• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Marvie_3

Banned
“It’s another disappointing but expected move from the league," Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews said via text from Phoenix, where he is working with his personal trainer. "This seems to be our commissioner's bread and butter; it's almost like he is excited to take away hockey from the fans and the players just because he can. Personally, I still haven't heard a valid argument from the league for what they are doing, just that they want more and last time it wasn't enough. If they would be as determined to solve these issues as they are quick to point the finger at us (the players), this would be settled by now. But they aren't, and now we know we’ll miss at least two weeks because of it.”

Fuck off, Toews.

An MLB system will NEVER happen.

Once the NHLPA starts cracking, Fehr won't have the power to do shit.

I'm just talking about McKenzie's worst case scenario where we lost 2 seasons and numerous media are saying Fehr will attempt to get the cap removed if we lose a season.

And what makes you think they'll crack anytime soon ? They were stupid enough to hold out a year last time and they're still just as dumb reading their comments now. And I imagine Fehr is a lot better at keeping them together than Goodenow was.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Once the NHLPA starts cracking, Fehr won't have the power to do shit.

If they miss one season this will start to happen. It's why I expect one year at most.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm just talking about McKenzie's worst case scenario where we lost 2 seasons and numerous media are saying Fehr will attempt to get the cap removed if we lose a season.

And what makes you think they'll crack anytime soon ? They were stupid enough to hold out a year last time and they're still just as dumb reading their comments now. And I imagine Fehr is a lot better at keeping them together than Goodenow was.
The lockout is barely 3 weeks old. Once they start missing several paychecks it won't matter who is in charge. Money talks.

Plus, the more they open their mouth, the more backlash they're going to get. Nobody is buying this bullshit PR campaign they're trying to run.

There goes his 12 million dollar contract you wanted to give him.

Damn right. He's only getting 11 in the future.

The lockout is barely 3 weeks old. Once they start missing several paychecks it won't matter who is in charge. Money talks.

Plus, the more they open their mouth, the more backlash they're going to get. Nobody is buying this bullshit PR campaign they're trying to run.

Last time they lost paychecks and millions and still sat out, I am sure Fehr has passed around enough Kool-Aid to ensure they can do it again. They didn't hire the Fehr brothers and Balsille's lawyer Rodier to sign a quick deal. Plus they say the PA is pretty much a dictatorship now and it'd be awfully hard to unseat Fehr.

Most media still write pro player, anti-Bettman articles and that's what the typical fan reads, although yeah the players are looking dumber by the day, I doubt it has much influence.

Great, so we miss out on 'contract year' Perry and Getzlaf.

Bye bye 'Getzlaf actually giving a shit'.

On the bright side, maybe negotiations will mean they won't get crazy contracts like Suter and Parise.

EDIT: Also this:

wG6HH.jpg

J7Z2T.gif

Hockey and politics are the worst fucking things to combine. Not only do we get no fucking season at all, but we also have to hear completely retarded arguments from people only concerned with maintaining and growing their wealth. It's like I'm living two different election years at the same time.

calder

Yeah, even as someone who at least mildly feels they players have a point of view worth considering I find that almost every time one of them talks they say something banal or actually dumb as hell. Just shut up guys, even if I agree you deserve to make millions playing a game - and I do - I sure don't want to hear you whining about it.

Hockey players think they have the following:
- Dress sense
- Something smart to say
- Credibility
- Music taste
- Instant sex appeal

... And it just drives me crazy, because very little have anything like that (except for some of the veterans, like Alfie and Teemu - when they talk, instant listen).

HURRR PLAIN COLOURED BONDS T-SHIRT CREW @ DA M83 CONCERT. Grab a Heineken and an Instagram pic bro! *motorboat Paulina Gretzky* Fucking Lupul, (Patrick) Kane, Shane O'Brien and Biznasty are the ideal templates for your atypical douchebag hockey player.

Then again, sports and jocks, hockey isn't immune etc etc.

What I don't get is why so many players love country music. It doesn't make any sense.

Crawford gave some love to the Bouncing Souls and said he picks the Stones over the Beatles, so I give him props for that.

calder

I'm anxiously awaiting when a player calls out the owners... you know, the people that Bettman works for.

"Man it sucks how Bettman, who totally isn't just a company man doing exactly what his bosses want him to do, is once again preventing us from playing. He's a snake and a monster and he sickens me. That all said, let me again reiterate how much I love my owner and how I know he's a hostage of this Bettman dictator just like us. Please resign my RFA ass asap once the lockout ends thanks."

ShaneB

"Man it sucks how Bettman, who totally isn't just a company man doing exactly what his bosses want him to do, is once again preventing us from playing. He's a snake and a monster and he sickens me. That all said, let me again reiterate how much I love my owner and how I know he's a hostage of this Bettman dictator just like us. Please resign my RFA ass asap once the lockout ends thanks."

Who just tweeted that?!?!

CCF23

The scariest part of Bob's tweets, is when he said that if we lose the entire season, then there's a good chance the following season will also be affected.

EDIT: Also this:

wG6HH.jpg

It speaks to how awesome Teemu Selanne is that I didn't notice he was wearing a stupid fucking Affliction shirt until I saw that picture for the third time.

No teams disappeared after the last lockout. I don't see it happening here either. Phoenix is the only team that will be gone and it has nothing to do with the lockout.

I'm not sure of this at all, especially with a team like Columbus. If Bob's "worst case scenario" came true and the NHL lost two seasons, who the fuck is going to go watch a Blue Jackets game? Especially with the horrible roster they have. Fans will come back, but they'll come back in the "traditional" markets. In Canada, in Chicago, Boston, New York, etc. A team like Columbus would die a horrible death. Teams like Florida and Dallas would really, really struggle.

Socreges

Banned
Yuuup

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Got on a cab to the airport, cab driver started off saying he googled gas prices of the past 40 years and how they skyrocketed under Obama. Had to crush his bubble by saying that's what happens when you treat middle eastern country like garbage and invade them. At least we agreed that Exxon Mobile subsidies are the stupidest thing ever.

We have been so lucky with how level-headed NHL-GAF always been handled, I gave you alot of shit when the whole manics/forza thing happened but that was just for the fun of it.

Top Bottom