• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As for the GAF EASHL teams... any openings on the lesser ones? I think I've reached a point where I could probably not bring the entire team down.
If our games against Sox's team last night are anything to go by, they have lots of room.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If our games against Sox's team last night are anything to go by, they have lots of room.

The second one is even better, but definitely lacks the patented Sunhi production values.

As for the GAF EASHL teams... any openings on the lesser ones? I think I've reached a point where I could probably not bring the entire team down.

:lol yeah we actually have space. We're not as constantly on as the other team, so we're pretty much never running a full team. Come over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488811 and drop by ;) Don't have a required mandatory time commitment and skill level like Red/Marvie's team either. Not to say that we're bad, we won the playoffs in the Pro division this season, next season our goal is the Elite, which we're pretty on track on. We lost both games against Red's team in OT. And we didn't even have a full team...

Alucard

Banned
Man, I actually don't give a shit about this lockout.

The sad part is that I'll be back to watching hockey like nothing happened once they get back on the ice. I hate these greedy assholes during times like these, but once they get it settled, there's no better game to watch.

Marvie_3

Banned

ibchIAyxnp7vTi.gif

Smiley90

I feel if I take more than two days off NHL I suck 10x worse when I come back

Marvie look at yo PM's

haha don't even try applying to their team. They didn't even take people back who usesd to play on their team because they were "too bad", and those very same people then went on to win the playoffs with us. right. Do what Soc does and join the fun team. ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
haha don't even try applying to their team. They didn't even take people back who usesd to play on their team because they were "too bad", and those very same people then went on to win the playoffs with us. right. Do what Soc does and join the fun team. ;)
And we beat you guys twice, so I guess we made the right decision.

Smiley90

And we beat you guys twice, so I guess we made the right decision.

I consider a team of 4 playing together for a month taking a team of 5 who's played together for years to OT twice and only losing through two PP goals not too bad. But whatever floats your boat, right?

Smiley90

*cough*bailed out by your goalie*cough*

*cough* why are you posting the same things twice and forcing me to respond in two threads *cough*

Fact: Both games went to OT, one of them to second OT.
Fact: You won both games with a goal on the powerplay.
Fact: Nearly every statistic in both games was in your favour.

You attribute us taking you to OT to sheer luck, I say that we worked for it. and it's quite the achievement for a 1month-together team of 4 to take a 2+year-together team of 5 to OT twice, right?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I feel like I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of this

z9fjT.jpg

Also Bliinding said he can stream games if people so wish

Smiley90

I feel like I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of this

z9fjT.jpg

Also Bliinding said he can stream games if people so wish

It's quite hard to get zone time and faceoff wins when you... you know... don't have a Center. :lol But yeah, the shots were brutal. Like I said, you guys WERE outplaying us. I'm just saying it wasn't luck that we were able to take you to OT twice and only lost on the PP.

Also, that'd be awesome if Blinding could, those games were highly entertaining. Esp me taking 4 penalties in OT in the 2nd game. -facepalm- That boarding penalty WAS glorious though.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's quite hard to get zone time and faceoff wins when you... you know... don't have a Center. :lol But yeah, the shots were brutal. Like I said, you guys WERE outplaying us. I'm just saying it wasn't luck that we were able to take you to OT twice and only lost on the PP.
iY1wSVR5CJQ7b.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
I offered my services to be your guys center but noooooooooo

And yeah it is luck if you went to OT when you are getting out shot by 50 shots and spending 17minutes in your own zone.

Smiley90

http://i.minus.com/iY1wSVR5CJQ7b.gif[[/QUOTE]

Why are you even speaking for their team? Aren't you retired? or am I a week ahead of time for your 3rd retirement in a month?
[quote="Cake Boss, post: 42793026"]I offered my services to be your guy's center but noooooooooo[/QUOTE]

That was only because we didn't wanna run with something new for such a "high importance" game like this. :D Just play Center a few games with wsox/stammer or so and then it'll all be good? :D

Marvie tends to retire every month, proclaiming he hates everyone and will never play again and then comes back, does nothing besides score a tap-in and pretends he's the catalyst to the team. Sprinkle in a little internet tough guy afterwards and you have the recipe down pat. At any rate, I'm sure he'll come in here trying to save face with a response, but whatever. I'm not bothering. They'll ignore everything you say, Smiley. Save the breath.

Just drop the shit til we play them again. This is the wrong topic for it. Let them look like idiots babbling about beating a new, short-handed team in unrelated topics. That's their prerogative.

Cake, you can either play for us, or no. We're not gonna have people club hopping just for GAF vs GAF. Lol.

On topic, IceHogs season tickets are looking very attractive at the moment.

Smiley90

iTj7i0Dggxwx4.gif

For everyone else in the thread :

This is all we get until next year!

Holy shit where did you find that, that's glorious. Why have I not seen this in here before. And yeah, it really IS all we'll get all your, so you guys better start picking teams to cheer for. there's only 3 options, but that's all we got.

I don't get how you guys that live near minor league teams don't support and go to them anyway. Sure there's a barrel load of viable excuses, but cheap tickets to great hockey? Fucking season ticket me up anyday.

I would've had Vancouver Giants season tickets if I could've afforded them. Only time I didn't go to games is if I was working or couldn't afford to go.

Smiley90

I don't get how you guys that live near minor league teams don't support and go to them anyway. Sure there's a barrel load of viable excuses, but cheap tickets to great hockey? Fucking season ticket me up anyday.

I would've had Vancouver Giants season tickets if I could've afforded them. Only time I didn't go to games is if I was working or couldn't afford to go.

The Heat is too far and I don't have a car, and I'm totally gonna go watch some Giants game this season, when I have time.

Socreges

Banned
Marvie tends to retire every month, proclaiming he hates everyone and will never play again and then comes back, does nothing besides score a tap-in and pretends he's the catalyst to the team. Sprinkle in a little internet tough guy afterwards and you have the recipe down pat. At any rate, I'm sure he'll come in here trying to save face with a response, but whatever. I'm not bothering.
Popcorn-14-Jimmy-Fallon.gif

I don't have money or time to drive to where the Wolves play. If I had a jetpack though I'd there every fuckin' game

Holy shit where did you find that, that's glorious. Why have I not seen this in here before. And yeah, it really IS all we'll get all your, so you guys better start picking teams to cheer for. there's only 3 options, but that's all we got.

It's from eg_floe's Boshy streams, if I remember right. Dude's fucking hilarious.

Wut?

Then why the fuck didn't you say this in beginning?

People constantly joining and leaving screws up every bit of consistency you have on the team. Never ends well. Assumed it went without saying.

The Heat is too far and I don't have a car, and I'm totally gonna go watch some Giants game this season, when I have time.

Yeah, Abbotsford is fucking ages away. I imagine being a Flames fan and living near Abbotsford would be the bees knees though.

That said, I did say live near though. If you were Glendale --> Jobing.com Arena distances from your minor league team then it's very understandable.

Socreges

Banned

I've already been to a Royals game (Victoria, WHL) and will be going to more. Shinkaruk (Medicine Hat) is here tomorrow night. I'm busy, but am seriously considering paying the $12 to go see him play for the one period that I can make.

I've already been to a Royals game (Victoria, WHL) and will be going to more. Shinkaruk (Medicine Hat) is here tomorrow night. I'm busy, but am seriously considering paying the $12 to go see him play for the one period that I can make.

Worth it.

Skipping a shift to go see Emerson Etem play for the Tigers was worth missing out on $70 worth of tips for.

Getting a nod from him for wearing a Ducks jersey and then getting to shake his hand, even more so.

Yeah, Abbotsford is fucking ages away. I imagine being a Flames fan and living near Abbotsford would be the bees knees though.

That said, I did say live near though. If you were Glendale --> Jobing.com Arena distances from your minor league team then it's very understandable.

I think Jobing.com Arena is up there with worst names of a sport arena. Jesus christ

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie tends to retire every month, proclaiming he hates everyone and will never play again and then comes back, does nothing besides score a tap-in and pretends he's the catalyst to the team. Sprinkle in a little internet tough guy afterwards and you have the recipe down pat. At any rate, I'm sure he'll come in here trying to save face with a response, but whatever. I'm not bothering. They'll ignore everything you say, Smiley. Save the breath.
So you talk shit and then bail out. Ahhahahaaaha.

Season tickets are fucking ridiculous considering how many free tickets I can get from work for Barons games. No one in OKC gives a fuck about this team, especially with the Thunder playing across the street. Never pay more than $10 at the gate for seats anyway.

Revenant

Dishonored and XCOM are the only two things to get excited about this month it seems.

Resident Evil 6 is also definitely a "game" that you could in fact buy. so it certainly has that going for it.

ShaneB

Dishonored and XCOM are the only two things to get excited about this month it seems.

Resident Evil 6 is also definitely a "game" that you could in fact buy. so it certainly has that going for it.

Yeah, I definitely want to get X-com, but bummed I didn't preorder it from GMG when available coupons were ready. Not going to pay full price when I've got so many other games to play. Just got back into BF3 as well, so that's good times.

Also, I think I'll watch some of the baseball playoffs, and Dexter is now ongoing, and with Walking Dead soon as well that's my sunday night.

Stupid NHL/PA.

Merguson

Banned

What things excite me for this month.. let's see...

AHL Hockey.
Nothing else.

Smiley90

Backlog. Loooooots and lots of backlog. Not that I'll have much time for it with school and work -sigh-

Top Bottom