• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Montresor

Can you guys help me out with some XBLA recommendations with this Christmas sale going on?

The following are on sale today only:

Dust
Deadlight
Hybrid

Also, the following were on sale the other day. Do they pass NHL-GAF approval?

Mark of the ninja
Trine 2

And then we got Jet Set Radio on sale until the end of the year. I really hope I didn't fuck up by missing out on mark of the ninja and trine 2. I heard Socreges praising the ninja title.

Heretic

Can you guys help me out with some XBLA recommendations with this Christmas sale going on?

Dust
Deadlight
Hybrid

Mark of the ninja
Trine 2

And then we got Jet Set Radio on sale until the end of the year. I really hope I didn't fuck up by missing out on mark of the ninja and trine 2. I heard Socreges praising the ninja title.

i would like some xbla recommendations too!

Dust
Deadlight
Hybrid

Mark of the ninja
Trine 2

Get Mark of the Ninja.

Montresor

i would like some xbla recommendations too!

Super Meat Boy is half off until the end of the year and it's an incredible 2-D platformer! It's very very difficult but the beauty of the game is that respawns are instant. You could die fifty times on some levels with no lag time whatsoever in between lives. And the music is top notch, especially the hospital's light world theme. Try the demo!

I think Fez was half off on Dec 20th and you missed out if you didn't get it then. It's one of my favourite puzzle games ever, but it will make you feel like complete shit if you don't figure out its puzzles on your own. It took me two pages of notes and magic marker scribbles all over my white board before I figured out (and I sincerely recommend not highlighting because the beauty of the game is not knowing there's something to solve and then stumbling into the puzzle)
the numbering system
. The first playthrough of Fez is platforming, collecting golden cubes. The second playthrough will have you trying to solve three majorly difficult mysteries, the first of which is in the highlighted spoiler. I only solved that one on my own (and I had to get some nudges there too) and though I was put down a peg with those other mysteries, it was still fun haha.

The atmosphere in Fez is beautiful. I loved the blocky NES graphics and the music and the feeling of loneliness everywhere you went.

Montresor

Get Mark of the Ninja.

best game of those listed by far

Sounds good! I'll try out that demo. There'll be no rush there since I already missed out on that sale. So Deadlight and Hybrid aren't worth a shot, huh? Sorry if I sound like I'm being insufferable, because after all, it should be as easy as downloading a trial and giving it a shot myself, but I don't have a lot of time today. =)

I tried out the Dust An Elysian Tale demo, and was sold within 15 minutes. For 600 Microsoft Points I'm definitely going to download that.

Also Heretic, here's another suggestion. On Christmas Day, Walking Dead Episode 1 is free for a week... and if you end up liking Episode 1, the rest of the episodes are half off on December 28th. I loved all five episodes, and I highly recommend them if you like point-and-click adventures games. <3

Socreges

Banned
Mark of the Ninja is excellent. Worth 1200 MSP imo. Not sure when it would go on sale again. The demo will give you a good idea of the game's potential. As you progress you unlock more skills and tools that make the gameplay even deeper.

Getting Trials Evo later tonight when it goes on sale. Loved the demo

Teemu :'(
What happened?

Dust
Deadlight
Hybrid

Mark of the ninja
Trine 2

Mark of the ninja is awesome

Montresor

I don't care about hockey anymore. If it comes back, great. But I don't miss it anymore. Maybe ill become a blue jays fan.

I've been turned off by this lockout. = I'm sick of waiting for positive news.

Thank you Random Tag and Socreges!

I don't care about hockey anymore. If it comes back, great. But I don't miss it anymore. Maybe ill become a blue jays fan.

I've been turned off by this lockout. = I'm sick of waiting for positive news.

Thank you Random Tag and Socreges!

I'm also getting fed up of the nhl, but I will come crawling back once the lockout is over. I'm from Montreal and hockey is in my blood

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I wouldn't care one bit. I'm far beyond caring at this point.

Although if that happened I'm sure some other league would spring up.
Yeah, and Canada would be fine — media coverage probably wouldn't skip a beat. But the end of the NHL would most likely be the final nail in the coffin of hockey on TV in the States.

So, yeah, I would be pretty bummed if the NHL folded. I mean, I hope the season is cancelled, but I don't want the LEAGUE to be cancelled, gosh.

ShaneB

The schadenfreude in me wants to see the NHL fold or something just to see what chaos would ensue and all the fallout.

But the hockey fan in me just wants this settled and everything back to normal :(

The schadenfreude in me wants to see the NHL fold or something just to see what chaos would ensue and all the fallout.

But the hockey fan in me just wants this settled and everything back to normal :(
I'll come crawling back but I want the players to crawl back first, the bastards.

Alucard

Banned
I'll come crawling back but I want the players to crawl back first, the bastards.

ibuD6fS0s2yw6H.gif

ATF487

Yeah. I don't know how anyone can really be a fan of something and say "OK it's fine if I don't have this anymore, I don't really care."

Actually I'll be really pissed if there's no abbreviated season, I might be moving to Cambridge and I'd be able to get to the Garden in 20 minutes. I'd go to games all the time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i1Pq77eMbuuvV.gif

Team Nope is so depressing. Don't care if there was no NHL? Gimme a break, we'll see you all crawling back and praising it all when a season starts in January.

Lach

Is there a way for you guys to watch the Spengler Cup this week? With the lookout there will be quite a few NHL players on the ice this year.

For those who don't know, the Spengler Cup is an annual cup in Davos, Switzerland from Dec 26 to Dec 31. There are 6 Teams this year. Two from Switzerland (Host Davos and Fribourg), one from Germany (Mannheim), one from Russia (Salavat Yulaev Ufa), one from the Czech Republic (Vitkovice) and as usual Team Canada. Team Canada usually consists of canadian players that play in various teams in switzerland and the surrounding countries. But this year they'll have players like Bernier and Smyth!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is there a way for you guys to watch the Spengler Cup this week? With the lookout there will be quite a few NHL players on the ice this year.

For those who don't know, the Spengler Cup is an annual cup in Davos, Switzerland from Dec 26 to Dec 31. There are 6 Teams this year. Two from Switzerland (Host Davos and Fribourg), one from Germany (Mannheim), one from Russia (Salavat Yulaev Ufa), one from the Czech Republic (Vitkovice) and as usual Team Canada. Team Canada usually consists of canadian players that play in various teams in switzerland and the surrounding countries. But this year they'll have players like Bernier and Smyth!

I have tickets to two games. ;)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Goddamn, didn't realize spezza and Tavares were also playing for team Canada at the Spengler cup...please Canada, lose your first game so I get to see them play Davos :/ the way the scheduling works is odd...just gotta hope they lose their first game.Davos-Canada will be great to watch.

Cake Boss

Banned
Darren Dreger &#8207;@DarrenDreger
While both sides recharge, there is still plenty of optimism a season will be saved early in 2013. I'm hopeful, but less optimistic.

ALL ABOARD TEAM HOPUIM, LAST STOP
hypetrain.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Team Nope is so depressing. Don't care if there was no NHL? Gimme a break, we'll see you all crawling back and praising it all when a season starts in January.
if the nhl never came back, id do what ive been doing already, watch other leagues/find other shit to do.

Technically since it's 2:30am on Xmas Day then... HAPPY XMAS NHL-GAF !!

May you all get spoiled and receive absolutely zero NHL merchandise for gifts.

I bought myself Deadlight and Doom II on XBLA.

Socreges

Banned
i1Pq77eMbuuvV.gif

What portion of 'Team Nope' do you think this actually applies to?

Team Nope is where it's at. You hope that there will be a season, but without the deluded expectations of Team Hope.

Top Bottom