• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuck that.

In theory this allows poor teams to prospect hog

It will allow the 50% threshold to be met too

The one thing I don't get how it will work

If compliance buyouts take off player share, but not cap

What happens when cap exceeds player share?

If every team were to buy out a $7 mil contract, that could be 10% over player share- do they escrow it all back if teams re-sign up to the cap?

That part is so confusing

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How would that work?

"We'll give you Player X, who would already take 1.5 million off our books, for 3 million in cap space"?

Getting closer to the soccer model of being able to buy players.

Imagine being Phoenix: "well, we have no players who wanna play here anyway... so we'll play under the cap anyway... we'll trade 5 mio in cap space to Vancouver for their 1st round pick, and 10 mio to Detroit for Nyquist"

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, theres still a chance we will give other teams another Scott niedermeyer, Roberto luongo or Tyler seguin

Fucking leafs 1st rounders :-(

That's why I hate trading for luongo

Fucking trading Kenny Jonsson and luongo for a retirement run of Clark and mathieu schneider

Wtf leafs
Seguin is a fresh wound, but as for the other stuff....well, Toronto wasn't building through the draft those years, and we have some lousy scouts.

Edit: why the fuck Burke didn't make it conditional first is beyond me.... :(

Curufinwe

I don't know about completely different, and the point is that Pronger's career was ended by an unlucky stick to the eye, not from anything age-related.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bigger nets is the worst.

Ha--I originally had "Even worse than bigger nets" in my post but deleted it. Should have gone ahead.

As for the cap space idea, I can't wait for the loophole to be found and overused for years until the next CBA!

DopeyFish

I don't know about completely different, and the point is that Pronger's career was ended by an unlucky stick to the eye, not from anything age-related.

Such a fluke incident

His eye though is fine, no? It's just the follow through gave him a bad concussion

DopeyFish

Bettman will see the NHLPA counteroffer, get all pissed and storm out. He'll make a better offer 3 weeks later.

This is beyond silly now.

All NHLPA offers have been jokes so far

When you look at it from a distance, it looked fine... Until you looked closer and it's like "WTF are they trying to pull"

Quick

Banned
The NHL and the PA should be at each side of the same room, with podiums. Anytime one side says anything, the other interjects. Media stays in the middle.

Bettman will see the NHLPA counteroffer, get all pissed and storm out. He'll make a better offer 3 weeks later.

This is beyond silly now.

In less than 3 weeks this will all be over one way or another.

Still, "better" is relative considering that starting in late December or late January makes little difference to the league as long as it gets 48 games in. It's the players who hurt in that scenario with two missed pay periods. But at least they get some portion of the scraps that were so important to them.

Cake Boss

Banned
Talk within NHL of flipping Winnipeg and Columbus for this year only pending future realignment...

Non-playoff team for non-playoff team if CBJ and Jets switch conferences for this season.

Hahah Howsen get ready to watch Nash fuck up your team 4 times a season.

I wonder if including all non-playoff teams in the draft lottery will encourage tanking. Would an underachieving team want to scrape into the playoffs on the last day of the season only to meet the President's Trophy winner in the first round, or just lose and have a chance (albeit a slim one) at a top-5 pick?

I wonder if including all non-playoff teams in the draft lottery will encourage tanking. Would an underachieving team want to scrape into the playoffs on the last day of the season only to meet the President's Trophy winner in the first round, or just lose and have a chance (albeit a slim one) at a top-5 pick?

Depends on the market, fan loyalty would be huge

Socreges

Banned
Search your feelings, Socreges. You're there standing right next to me!
original

Fei

Rochester is playing in Buffalo tonight. Sold out. I should have gone. :\

And is a Florida fan allowed to make fun of other franchises for a lack of fan support?

Edit: If there's any doubt Sabres fans will come crawling back the minute the lockout ends, here's the scene tonight:

A_PjcMCCMAEO4WC.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"@CraigCustance: Interesting part of NHL offer (obtained by @Real_ESPNLeBrun) is draft lottery in which all non-playoff teams have crack at No. 1 pick."

:OOOO

I LIKE DIS!!
I like this a lot fuck teams like Edmonton.

Why do Flyer fans think they'll use the Amnesty on Bryz? Then what? Going to use Leighton? :lol that or hope Bryz re-signs for less which why the fuck would he do that.

I like this a lot fuck teams like Edmonton.

Why do Flyer fans think they'll use the Amnesty on Bryz? Then what? Going to use Leighton? :lol that or hope Bryz re-signs for less which why the fuck would he do that.

No way would they amnesty Bryz. They have no other option.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Sense from some conversations: #NHL folks really believe new offer basis for a deal. #NHLPA players not sold on many parts of proposal.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
General consensus from players on PA call: League's movement wasn't all that much. It's enough to restart talks, however.

LOL Nope Strikes again.

Red_Man

PK Subban just said Rielly has been Canada's best D in the WJ, don't cross the streams Subban! (Glad we're on the same page)

Quick

Banned
PK Subban just said Rielly has been Canada's best D in the WJ, don't cross the streams Subban! (Glad we're on the same page)

Next thing you know, Habs and Leafs fans are hanging out together, then gay marriage, then adoption by same-sex couples.

PK is cool.

Row

Banned
Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Sense from some conversations: #NHL folks really believe new offer basis for a deal. #NHLPA players not sold on many parts of proposal.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
General consensus from players on PA call: League's movement wasn't all that much. It's enough to restart talks, however.

LOL Nope Strikes again.

Of course, all the PA really cares about is getting their ~55%+

Red_Man

Bob MacKenzie said:
Under the circumstances, some truly amazing ratings for CAN-GER game on TSN on Boxing Day (Dec. 26)

The most incredible, IMO,was an average of 372,000 viewers for the live 4:30 am ET start, peaking at 575,000. Middle of the night across CAB

We've had some NHL games on TSN that average in the same vicinity as what we had for the CAN-GER game.
Not surprising at all, every hockey fan I know has been up for all of Canada's games thus far.

God the Bulldogs blow, blew a 2-0 lead last weekend, and just blew a 3-0 lead tonight. Tinordi looks quite good though.

Top Bottom