• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Revenant

=(

I feel bad for fans and businesses that depend on this. Sports bars, restaurants, hotels, concessions workers. Awful.

thats what bothers me the most with the players and their patronizing and whining.

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF SOMEONE WAS TAKING MONEY FROM YOU, i dunno man, go ask the people who's businesses you're damaging, and the people you're putting out of work so you can cry about millions of dollars.

Acid08

Banned
=(

I feel bad for fans and businesses that depend on this. Sports bars, restaurants, hotels, concessions workers. Awful.

There have been a bunch of downtown San Jose businesses featured on local news talking about this :/. Lots of businesses are hurting.

Socreges

Banned
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0ups5fm1y1rqfhi2o1_250.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]I don't care how dire things are. TBBT should never be allowed in this thread.

[quote="KernelPanic, post: 43348912"]The only hope now is the players would have to come to their senses and fire Fehr.

Where's Trevor Linden when you need him ?[/QUOTE]I feel like too few players would be willing to challenge Fehr and the players who've been championing his cause since the beginning.

Kifimbo

Waiting for the details. But if it's as bad as Bettman pretends, I'll join others and spam players on Twitter. Fans need to take this in their hands.

If the proposals are as far from 50/50 as claimed... Well even I'm on board at calling bullshit. If the players came back with a deal that worked out to like 52.5 I'm calling bullshit on Bettman then.
Not clear what the case is here, particularly concerning the reports we were hearing just prior.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They want MORE money ? LOL

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, this is amazing.

What's even funnier as that after a year off, revenue will drop even further and that will result in even less money for players.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Backes to me via text: "We feel our newest proposal took a great step towards getting a deal done. It's too bad the owners don't" ... "... feel that way and I fear that we may miss an extended amount of time now."

LOL

We'll ask for more money ... that will move us towards getting a deal done !

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If the proposals are as far from 50/50 as claimed... Well even I'm on board at calling bullshit. If the players came back with a deal that worked out to like 52.5 I'm calling bullshit on Bettman then.
Not clear what the case is here, particularly concerning the reports we were hearing just prior.

Potentially more than 57% in year one? How about that?

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Backes to me via text: "We feel our newest proposal took a great step towards getting a deal done. It's too bad the owners don't" ... "... feel that way and I fear that we may miss an extended amount of time now."

LOL

We'll ask for more money ... that will move us towards getting a deal done !

Hey backes, your gonna miss an extended amount of money too!

Players saying shit like this isn't endearing them to the fans.

ShaneB

I wonder if we'll see the NHLPA's proposal online like the owners did. If not, we'll certainly know the offers were ridiculous.

Potentially more than 57% in year one? How about that?

Yeah and they gave three offers and we don't know the breakdowns. One year in one proposal is cherrypicking facts.

Before everyone jumps on Gary's "take it or leave it" stance I suggest looking up Boulwarism and realizing it's ILLEGAL in the US for an employer to come to the table, make an offer, and say "this is our best offer and we won't do any better." If that's what the NHL is doing here the PA is going to file a ULP within the week and we're never gonna get a season.

Local sports radio not even talking about this because they'd rather speculate for hours on end how the Bears will do against the Lions for the entire day

Acid08

Banned
Yeah and they gave three offers and we don't know the breakdowns. One year in one proposal is cherrypicking facts.

Before everyone jumps on Gary's "take it or leave it" stance I suggest looking up Boulwarism and realizing it's ILLEGAL in the US for an employer to come to the table, make an offer, and say "this is our best offer and we won't do any better." If that's what the NHL is doing here the PA is going to file a ULP within the week and we're never gonna get a season.

Did Bettman say that their last offer was it and they wouldn't change or negotiate anymore?

CrankyJay

Banned

I don't think that's the case...

Guess we'll just wait for more info to come out, but masterfully done by the NHL in an effort to make the NHLPA look bad. They succeeded.

Revenant

Did Bettman say that their last offer was it and they wouldn't change or negotiate anymore?

they made it clear that was their best offer, but were open to tweaks modifications.

the players are " gonna get this work" at some point. Can't feel like they're gonna get a way better deal after say a year off when they're the ones in financial trouble as they seem to make it out like they are now.

He did say that their last offer was "the best offer they were going to give." That likely isn't enough but if he's at the table unwilling to budge on that offer then the NHLPA would be perfectly within their rights to bring the ULP.

Socreges

Banned

But... that's not what's happening here. For them to be practicing Boulwarism, they wouldn't be entertaining counter-proposals from the NHLPA.

But... that's not what's happening here. For them to be practicing Boulwarism, they wouldn't be entertaining counter-proposals from the NHLPA.

"Entertaining" proposals isn't negotiating. If they just look at everything and say "Nope what we proposed was less and that's the best we'll do" then they're practicing Boulwarism.

Players need to make their proposals public like the league did. Only way to maintain legitimacy at this point. Once the two sides get closer they can impose a blackout again and start dealing in the details.

Revenant

I believe the PA has already said they're not releasing them.

Jags_fan.gif

But that's not what's happening. You're trying to contort this into Boulwarism, when it's not.

I don't see how you can be certain of that based on Bettman's statements. He's said "This is the best offer we're prepared to make." It's unclear what that means, and they were only in there for an hour, which could pretty easily imply flippant rejections.

I believe the PA has already said they're not releasing them.

And that's the point where you need to step back and reevaluate the strategy. Your support is going to last forever. I can't imagine what the long term strategy is at this point. They made an initial offer that average out to what, 54% over the life of the contract? You can't come down 1.5% from that and start dealing?

Cake Boss

Banned
Guess players are doing a conference call at 5. Would LOVE to be able to hear the call.

If you enjoy listening to uneducated high school dropouts who suffered multiple concussions talk about labor negotiation and financial systems then yeah sure it could be entertaining.

Top Bottom