• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

RC

Banned
True, but it's much more deserving of being in a favourite of all time list than Zack&Miri.

Personally?

Gattaca. I'll probably be the only one to pick it, but fuck it. Amazing movie. Amazing theme.

You and me both. It's definitely on my top 3. So is Children of Men.

CCF23

True, but it's much more deserving of being in a favourite of all time list than Zack&Miri.

Personally?

Gattaca. I'll probably be the only one to pick it, but fuck it. Amazing movie. Amazing theme.

Comedy? Big Lebowski, easily.

Movie? There's a few. It'd be hard for me to pick one. 2001 is up there, though.

Marvie_3

Banned
This reminded me of this, and I'm going to pimp this any chance I get because it makes me laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwYHTXPoQ3g
If you're gonna post Macho Man related rap, at least post the good stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUPxEUdI4HE

This shit is amazing.

I know no one likes Live. But Lakini's Juice is amazing.
I'd probably like them more if they hadn't been played every 5 seconds for fucking ever.

This show sucks. The stories are predictable and the characters are shallow.

:lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

You. Good taste. Children of Men is totally up there too. Such a great movie.

Comedy? Big Lebowski, easily.

Movie? There's a few. It'd be hard for me to pick one. 2001 is up there, though.

Comedy for me would probably be Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead.

EDIT: Meh acid. It's been a while.

Tabris

Still doesn't belong anywhere near "favourite of all time" territory, though it was great.

Copy and pasted from top 10 movies thread. There are my favourite movies ever.

2484043356_1c4d00a62a.jpg

10) The Dark Knight - I dislike comic book hero movies. This was able to redefine the genre for me and show me that they don't all need to fall into the usual campy drivel of most current (and past really) comic book hero movies.

inbrugesguys.jpg

09) In Bruges - I don't know another movie that bleeds such a depressing story about whether redemption is possible or not, with brilliant comedic timing and a couple great action scenes. Best movie in the last 5 years. Fucking Bruges.

vanilla-sky-pic-2.jpg

08) Vanilla Sky - One of the best soundtracks to a movie ever. A tale of love, consequences of vanity and what's most important in life. The ending realizations are absolutely heart wrenching.

infernal_affairs.jpg

07) Infernal Affairs - If you've seen The Departed before this movie, you have done a dis-service to yourself. I believe The Departed missed what was the philosophical and emotional essence of this movie. The emotional impact of the line "I'm a cop" is what makes the movie special.

gattaca2.jpg

06) Gattaca - The most interesting and in my opinion, realistic, representation of what the future may be like. A tale of the human spirit.

backtothefuture-delorean.jpg

05) Back to the Future - When I was a kid, me and my best friend would re-enact the Doc Brown scene where he's on the clock tower and Marty is racing to get there in time. Of course we would re-enact this on the couch (clock tower) and a chair (delorean). I believe I have seen this movie the most out of any other movie.

empirestrikesback.jpg

04) The Empire Strikes Back - This is the pinnacle of movie making in my opinion, a movie accessible to everyone and easy to love. Everyone remembers their first time seeing this movie and everyone remembers "I'm your father".

600full-lorenzo's-oil-photo.jpg

03) Lorenzo's Oil - This movie absolutely kills me every time. I'm not sure what it is, whether it's a combination of acting and script, but there isn't a movie that affects me emotionally as much as this movie.

before_sunrise_movie_image_julie_deply_ethan_hawke_01.jpg

02) Before Sunset / Before Sunrise - I could not pick one of these as they are essential to be watched one right after the other to see the before and after conversation about life, relationships and love.

rudy-touchdown.jpg

01) Rudy - "Who's the wild man now?!" This may invalidate my list to everyone but I cannot help loving this movie. I watch this movie once every couple of months. It's a ritual for me. It motivates me.

Smiley90

Did the NHL go into another lockout or something?

We're playing the Wild tonight. It's not like there'll be anything to talk about for us. I'll try not to fall asleep.

Also I agree, TDK is overrated. It's good, but no favourites-list.

In Bruges was great, but it fell apart at the end. Brendan Gleeson nor Ralph Fiennes could save that awful bit of screenwriting.

The Thin Red Line is my favourite movie that no else likes.

faux edit: Rudy is an awful movie.

Tabris

Whenever you guys disagree with me, all is right in the world. Shoot me in the fucking head with a large caliber bullet if you guys ever agree with me :p It means I'm doing something wrong.

Smiley90

Whenever you guys disagree with me, all is right in the world. Shoot me in the fucking head with a large caliber bullet if you guys ever agree with me :p It means I'm doing something wrong.

Gattaca is on your top 10 list, so you'r clearly doing SOMETHING right.

Also Desi, what about City of God?

You just posted one of the most unobjectionable top ten movie lists I've ever seen. Acid was just trolling you.

Smiley90

City of God is a masterpiece, must have watched it 9 times already.

nicholsonyes.gif

City of God, Children of Men and Gattaca getting good resonance in here? You guys are okay.

Everyone loves Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz, so that was expected.

Tabris

Always chooses to root for the team most likely to win that year.

I don't know where people get this from.

My teams are:

NHL - Vancouver Canucks
NFL - Mannings' Teams aka NY Giants and Denver Broncos, formerly the Colts
NBA - Boston Celtics
MLB - Toronto Bluejays
CL - Bayern Munich
CFL - BC Lions
MLS - Vancouver Whitecaps
NCAAF - Notre Dame
UFC - Lyoto Machida

Those are the only sports I follow currently.

Smiley90

I don't know where people get this from.

My teams are:

NHL - Vancouver Canucks
NFL - Mannings' Teams aka NY Giants and Denver Broncos, formerly the Colts
NBA - Boston Celtics
MLB - Toronto Bluejays
CL - Bayern Munich
CFL - BC Lions
MLS - Vancouver Whitecaps
NCAAF - Notre Dame
UFC - Lyoto Machida

Those are the only sports I follow currently.

The Champion's League isn't an actual league.

Those are way too many teams.

pringles

Tootoo gets so many reputation calls against him. I guess he's brought it upon himself, but it's a shame when his game has been 99% clean this year and he still gets called every other time he touches someone.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not enough Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford in here.

Tabris

The Champion's League isn't an actual league.

Those are way too many teams.

Well it's not like I either get or can understand German league games, so it counts :p

And too many teams? There's 1 team in every sport except for NFL. If the Vancouver Canucks played in those other sports, I would cheer for them :p

Also if you don't love Rudy, it means you are dead inside! Rudy Rudy Rudy!

RC

Banned
Gattaca is on your top 10 list, so you'r clearly doing SOMETHING right.

Also Desi, what about City of God?

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't seen City of God.

But I have seen every Rocky movie at least a dozen times. I can quote Rocky III and IV in their entirety.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Tootoo gets so many reputation calls against him. I guess he's brought it upon himself, but it's a shame when his game has been 99% clean this year and he still gets called every other time he touches someone.
That was a pretty hilarious call. At least they killed it.

This guy knows. Hot Fuzz is always better upon another viewing.

This X 1000

First time I watched it I liked it, then I watched it a few more times and you start finding all the little things that they put in the movie and it just becomes absolutely brilliant. Probably my favorite movie ever.

Also we have no offense against Columbus, pretty frustrating and boring game to watch right now. :/

At least we aren't losing... yet...

Smiley90

This X 1000

First time I watched it I liked it, then I watched it a few more times and you start finding all the little things that they put in the movie and it just becomes absolutely brilliant. Probably my favorite movie ever.

Also we have no offense against Columbus, pretty frustrating and boring game to watch right now. :/

At least we aren't losing... yet...

B2B Bobrovsky shutouts would be pretty hilarious.

Also, Columbus with the longest active point streak is weird.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I haven't seen City of God.

But I have seen every Rocky movie at least a dozen times. I can quote Rocky III and IV in their entirety.
Only a dozen?
This X 1000

I figured the original Red Dawn would be your favorite.

Tabris

Hey Crazed, as long as the Red Wings don't fuck with the Nucks this year in the playoffs, I no longer hate you and your team! I wish you guys the best in the East! Unless you play the Nucks in the SCF, then fuck you, I hate you. :)

pringles

I shut off the movie halfway through. I know it's generally loved, but I fucking hated it.
That's too bad. Probably the best movie about love and relationships ever made, imo. Give it another chance while you're miserable over a breakup (not that I wish that upon you).

Only a dozen?

No, I've only seen that movie once and it was good, but not my favorite and barely remember most of it.

Hey Crazed, as long as the Red Wings don't fuck with the Nucks this year in the playoffs, I no longer hate you and your team! I wish you guys the best in the East! Unless you play the Nucks in the SCF, then fuck you, I hate you. :)

I'm flattered, but I will still always hate you and the Nucks even when we are in the east <3

B2B Bobrovsky shutouts would be pretty hilarious.

Also, Columbus with the longest active point streak is weird.

Columbus is officially on my "I hate them they should be relocated list."

In Bruges and Children of Men are in my top 5 of all time. My man.

the other three: Finding Nemo, Dumb and Dumber, and a tie between Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Being John Malkovich

Smiley90

Speaking of red, I just remembered another brilliant movie/book: The Hunt for Red October. Haven't watched it in AGES though, so my view might be tainted by nostalgia.

Top Bottom