• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
According to Mathieu Dandenault, NHLPA is presenting 4 different offers today all based around the 50-50 split. But it's Dandenault so...yea...

Revenant

I just want to get it off my chest: our fan base is bizarre

truly the shocker of the year.

leafs-waffles.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
According to Mathieu Dandenault, NHLPA is presenting 4 different offers today all based around the 50-50 split. But it's Dandenault so...yea...

Top that off with Bettman saying "we are going to get a deal done" this presents a lot of excitement

Finally these fucks are negotiating

Top that off with Bettman saying "we are going to get a deal done" this presents a lot of excitement

Finally these fucks are negotiating

Apparently all 4 offers revolve around a 50/50 split.

Sounds promising so far ....

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA Of the multiple (4) proposals discussed on PA"s conference call, all include gradual step-downs to 50-50.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm not sure how I'll handle hockey so suddenly, after being in lockout mode for months.

I want NHL hockey back so bad I even miss the lame Pens photoshops in this thread :/

I just want to see how the Leafs blossom under the new skilled ownership of Bell and Rogers, with those two respected juggernauts at the helm I only see competent leadership in the future!

Wade Redden needs to go public with his desire to see AHL salary count towards the cap, I assume he wants to play in the NHL again lol

I just want to see how the Leafs blossom under the new skilled ownership of Bell and Rogers, with those two respected juggernauts at the helm I only see competent leadership in the future!

Wade Redden needs to go public with his desire to see AHL salary count towards the cap, I assume he wants to play in the NHL again lol

Redden is never playing on the rangers again. Torts won't want him there regardless of all that (which lets be honest, probably wont be in the final CBA anyways). If he wants to play in the NHL again any time soon he's either getting an amnesty buy out or he can refuse to report to camp.

Redden is never playing on the rangers again. Torts won't want him there regardless of all that (which lets be honest, probably wont be in the final CBA anyways). If he wants to play in the NHL again any time soon he's either getting an amnesty buy out or he can refuse to report to camp.

Trade him with cap space

That AHL players Counting towards to cap deal is never going down. Not everyone making over 100K+ in the AHL is a cap dump. Kris Newbury makes 300K a year, he's an AHL player. Doing this means less money for players overall.

Ya, but that's more an exception than anything. I wouldn't mind if it's over a certain threshold. Allowing teams with money to bury their mistakes is kind of dumb.

That AHL players Counting towards to cap deal is never going down. Not everyone making over 100K+ in the AHL is a cap dump. Kris Newbury makes 300K a year, he's an AHL player. Doing this means less money for players overall.

Is Kris Newbury on a 1 or 2 year contract?

I checked, he is on a 2 way, 300k AHL, 600k NHL

No deal with get done. We all know this.

It sounds like they're finally talking the same language if PA is willing to go down gradually to 50/50. They have a week to work out how gradually, there's a good chance they can get this done

The contract stuff might be trickier, I can't see the players agreeing to a 5-year limit.

Ya, but that's more an exception than anything. I wouldn't mind if it's over a certain threshold. Allowing teams with money to bury their mistakes is kind of dumb.

I get what your saying, but do you think teams will more readily give out 6 million+ contracts in general if this is the case?
Overall it's just less money for players.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NHL-PA meeting over. This means either league wants to study NHLPA proposals or we have a major snit.

Not a good sign. Only an hour?

Unless the NHL wants to take all 4 offers and analyze them by themselves, that's a terrible sign.

Acid08

Banned
Stop pretending like any of you know if this is a good sign or a bad sign.

Lets just wait and see what the word is, then we can fall on our swords.

CrankyJay

Banned
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
Bettman says nhlpa came back made and 3 alternate proposals on player share. Didn't move from offer.

lol, these players are dumb fucks

Top Bottom