• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Stasis

Speaking of which, I'm finding it hard to not give the NHL any money with these. I need running shoes and the Ducks version look really good.

They're cool and I need running shoes too.

Where the fuck is the Rangers version? Or the Oilers, Senators, and Coyotes for that matter? Weird there'd be 26/30 teams. They couldn't make a deal with them all, or just not finished developing?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jesus Christ that moderator was crappy. Can't you put someone with balls up there who will prevent little boy Mitt from needing the last word on EVERY TOPIC?

Sadly enough, Obama wasn't that good. Should've pointed out the vagueness/lies of Romney way more blatantly. He got better towards the end, but damn that wasn't that good.

Marvie_3

Banned
Jesus Christ that moderator was crappy. Can't you put someone with balls up there who will prevent little boy Mitt from needing the last word on EVERY TOPIC?

Sadly enough, Obama wasn't that good. Should've pointed out the vagueness/lies of Romney way more blatantly. He got better towards the end, but damn that wasn't that good.
Lehrer was an awful mod. That was out of control from the beginning.

It's a lot faster to lie than it is to refute a lie. There's only so much Obama could have done. He was pretty weak through most of it though. Romney only looked good if you didn't know that most of the things coming out of his mouth were pure bullshit.

Smiley90

Lehrer was an awful mod. That was out of control from the beginning.

It's a lot faster to lie than it is to refute a lie. There's only so much Obama could have done. He was pretty weak through most of it though. Romney only looked good if you didn't know that most of the things coming out of his mouth were pure bullshit.

This it totally it. Thing is, that's apparently what the debates in the US are like. As long as they're organized by the parties there will never be factcheckers, and so Romney gets away with all the lying. Yeah he won't cut all the GOOD stuff, you know, but cut everything else and increase military spending and cut taxes and then BOOM MAGIC and the deficit is gone! Why can't ANYONE call him out on bullshit like this. Gah. Frustrating. Obama is too good of a person, he has to be more blatantly obvious, esp since so many Americans only watch FOX "news" and just plain don't KNOW that what Romney is saying is bullshit.

Marvie_3

Banned
poor sesame street is getting its funding cut, snuffleupagus is gonna go back to dealing meth :(

I don't know what Romney was trying to do with the PBS thing. All that's going to due is piss people off. PBS is a fraction of a drop in the bucket as far as the federal budget goes.

Revenant

I don't know what Romney was trying to do with the PBS thing. All that's going to due is piss people off. PBS is a fraction of a drop in the bucket as far as the federal budget goes.

Lehrer was the highlight

Bitch moderator I'm uh ah gonna have to-"

Romney: "Let me finish"

Bitch moderator: oh uh, yea uh oka-

Romney "blah blah blah"

someone in the thread suggested Terry Crews moderate, I fully support that.

Smiley90

He has to cut SOMETHING. and he's not gonna cut ANYTHING GOOD AND IMPORTANT( lie), so he throws out random shit to say SOMETHING. Cut Obamacare but then re-instate EVERYTHING from it, right. Cut Education but NOT cut education and grants? say what?

Smiley90

As if it wasn't already obvious, Booth keeps going full-metal conservative, he retweeted:

Alyssa Campanella ‏@AlyssCampanella
Did Obama just tell Romney he won the debate? I can read lips..
Retweeted by David Booth

2h Dennis Miller Show ‏@DennisDMZ
Romney keeps this up Obama's gonna vote for him.
Retweeted by David Booth

-siiiiigh-

As if it wasn't already obvious, Booth keeps going full-metal conservative, he retweeted:

Alyssa Campanella ‏@AlyssCampanella
Did Obama just tell Romney he won the debate? I can read lips..
Retweeted by David Booth

Retweeted by David Booth

-siiiiigh-
Grimaldi will fit right in...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Retweeted by David Booth

-siiiiigh-
This one is actually funny, Obama was shit in that debate.

Smiley90

This one is actually funny, Obama was shit in that debate.

Romney won by presentation, Obama won by facts. Sadly, only one of those things seem to matter in American politics.

On the bright side, Obama's still gonna win the election. And he'll hopefully be better in the second debate, esp given Romney is coming out of primaries and Obama isn't. I'm not worried.

This is all that matters: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Obama didn't even call him out about his 47% statement, barely talked about flip flopping etc. If Clinton was debating Romney, there would be nothing left of Romney except for dust.

Revenant

Obama didn't even call him out about his 47% statement, barely talked about flip flopping etc. If Clinton was debating Romney, there would be nothing left of Romney except for dust.

With how passive it was I was half hoping Clinton to run on stage and hit Romney in the back with a chair as lehrer mumbles out a string of uhs and ahs before slouching further in his chair and allowing Clinton to proceed.

The benches clear. Romney sons join in. Biden comes out of the curtain in camo arnie in predator style, Knife in mouth. Lehrer begins to softly cry.

Smiley90

I was actually kinda glad he didn't bring up the 47%. that's been a DEBACLE for Romney and pretty much everyone has seen it, it can't get much worse. Bringing it up only would've given Romney a chance to try and salvage it.

What he SHOULD"VE brought up though is the emergency room shit Romney said. For uninsured. And pre-existing conditions. And just generally call him out on lies. -sigh-. There are more debates.

Heretic

Hey, hey.. Heretic... hey...

voNeY.png

Lovin' it!!! Didn't he just get hurt though?

Obama: Your tax plan doesn't add up unless you cut the mortgage deduction. You will cost a majority of taxpayers money.

Romney: Nuh uh.

Electorate: Winner, Romney.

I was actually kinda glad he didn't bring up the 47%. that's been a DEBACLE for Romney and pretty much everyone has seen it, it can't get much worse. Bringing it up only would've given Romney a chance to try and salvage it.

What he SHOULD"VE brought up though is the emergency room shit Romney said. For uninsured. And pre-existing conditions. And just generally call him out on lies. -sigh-. There are more debates.
I think Obama got hit with the bullshit equivalent of the human wave tactic. Obama was ready to put out the Mittens spots with drone strikes but when it turned out Mitt was using an entire army of bullshit he was overwhelmed.

Socreges

Banned
I think Obama got hit with the bullshit equivalent of the human wave tactic. Obama was ready to put out the Mittens spots with drone strikes but when it turned out Mitt was using an entire army of bullshit he was overwhelmed.
Yet Romney "won". People say this as if it makes him a better candidate. Fucking mind-numbing.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ended up watching a stream of the AHL pre season game between Hershey and Bingo, one thing that the NHL needs to adopt quickly is the no touch icing. It was nice to see nobody getting killed over a puck.

For the sens fans, Silver and Zibby looked gud, it didn't take them long to get use to NA ice, both with snipes and an apple. Pageau looked great as well.

Revenant

YOU'RE A LOOSE CANNON BOBROVSKY!

“The other night when (goalie) Sergei Bobrovsky made his debut for SKA St. Petersburg and collected two assists in a 5-2 win over Ak Bars Kazan, I caught one of our ‘star’ Russian players talking to himself in the corner after our plane landed,” recalled Glass.

“He was shaking his head, and I didn’t need a translator to interpret him constantly repeating ‘Bobrovsky, (Russian curse), Bobrovsky, (Russian curse) Bobrovsky!’ He is far from star-struck, but this usual point-a-game player now has a bagel next to his name in every category and is chasing a goalie in the scoring race.”

edit: Wow PoliGAF in the NHL thread ? :( (US gonna need all the help it can get if a nut like Romney gets elected)

For the sens fans, Silver and Zibby looked gud, it didn't take them long to get use to NA ice, both with snipes and an apple. Pageau looked great as well.

I watched a bit of the stream but it wasn't very good quality and no audio.

Good to see they're doing well on NA ice, at least with this lockout they can get some AHL time in and ease into the NHL.

Where the fuck is the Rangers version? Or the Oilers, Senators, and Coyotes for that matter? Weird there'd be 26/30 teams. They couldn't make a deal with them all, or just not finished developing?

Yeah I looked all over and couldn't find this :( Those shoes look pretty slick.

Cake Boss

Banned
Eklunds bullshit enter CBA talks.
I continue to hear rumblings the NHL is trying to dig into what the PA is working on..according to a source, "NHL intrigued by rumors of deal that could step players down to 50% in increments."

lol

Top Bottom