• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Stasis

6dv5C.jpg

Red, are you okay? :D

I got a whole fuckload of that on the south shore of Montreal... I'm actually in one of the worst areas for it. Getting our cars out was fun as hell last night.

Gf's a nurse and they made so many of them stay in forced overtime due to tons of people not being able to make it in. Highways were like parking lots, and cops were on snowmobiles.

I SHOVELED FOR DAYS.

As to the NHL offer, I'm ecstatic... but I have so very very little faith in the PA's ability to not be retarded that I refuse to hope even a little yet.

Can't believe shit is still getting leaked to the media

LeBrun told the offer is over 300 pages.....they expect hockey players to read that?

Fucking hate this shit.

On the one hand, if we get a season we have to go cheer the mother fuckers who basically shat on the fans and decided that money was more important than playing a game that entertains us. That makes me sick.

On the other hand, if we don't get a season I have to feign interest in either NBA or MLB. That makes me sick.

Either way, Hope or Nope, we're fucked.

I'm not even going to bother trying to buy Leafs tickets if there is a season, not that it matters anyway, they'll be sold out in the first minute like always

Acid08

Banned
Just woke up and I already tied my arm off to shoot up some hopeium.

Hey crazed, what's the weather like out there? I'm flying out tomorrow and have to get my clothes and stuff packed.

Just woke up and I already tied my arm off to shoot up some hopeium.

Hey crazed, what's the weather like out there? I'm flying out tomorrow and have to get my clothes and stuff packed.

Snow with a chance of a record high murder rate.

10-30 degrees over the next few days, snowing as well with already 4-8 inches on the ground from wednesday-thursday.

How are the Penguins 10 million under the cap :|

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

League will consider "tweaks" or "trades" in what has been proposed, but another overhaul won't be received well.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@CraigCustance: Interesting part of NHL offer (obtained by @Real_ESPNLeBrun) is draft lottery in which all non-playoff teams have crack at No. 1 pick."

:OOOO

I LIKE DIS!!

Tabris

I don't know how I feel about amnesty.

I kind of appreciate the GM game in the game. I like free agency day and trade deadline day more than the all star game or winter classic.

Lessen how bad a contract can get by getting rid of front-loading and 5-7 year limit, sure, but I think amnesty may be too far.

Tabris

"@CraigCustance: Interesting part of NHL offer (obtained by @Real_ESPNLeBrun) is draft lottery in which all non-playoff teams have crack at No. 1 pick."

I LIKE DIS!!

This is fantastic! Should lessen tanking, and not punish the teams that did everything they could to try and get into the playoffs and just weren't good enough yet.

Cake Boss

Banned
Also interesting: NHL pursuing "interview period" for UFAs. Idea is to shop, then decide. Want to move back UFA period by a week or so."

I for one welcome our new CBA overlords.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I LIKE DIS!!

Honestly how it should be. The NBA did it right I feel with allowing all the lottery teams to have a shot at #1.

I always hated how you could only move up 3 spots max if you weren't the worst or second worst team.

Merguson

Banned
I'm assuming the draft order would still remain the same.. with the exception of slotting the team who wins the lottery at number 1?

So kind of like the NBA, but still different?

Like if Columbus was 1st, didn't win the lottery, but would be 2nd in the draft order?

EDIT: Assuming of course both parties agree to a new CBA..

EDIT2: Wait.. the NBA.. can the draft order be different.. like if a team finished 5th.. but could end up getting 10th overall in the draft? Or did I just describe the NBA's system like above?

Cake Boss

Banned
Was bored on Twitter and found this

"@ESPN_Mcguire: Tyler Bozak, Carl Gunnarsson and Nazem Kadri for Jason Spezza."

McGuire's last tweet on his official account lol.

Top Bottom