• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

RC

Banned
It does not go without saying. You just have an irrational hate of modern hip hop and I personally think that song is one of the best of modern hip hop.

I love Hate Me Now. It's my mantra for this thread :)

I have a hate for what mainstream hip-hop has become, that's true. Doesn't mean I won't give new artists a chance. Check out Skyzoo, Reks, Action Bronson, and The Left.
Real rhyming still exists, you just have to know where to find it.

MacAttack

I have a hate for what mainstream hip-hop has become, that's true. Doesn't mean I won't give new artists a chance. Check out Skyzoo, Reks, Action Bronson, and The Left.
Real rhyming still exists, you just have to know where to find it.

I went to see Czarface live recently, so I still support local (Boston) Hip-Hop feat Inspectah Deck and Ghostface.

Montresor

The Pens don't need Iginla with Future Hall of Famer Beau Bennett on their squad.

Last night's game was awesome. It was tough to see the Leafs lose but I'm very glad they got a point. It was a fantastic game all around. The third period and overtime was craaaaazy. Good game Alucard / Pens-gaf.

Alucard

Banned
Last night's game was awesome. It was tough to see the Leafs lose but I'm very glad they got a point. It was a fantastic game all around. The third period and overtime was craaaaazy. Good game Alucard / Pens-gaf.

I didn't get to watch it, but I liked the box score. Sounds like a fun game. Just hope Malkin is okay.

Crosby for Art Ross and Hart. <3

joedick

Can anybody help with some info on the Centre Ice/Game Centre package?

I got rid of cable during the off season when I realized I only used it to watch sens games, and during the summer I was pretty much paying Ma Bell $90/month to not watch TV. With the lockout in front of us, I cut ties.

Now I'm listening to games on the radio and watching the odd game on cbc.ca. I'm pretty fine with this, but I've been thinking about getting one of the hockey packages for next season to watch more games online, but I have some questions on what they offer.

I'm reading that they may blackout local games. I assume this is so people don't watch the opposing team's feed and take ratings away from the local broadcast. But do they blackout the local broadcast too? I'm in Ottawa - would they blackout all the Sens games?

Can anybody help with some info on the Centre Ice/Game Centre package?

I got rid of cable during the off season when I realized I only used it to watch sens games, and during the summer I was pretty much paying Ma Bell $90/month to not watch TV. With the lockout in front of us, I cut ties.

Now I'm listening to games on the radio and watching the odd game on cbc.ca. I'm pretty fine with this, but I've been thinking about getting one of the hockey packages for next season to watch more games online, but I have some questions on what they offer.

I'm reading that they may blackout local games. I assume this is so people don't watch the opposing team's feed and take ratings away from the local broadcast. But do they blackout the local broadcast too? I'm in Ottawa - would they blackout all the Sens games?

All local games blacked out because local stations purchase broadcasting rights to them. You can get around it with a good VPN. Few of us here use Tunnel Bear, it has a free membership tier that is more than enough for me every month.

joedick

All local games blacked out because local stations purchase broadcasting rights to them. You can get around it with a good VPN. Few of us here use Tunnel Bear, it has a free membership tier that is more than enough for me every month.

Thanks for the info! Never thought of that, even though we do have something set up for Netflix. That should do the trick!

Another question: Do they offer discounts for partial seasons? Or would I have to pay the full price if I started now or in April?

Thanks for the info! Never thought of that, even though we do have something set up for Netflix. That should do the trick!

Another question: Do they offer discounts for partial seasons? Or would I have to pay the full price if I started now or in April?

I know they've discounted in the past but no telling if they will this year. It was already half price when I bought my membership due to the lockout.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Loved the heart from the Leafs last night to fight back.

I'm now about to go back and see when Kessel tied the game in here.

Stasis

Just adding that the free 500mb TB membership works for GCL because you can drop from the VPN as soon as you're actually in the game. There's no check after initial connect.

Spl1nter

Loved the heart from the Leafs last night to fight back.

I'm now about to go back and see when Kessel tied the game in here.

He was amazing last night in person. Very noticeable how much quicker and faster he was then everyone else. Need him to play like that more.

Crosby is also in another class. He just does everything so well while being so smart on the ice. It was hilarious when he got the penalty however. Everything being said to him plus all the people taking pictures.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He was amazing last night in person. Very noticeable how much quicker and faster he was then everyone else. Need him to play like that more.

Crosby is also in another class. He just does everything so well while being so smart on the ice. It was hilarious when he got the penalty however. Everything being said to him plus all the people taking pictures.

That is Carlyle's next major hurdle to overcome. If he can get Kessel to play like that all the time...oh baby...

responder.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why did Torts insist on putting Hank in net in Friday and Biron tonight. Wouldn't it have made more sense to have Hank vs. the Caps instead of Biron?

Oh well.

Alucard

Banned
It's mid-way through the season now. Who you guys got for the major awards?

Art Ross: Crosby
Richard: J. Carter (Stamkos stops giving fucks due to crap team...won't happen, but hey)
Vezina: Anderson
Selke: no idea...cyborg Ron Francis, or probably Datsyuk
Norris: Letang (that's right)
Hart: Crosby
Jack Adams: Paul Maclean
Calder: Hooverdoo
Comeback player of the year: Crosby

What say you? Please combat my homer picks.

Spl1nter

Well Kessel was just a very different player last night than on thursday. I didnt see any hesitation in his play, he was skating hard against defecemen and driving the net more. You just have to think Carlyle or someone talked to him because it was night and day his performance. He was an elite player last night.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well Kessel was just a very different player last night than on thursday. I didnt see any hesitation in his play, he was skating hard against defecemen and driving the net more. You just have to think Carlyle or someone talked to him because it was night and day his performance. He was an elite player last night.

Maybe he was pissed after that Bos game?

Slurmer

Banned
Im pretty sure ovechkin just raised his stick to signify he was skating off for a change and the fans thought he was trying to pump them up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nah special teams, atleast PK are handled by someone else. I know PK is by Cronin.

Cronin and Gordon(?) were here last year too when both sucked ass. The only major difference is Carlyle coming in. He most likely just asked them to make one tweak in regards to what they were doing.

You can definitely see how much more aggressive the PK is at least. The powerplay has vastly improved the last 10 games or so with JVR and whoever else finally screening the goalie.

Spl1nter

Ok PP and PK aside, we're .500 in our last 10. I'm worried.

I would be worried if we lost the past 2 games against and played like we did in the 3 game prior to that, however that isnt the case. Leafs have played well the last two games. If they keep it up they will be fine. Plus lupul should be back now by saturday or next wednedsay. Always nice to add a PPG all-star back into your lineup. Also Gardiner for fucks sake.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
13-9-2 and 7th place in the conference at the halfway point of the season after starting well under .500 and being in 12th place like a week and a half ago. That'll do.

uhh..what's the deal with the schedule are east teams only playing other east teams and west play west? i just realized this after scanning the rangers schedule lol

Top Bottom