knew this was coming. Should be fun to watch the players completely destroy any interest in this league.

Marvie_3

Banned
Come on, NHL/NHLPA. Come to some miracle agreement as a birthday present to me.

...Fucking twats.

image.php

Cat Party

So they don't have a problem with putting the dissolution of the union to a vote, but they absolutely can't put a CBA offer to a vote. Makes sense.

TEAMHOPEfully the vote fails, and the PA has to accept that they don't have the leverage they think they have. If the vote fails, I see resolution shortly.

Explains the relative quiet on twitter of a good number of the outspoken players compared to last week (Turco, Mayers not withstanding). I'm guessing a simple majority pass this, just because I have no faith in their collective intelligence.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Holy shit, just saw.

Obligatory THIS ISNT THE TIME TO TALK ABOUT GUN CONTROL, GUYS

OBAMA IS GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS NOOOOOOO.

THIS NEVER WOULD'VE HAPPENED IF THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KIDS HAD HAD GUNS!

Seriously, get your shit together Murika. Why can nutcases get FOUR GUNS?

Acid08

Banned
OT, but that shooting in the US is pretty crazy.
I work with elementary school kids, this has been a really fucking terrible morning talking with parents. A lot of them are getting pulled out of class to spend the day with their families.

Fuck guns, fuck people. Gun lobbies have Congress in their pockets, nothing will change without our action.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I work with elementary school kids, this has been a really fucking terrible morning talking with parents. A lot of them are getting pulled out of class to spend the day with their families.

Fuck guns, fuck people. Gun lobbies have Congress in their pockets, nothing will change without our action.

My wife does as well. I don't want to text her the news yet.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Fuck guns, fuck people.

I can imagine, I'd probably do the same IF I had kids. What a fucking awful thing. Seriously, either improve mental health care our gun restriction laws, because doing nothing results in this.

Sorry for OT, but it's pretty infuriating.

I would do the same too, if I had kids.

That was probably their last school day before winter break too. Fuck man, I remember those days it was a fun day before break. I can't imagine what it must be like.

Cat Party

I talked my wife out of picking up our school age daughter this morning. Just seems like the schools have enough to worry about without emotional parents coming around spooking the kids.

Quick

Banned
I talked my wife out of picking up our school age daughter this morning. Just seems like the schools have enough to worry about without emotional parents coming around spooking the kids.

Probably the worst you can do is to panic your child and making them think school is dangerous. Good call.

These things aren't isolated to schools, and can happen anywhere at anytime. There's no way to prepare for it because it happens at random. One of the few things you can do is trust that the school staff will keep themselves and the children safe.

Acid08

Banned
Good for you guys, education is too important to be stopped because of a maniac. I definitely understand why the parents are doing it though, I might even have done the same if I had kids.

Back on hockey talk, have you been to a Bulls game yet? I think I'm going to go to one on the 28th if my schedule allows for it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stuff like today's shooting makes me want to move to Canada badly. Too bad it's so hard to get citizenship.

The gun lobby is so strong in this country that nothing will ever change.

TUSR

Banned
Stuff like today's shooting makes me want to move to Canada badly. Too bad it's so hard to get citizenship.

Canada is great, we accept you. Just dont be a dick.

Cake Boss

Banned

Is it really that hard to get it? My dad works for immigration Canada and says its not that difficult.
To become Canadian citizens, adults must have resided in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying

Top Bottom