• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Cake Boss

Banned
I hope Jenner gets suspended for the whole tourney.

Bring in Monahan or Shinkaruk, this team needs a lot more skill and speed and less idiots trying to finish their checks like its the Stanley Cup playoffs and not contributing to the scoreboard at all and just end up taking penalties.

Alucard

Banned
Feeling a little Cake Bossed and not giving a fuck if the NHL ever comes back. Can always just play street hockey and watch international tournaments. Fuck the greedy assholes involved in this whole process. What a fucking joke and disgrace of a league. Just when popularity was on the rise, they go and pull this kind of bullshit shit. Fuck 'em. Fuck all of 'em.

cube444

Feeling a little Cake Bossed and not giving a fuck if the NHL ever comes back. Can always just play street hockey and watch international tournaments. Fuck the greedy assholes involved in this whole process. What a fucking joke and disgrace of a league. Just when popularity was on the rise, they go and pull this kind of bullshit shit. Fuck 'em. Fuck all of 'em.

It never was.

Canada has the talent. Not concerned. It's the medal round that separates the men from the boys. Also, is the WJ OP up?
I´ll throw one up, will post it sometime during the next hour. I think I´ve only made two threads before and those were complete failures, but whatever.

should I post it in Off topic or community?

Cake Boss

Banned
"@JSportsnet: Don't be surprised if the talks between the 2 sides resume as early as the 26th or 27th, at the latest. #NHLLockout"

Christmas Hope.

Ugh.. the double standards. If he was a white player getting this hate (for a stupid move imo) it wouldn't even make the back page of the sports section.

Well lets not kid ourselves, the league still has a racism problem. How many players of color have or still are enduring the same BS? Subban, Simmonds et al still had to put up with racism this past season. It something the league hasn't yet fully tried to fix.

We see it from players, from staff, from fans, from media. Hell, when I played in my youth I'd get plenty of it from other kids and parents. It simply is,and will be a reality until the league actually acknowledges the issue and seeks to correct it.

Add me for some Halo 4 action brehs. Haven't finished campaign yet so I might not be playing that much online yet, but my gamertag is Imploding Cats

Alucard

Banned
Well lets not kid ourselves, the league still has a racism problem. How many players of color have or still are enduring the same BS? Subban, Simmonds et al still had to put up with racism this past season. It something the league hasn't yet fully tried to fix.

We see it from players, from staff, from fans, from media. Hell, when I played in my youth I'd get plenty of it from other kids and parents. It simply is,and will be a reality until the league actually acknowledges the issue and seeks to correct it.

You can't fix the majority of Boston sports fans, man.

I'm on Team LOL HO NOPE.

This is only an issue because the league is in lockout. Everyone knows hockey players are rich. White, black, red, purple, green, it doesn't matter but those greedy fucks are directly responsible for holding the game back and the last thing we need is for them to be out there flashing money and saying "hey look at me I have a better life than you do" when they are ASKING FOR EVEN MORE MONEY.

zedge

This is only an issue because the league is in lockout. Everyone knows hockey players are rich. White, black, red, purple, green, it doesn't matter but those greedy fucks are directly responsible for holding the game back and the last thing we need is for them to be out there flashing money and saying "hey look at me I have a better life than you do" when they are ASKING FOR EVEN MORE MONEY.

Bingo.

ShaneB

Nice injection of Hope from Grapes

Also PK is a natural on Sportsnet

Grapes is only looking for content for Rock'em Sock'em 25 next year.

And indeed, PK is great with the SN crew. Really liking him there.

It's nice being home for the holidays. edit: picked up this for my flight home, lots of great content in here.

SN_BestSportsStories.jpg

Had a story about Lokomotiv in there and the plane crash. Was tough to read without getting teary eyed.

Cake Boss

Banned
True, they have those interviews of Canada's juniors on TSN and god dman they are boring as shit, they all say the same shit, they are trained at an early age to just act as robots in front of the camera and never show any personality.

Fei

Except for the fact that the players are NOT asking for more money. They aren't even asking for their share to remain the same.

Not to defend Kane at all. Complete lack of common sense.

ShaneB

Man, I wanted to like Boone Jenner, he has such a badass name, but I just saw the hit..... wtf is he thinking with a hit that late?!?! Moron.

That was pretty smexy.

Also you can add me to "Team Nope". The whole thing has deteriorated into a giant game of chicken on a few small points and both sides are going to go off the cliff waiting for the other to blink.

Sounds like an analogy to the fiscal cliff, lol.

Top Bottom