• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Heretic

Emerson Etem, Devante Smith-Pelly and Peter Holland. Studs.

Oh HERETIC.. well excuse me, *heel turns and storms out*.
<3
It sounds like you guys have a good amount of offensive talent in the pipeline.

Ducks are in the top 5 when mentioning prospects. Dastardly has hyped Etem for me. Got to see him play a couple of weeks ago in at the Fedorin Cup charity event.

Sazabirules, you're getting pretty damn close to NHL quality players over there in Norfolk (some are already NHLers). I'm waiting on word of cancellation of the season to get AHL Live and watch them play.

I get what you guys are saying, but I think this line of thinking is a bit tautological. I don't see how a larger sample is sacred in determining the 16 when the teams that make the playoffs in April are often not the best teams at that point either, not to mention that after 41 games you've normally got 90% of the teams seeded that make the playoffs in April AND if you go to 100 games you're inevitably going to return to about 90% 'accuracy'. And then you put them in a competition that renders the previous six months irrelevant and gives you a tiny sample (1-2 weeks) to do your best against a single team.

I think we're just disagreeing about what point in the season you've reached that 90% accuracy. I see teams like Minnesota last year hang on longer than I'm comfortable with, particularly with the loser point system that lets them hold on even longer.

geeko

Damn you NHL!! Now that the regular season of baseball has ended and the stupid lockout is in effect, I don't have sport to listen to on my nights off. Football is only on once a week, and that's not enough. What sport am I supposed to watch now. BAH!

Damn you NHL!! Now that the regular season of baseball has ended and the stupid lockout is in effect, I don't have sport to listen to on my nights off. Football is only on once a week, and that's not enough. What sport am I supposed to watch now. BAH!

Well if you're watching baseball you could just fill the time with watching grass grow. Should be comparable.

geeko

eff you geeko WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN

I guess I'm not much of an off season poster here on the NHL boards. I've been drinking tonight and posting much more than I normally do. That and tonight I'm a bit more annoyed by the lockout than usual. Sharks... ;_;

EDIT: In hopes that hockey comes back, SOMETIME SOON, I changed my avatar to "SHARKS TIME!"

"SHARKS TIME!"

sgm8T.gif

ShaneB

Fehr is an idiot for thinking the season should go on anyway while they "talk".... they aren't talking while there is NO hockey, what makes him think they'd talk while there IS hockey!?!? Why didn't they do that last year?!?!?!?

FUCK!!!!!!

geeko

I alternate between these two. Sad thing is the site that sells these clocks has no picture up of the Sf Giants one. :(

ihsthumb-i198499bqe3xy.jpg
ihsthumb-i198500bnjv5y.jpg

Fehr is an idiot for thinking the season should go on anyway while they "talk".... they aren't talking while there is NO hockey, what makes him think they'd talk while there IS hockey!?!? Why didn't they do that last year?!?!?!?

FUCK!!!!!!

So the players can strike after the trade deadline and fuck up the playoffs like the baseball players did in 1994

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's October 5th! Happy Birthday to Mario Lemieux, Patrick Roy,
and me :x

When I was younger I thought it was the coolest thing ever to share a birthday with those two. Hell, I still do.

FUCK!!!!!!

They did talk last year because Fehr said he needed more time to get up to speed on the issues. Plus I think both sides felt more would get done if they had actual deadlines approaching.

They did talk last year because Fehr said he needed more time to get up to speed on the issues. Plus I think both sides felt more would get done if they had actual deadlines approaching.

Plus owners don't like having discussions during the season because they don't want players griping to management during the season.

EDIT: Happy B-Day vatstep! May you find hockey joy SOMEWHERE in your life today.

Solo

When I was younger I thought it was the coolest thing ever to share a birthday with those two. Hell, I still do.

My birthday is 1 day before Michael Jordan's. I was always upset that I wasn't a day later.

Happy B-day!

FOOTE

You also share it with James f'n Bond.

I share my birthday with Cam Neely.

Happy B-day. Now do your P90X!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Happy bday vatstep.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any athletes I share mine with. But I do share my birthday with the Earth apparently.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Thanks dudes.

FOOTE, I did Kenpo X first thing this morning, but I might go for a run soon as well as I'm pretty sure I'm going to attempt to kill myself with pizza tonight.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I share my birthday with Carl Lewis... That's about it for athletes. Most importantly though, I share my birthday with Canada, which is kinda funny since I didn't know about it until I moved here. Coincidence all over the place. Also, my birthday is always a national holiday, which is kinda cool.

Happy bday vatstep!

Socreges

Banned
Oh man I'll never get used to hearing players discussing the lockout and showing how stupid/brainwashed some of them are. That's been one of the worst side-effects.

vat, happy bday.

ShaneB

Oh man I'll never get used to hearing players discussing the lockout and showing how stupid/brainwashed some of them are. That's been one of the worst side-effects.

vat, happy bday.

Here's a nice article that discusses that very point (which perhaps you've read to prompt your post)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-lockout/2012/10/05/spector_nhl_players_tunnel_vision/

Perfectly discusses how moronic some of players are being, and how hush hush the owners are being.

I share my birthday with Carl Lewis... That's about it for athletes. Most importantly though, I share my birthday with Canada, which is kinda funny since I didn't know about it until I moved here. Coincidence all over the place. Also, my birthday is always a national holiday, which is kinda cool.

Happy bday vatstep!

Hello, fellow July 1st'er!!!

Alucard

Banned

Happy birthday! Enjoy sharing it with the most talented guy to ever play the game!

Pierre LeBrun reports that the NHL urged the NHLPA to come up with a new offer, and the NHLPA advised the NHL to do the same and this may mean that the 2 sides believe it is time to start compromising

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pierre LeBrun reports that the NHL urged the NHLPA to come up with a new offer, and the NHLPA advised the NHL to do the same and this may mean that the 2 sides believe it is time to start compromising

I'll believe it when I see it.

Alucard

Banned
English Premier League is going strong, boys!

Hope the NHL and the players come up with something soon. Compromise, you bastards.

MacAttack

I share my birthday with Ken Hodge Jr. :/ We used to joke that he was dangerous within 5 feet of the net because he would always score on garbage rebounds.

Happy bday vat!

FOOTE

I'll believe it when I see it.
Yup. Honestly though, I'm set with the Cardinals, Rams, and Chelsea FC. I've already accepted a long lockout.

I also have Skyfall to watch a few times in the theatre.
Thanks dudes.

FOOTE, I did Kenpo X first thing this morning, but I might go for a run soon as well as I'm pretty sure I'm going to attempt to kill myself with pizza tonight.
Good stuff. Enjoy yourself!

Top Bottom