• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:lol, at a layover in portland right now, and Alaska Airlines apparently sponsors the Portland Timbers (MLS team) and gives early boarding to people wearing portland timbers fan items. Lol.

Just ran out to get a shawarma and the guy behind the counter looked like a dead ringer of Kevin Bieksa.

Maybe that's what he is doing during the lockout.

Mmmmmmmmm.... Shawarma....

esq-avengers-shawarma-050912-xlg.jpg

Quick

Banned
You can do it, Spectre!

You have the advantage of being younger (I'm assuming), and being able to work slightly cheaper than those 10+ year vets.

Not sure if that second bit is comforting, but I figured I'd put it out there.

You can do it, Spectre!

You have the advantage of being younger (I'm assuming), and being able to work slightly cheaper than those 10+ year vets.
That is literally what my friend told me. He said those MBAs are probably going to be disqualified because they're overqualified and the company doesn't want to pay them that much. They're specifically looking for a new grad. It also helps that I have an internal referral and can get inside knowledge on the company and what they're looking for.

And my friend is the hirer's life coach.

Plus, I think most of my competition are going to be business grads, and considering I'm not a business student, I have that distinction of being an absolute tool.

It's still scary though, because I have zero experience in that field, so I'm really going in blind. But I think I'm smart enough to pick up the job very quickly, and I should have enough transferable skills to make the transition easy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Spec when you arrive for the interview, pull out your dick and lay it on the table, wait a couple of seconds then walk out.

Instant call back.

Heretic

"@AnaheimDucks: .@NorfolkAdmirals win their preseason game v. Charlotte 3-0. Goals from Elkins, Palmieri, & Lasch. Bobkov & Andersen combine in the shutout."

Loving it!

Just announce a full season lockout so that I can subscribe to AHL Live already...

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
"@AnaheimDucks: .@NorfolkAdmirals win their preseason game v. Charlotte 3-0. Goals from Elkins, Palmieri, & Lasch. Bobkov & Andersen combine in the shutout."

Loving it!

Just announce a full season lockout so that I can subscribe to AHL Live already...

I need November games to be canceled so I can get refunded for tickets I bought. I might then buy AHL Live for the Hershey Bears or for the Admirals.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
fatfan.gif

Kessel has really let himself go.

Don't read Bob McKenzie's tweets from tonight unless you want to feel like there is no hope for hockey this year or next lol.....

Wtf bob

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Don't read Bob McKenzie's tweets from tonight unless you want to feel like there is no hope for hockey this year or next lol.....

Wtf bob

Bob McKenzie said:
My instincts say we'll lose the whole year...

Mine too, Bob. Mine too.

As for most frequently asked questions: if lockout goes all year, players lost or burn that year of their contract.

I don't exactly get this. Does he mean that we'll have a brand new crop of free agents next summer because the year is lost?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Mine too, Bob. Mine too.

I don't exactly get this. Does he mean that we'll have a brand new crop of free agents next summer because the year is lost?

It means that if somebody was supposed to be a free agent in July 2013, they'll still be a free agent. They just don't get the luxury of getting paid or a contract year this season.

The scariest part of Bob's tweets, is when he said that if we lose the entire season, then there's a good chance the following season will also be affected.

EDIT: Also this:

wG6HH.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The scariest part of Bob's tweets, is when he said that if we lose the entire season, then there's a good chance the following season will also be affected.

Yeah, that would be pretty crazy. Would take hockey years to recover in this country.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah, that would be pretty crazy. Would take hockey years to recover in this country.

The die hard fans would still be there. The casual sports fan would go right on not giving a shit. The NHL doesn't have far to drop so it wouldn't take as long to get back to where it is.

The die hard fans would still be there. The casual sports fan would go right on not giving a shit. The NHL doesn't have far to drop so it wouldn't take as long to get back to where it is.

I'd say a good number of teams will disappear if Bob's worst case scenario come true. A couple more will disappear if he puts in an MLB system.

Do yeah Fehr will destroy the NHL as we know it.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'd say a good number of teams will disappear if Bob's worst case scenario come true.
No teams disappeared after the last lockout. I don't see it happening here either. Phoenix is the only team that will be gone and it has nothing to do with the lockout.

A couple more will disappear if he puts in an MLB system.
An MLB system will NEVER happen.

Do yeah Fehr will destroy the NHL as we know it.
Once the NHLPA starts cracking, Fehr won't have the power to do shit.

Top Bottom