• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Heretic

I was going to subscribe to AHL Live but the Admirals play at 4:00 p.m. my time and I get home from work at 6:00 p.m. so there's no point. I guess it's just highlights for me!

Socreges

Banned
Get back, devil spawn!!
idu0YzfOTMdnf.png

Oklahoma City didn't win last time...Marlies beat them easily in like 5 games.

RNH, Eberle, Schultz and (eventually) Hall makes OKC quite a bit more formidable than they were last year. Just hope Danis shows up more than he did last Saturday.

The Baron's mascot(s) aren't too shabby either. Better than the Blues honestly.

RNH, Eberle, Schultz and (eventually) Hall makes OKC quite a bit more formidable than they were last year. Just hope Danis shows up more than he did last Saturday.

The Baron's mascot(s) aren't too shabby either. Better than the Blues honestly.

Doesn't seem to be helping them much in tonight's game.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
$78 CDN with tax and shipping for two fucking 100% cotton t-shirts from the NHL store...

Fuck that shit.

Got an $80 zip-up hoodie and $50 long sleeve on sale for $60 total from River City.

ShaneB

Fuck the Yankees, and fuck the Cardinals :(

tigers :2012: $133,475,000
yankees :2012: $209,792,900
Cards: 2012: $111,858,500
Giants: 2012: $131,355,298

This is what Donald Fehr wants?!?! What a silly man. Clearly the NHL has so many franchises that could get to that level.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I cracked and watched the Halo 4 ending on youtube :|

The fuck?

a) WHY WOULD YOU WATCH IT
b) Wait, the game is leaked or why is the ending on youtube?
c) I swear, don't you dare say ANYTHING about how the ending is/feels/made you feel/ANYTHING. or I will personally arrange you a catwalk with lego for you to step on.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It leaked and people are streaming it and have the endings on youtube. I only saw the legendary ending, not the actual ending, I couldn't resist....

G17

I unsubscribed from haloGAF just so that I don't get spoiled in any way shape or form even minute details.

Hopefully it dies down in a few days and Microsoft removes the videos.

Smiley90

It leaked and people are streaming it and have the endings on youtube. I only saw the legendary ending, not the actual ending, I couldn't resist....

Wow, that sucks. WHY WOULD YOU WATCH IT. Jesus.

Also, the legendary ending IS the actual ending, at least that's how it was for Halo 3... but fuck. Now I have to be extra-careful everywhere. damnit. Okay, let's get away from Halo before we make mistakes here. Back to ho-....FUCK.

Socreges

Banned
What's the appeal of Halo for you guys?

Bought and played Halo 3, but lost interest about halfway through. Maybe it's just the whole grunt aliens thing (as enemies) that bores me. They're definitely well made games, though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I unsubscribed from haloGAF just so that I don't get spoiled in any way shape or form even minute details.

Hopefully it dies down in a few days and Microsoft removes the videos.
It will only get worse as more people download the game. Worst thing for people staying dark is trying to avoid assholes trying to spoil stuff on reddit / youtube / etc.

Bought and played Halo 3, but lost interest about halfway through. Maybe it's just the whole grunt aliens thing (as enemies) that bores me. They're definitely well made games, though.

Me too, I had Halo 3 but got bored of it pretty quickly

Halo 4 looks a lot better though, we'll see

Getting it for 30 bucks + tax so if I get bored of it fast I'll easily get my money back via trade in deals

Smiley90

Halo 1 was one of THE biggest games for the original xbox which I constantly played with my best friend at the time, coop. Same for Halo 2. Halo 3 is when I really started playing online multiplayer on xbox live, as well as coop.

Generally speaking?

Halo REVOLUTIONIZED the FPS genre on consoles. It was fluid, it was fast, it was fun. I love the series due to a mix of quality of the game itself, nostalgia and multiplayer/coop.

If you were never big into the series and are just looking for a singleplayer FPS campaign, then yeah, Halo probably isn't that big. If you're looking for endless coop/multiplayer fun and know the series, it's brilliant.

It will only get worse as more people download the game. Worst thing for people staying dark is trying to avoid assholes trying to spoil stuff on reddit / youtube / etc.

Yeah I'm less worried about gaf where I can select for threads where I know people aren't that dumb, but youtube and reddit are dangerous.

Revenant

the way they set up firefights.

DAT combat sandbox.

easy game for my friends to agree on when i was younger as well. splitscreen marathons.

Heretic

For me, I love the dynamic encounters. This one looks like it has more scripted events a la COD but that's expected seeing as that's what's grabbing gamers now. I love walking into an area and thinking, "ok, how am I going to tackle this?" as opposed to "ok. A dude pops out here after I kill this guy. Then once I kill this guy here, some guy with be running through this Window. Then this wave will come through over here." Now, you have something similar with halo in terms of 'enemies will come through here' but everything else is dynamic no encounter is the same.

I love the story and stayed for the Multiplayer.

RC

Banned
I come from the era of arena based twitch shooters. So the so called "modern" shooter does nothing for me. Hell I still regularly play UT2004, it's the only FPS I need.

Smiley90

:lol No it didn't.

I think he spelled generic wrong.

Not sure which of those 2 statements I disagree with more... Probably the first. You can downplay the story of Halo all you want, and say it's up to personal likeness, but it DOES have a lot of lore and a fairly unique story.

But how can you NOT say that the original Halo was groundbreaking for CONSOLE FPS? I'm not talking about the FPS genre in itself, I'm talking about the way FPS'were handled on consoles, with controller layout, multiplayer appeal, etc.

Halo 1 is up there with Goldeneye for me.

Marvie_3

Banned
Not sure which of those 2 statements I disagree with more... Probably the first. You can downplay the story of Halo all you want, and say it's up to personal likeness, but it DOES have a lot of lore and a fairly unique story.

But how can you NOT say that the original Halo was groundbreaking for CONSOLE FPS? I'm not talking about the FPS genre in itself, I'm talking about the way FPS'were handled on consoles, with controller layout, multiplayer appeal, etc.

Halo 1 is up there with Goldeneye for me.

Because Goldeneye was?

Smiley90

Because Goldeneye was?

And it was unmatched for a long long time, until Halo managed to make it more mainstream.

But yeah, fond memories of Goldeneye. Let's just agree on that and leave the Halo discussion for other threads.

Socreges

Banned
And it was unmatched for a long long time, until Halo managed to make it more mainstream.

But yeah, fond memories of Goldeneye. Let's just agree on that and leave the Halo discussion for other threads.
True, we really should get back to discussing mascots

Top Bottom