• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Cake Boss

Banned
"@RenLavoieRDS: Goal is to have training camps to start on January 11 and the season on the 18."

Deal needs to be done by the 5th with a week of legal paper to be done.

"@RenLavoieRDS: Goal is to have training camps to start on January 11 and the season on the 18."

Deal needs to be done by the 5th with a week of legal paper to be done.

I CAN FEEL IT COMING

JphxF.gif

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Establishment of annual Orientation and Development Program for Rookies/First Year Players.

How did they not have this before? I mean, guys, you can't give 18 year old kids a ton of money without at least trying to educate them.

Guys, supposedly the person to break the news of the latest NHL offer was....Eklund

I feel a disturbance in the force, cats and dogs are sleeping with each other, the game has changed!!!!!

Luongo's contract is pretty reasonable. I think the Canucks are just waiting to make the right deal.

Ballard should get amnesty. Good defenceman but he needs a fresh start and his contract makes him hard to trade.

Luongo's contract is pretty reasonable. I think the Canucks are just waiting to make the right deal.

Ballard should get amnesty. Good defenceman but he needs a fresh start and his contract makes him hard to trade.

Waiting to make the right deal? You mean, waiting for the lockout to end so they can trade him to the Leafs for scraps

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly how it should be. The NBA did it right I feel with allowing all the lottery teams to have a shot at #1.

I always hated how you could only move up 3 spots max if you weren't the worst or second worst team.
About fucking time. They should also change it so that team can't have two consecutive 1sts. Or if you got a first, the next highest you can get is 5th for the next year or something.

Cake Boss

Banned

Ottawa would be very interested seeing how Cowen is out for the season, just pair him up with Karlsson like they did with Kuba that made him look like an NHL dman again.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gardiner, Reilly, Komisarek, Bozak, Connolly, Gustavsson, Jeff Finger, derp derp derpderp derp dopey derp

What a dumb deal. We don't have Gustavsson or Jeff Finger any more so I will substitute Jussi Rynnas and Stuart Percy.

Also I'm sure Burke would throw in at least a second round pick to make it fair.

Sanjuro

"@CraigCustance: Interesting part of NHL offer (obtained by @Real_ESPNLeBrun) is draft lottery in which all non-playoff teams have crack at No. 1 pick."

:OOOO

I LIKE DIS!!

Fuck this noise. First round handouts from the Maple Leafs just won't be the same anymore.

Acid08

Banned
"@CraigCustance: Interesting part of NHL offer (obtained by @Real_ESPNLeBrun) is draft lottery in which all non-playoff teams have crack at No. 1 pick."

I LIKE DIS!!

That's interesting. I assume the worst the team did the more times they'll be "entered" in the lottery or whatever.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I finally have a feeling this deal gets done.

This weekend.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
He's done, but he can stay on LTIR until his contract is up, at least he could under the old system.

If the Lockout means the Flyers get to dump Bryzgalov's contract then it will have been worth it to me.

Yeah, kinda don't know how the whole new CBA will work with LTIR, wonder if they'll have some sort of grandfather clause.

I LIKE DIS!!

What, so the Penguins can tank again?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuck this noise. First round handouts from the Maple Leafs just won't be the same anymore.

Don't worry, theres still a chance we will give other teams another Scott niedermeyer, Roberto luongo or Tyler seguin

Fucking leafs 1st rounders :-(

That's why I hate trading for luongo

Toronto trades Kenny Jonsson, Sean Haggerty, Darby Hendrickson and a 1st Round Pick in 1997 (Roberto Luongo) to the New York Islanders for Wendel Clark, Mathieu Schneider and D.J. Smith

Fucking trading Kenny Jonsson and luongo for a retirement run of Clark and mathieu schneider

Wtf leafs

Cake Boss

Banned
Carolina got a sick player in Hoffman for Davos.

Awesome game, no trap means its basically end to end, this is how the game should be played.

Alucard

Banned
6dv5C.jpg

Red, are you okay? :D

My car looks almost exactly like this right now. It has a hat! But we survived.

What games have you guys been playing? I started The Last Story two nights ago and it's gorgeous. The camera and size of the main hub will take some getting used to, but you can tell they poured love into the characters, environments, and dialogue. Battles seem like they could be fun as well.

While it'd be nice to be free of the Bryz contract, who's the alternative goaltender? Leighton can't carry the team. Hope for a MarchBryz return.

Use it on Pronger. He deserves to be able to retire.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
While it'd be nice to be free of the Bryz contract, who's the alternative goaltender? Leighton can't carry the team.

Use it on Pronger. He deserves to be able to retire.

Right now prongers contract is being paid off by insurance, not the team

So buying out pronger would be bad for both pronger and team

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My car looks almost exactly like this right now. It has a hat! But we survived.

What games have you guys been playing? I started The Last Story two nights ago and it's gorgeous. The camera and size of the main hub will take some getting used to, but you can tell they poured love into the characters, environments, and dialogue. Battles seem like they could be fun as well.

Far Cry 3, Endless Space and Civ V Gods&Kings.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trading cap space is the worst idea ever.

Fei

So much hope on this page. I guess Fehr was right in saying the NHL would give a better offer.

And yeah, trading cap space blows.

Alucard

Banned
How would that work?

"We'll give you Player X, who would already take 1.5 million off our books, for 3 million in cap space"?

Getting closer to the soccer model of being able to buy players.

Top Bottom