• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

calder

Collateral would be a great movie... but I just can never get over the big coincidence. It's not just that it's a "holy shit, what a fucking one in a million coincidence" it's that it's for no reason at all. They could have gotten the plot to the same point and had the characters make the sameish decisions without it.

Still pretty good though. I saw the bluray for $8 at a used shop on the weekend and almost picked it up, kind of wished I had now.

Oh and for all you kids, the happiest song of all time was from the 80's, everyone
who was a teenager in central canada late 80s early 90s during britpop's heyday
knows that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's a great song. I think I have a different understanding for chill study songs than Red :lol. y chill song playlist consists pretty much purely of Indie.
I'm taking a bit from every genre, that doesn't really fit in with the rest of what I'm gathering up though.

I listened to Matt & Kim when I needed a feel-good study mix.

Daylight
Good Ol' Fashion Nightmare
AM/FM Sound

Then there's some hip-hop:

Always Into Somethin'
Express Yourself
Big Poppa
Nellyville (Nelly in his prime, lol)

Matt and Kim is good. At least that album is, I haven't heard their others

It was brought up when we discussed favourite movies, but everyone in here NEEDS to watch Children of Men and/or City of God.

favourite? Classic Smoley

That sounds really interesting actually. Added to que.

I thought it was really fucking good. David Lynch is in it!

Ahhh my ears.

Wtf is he thinking, I am not a big Armin guy anyways, he had a some pretty good sets, but was always a Bennassi person.

It's because his audience became this:

Odcl6Of.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sorry Smiley, but I god fucking hate this song.

I hear it at work at least 5 times per shift. I actually didn't know who the artist or the name of the song was until now. Now that I do, I feel like the information is going to stick in my head, and I don't want that to happen.

Dude, why are you listening to the radio at work. Listen to Pandora or something that has less repeats. I used to work somewhere where the radio was on during 8h shifts too, and GOD did I start hating the radio.

Fine, this: Family of the Year - Hero

0279_0mna.gif

Must be a European thing. That's feel good music. I'm more in line of The XX, The Weeknd, Frank Ocean, Mogwai, etc, etc.

see, music like that IS my chill-music :D That's what I meant by "I understand if it's not everyone's thing".

Quick

Banned
Dude, why are you listening to the radio at work. Listen to Pandora or something that has less repeats. I used to work somewhere where the radio was on during 8h shifts too, and GOD did I start hating the radio.

I work retail, and our music actually comes from a private station that plays the same music for all stores.

Acid08

Banned
I work retail, and our music actually comes from a private station that plays the same music for all stores.
I must have heard the same 45 seconds excerpt of that one Silversun Pickups song more than 300 times when I worked in the electronic department at Target. Those video loops on the TV's, ugh.

Heretic

Damn, Cake Boss. Taking me back with this one! Gansta Heretic was the shiznit!

i was not a gangster but the music back then kicked ass

I must have heard the same 45 seconds excerpt of that one Silversun Pickups song more than 300 times when I worked in the electronic department at Target. Those video loops on the TV's, ugh.

Dude! I feel your pain. Same job. Same place.

Smiley90

Will I die if I have 3 energy drinks in one day?

Depends, are you drinking them the way you're supposed to? Mixed with at least 2 shots of Vodka each?

That's the only way I can drink Energy Drinks

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Depends, are you drinking them the way you're supposed to? Mixed with at least 2 shots of Vodka each?

That's the only way I can drink Energy Drinks
I'm surprised I'm not dead yet from the amount of jager bombs I've consumed.

I had one this early afternoon, one tonight around 7-8ish and I'm contemplating another now.

Smiley90

I'm surprised I'm not dead yet from the amount of jager bombs I've consumed.

I had one this early afternoon, one tonight around 7-8ish and I'm contemplating another now.

Midterms late-night-GAF? Good times. I have two tomorrow.

RC

Banned
Late night NHL-GAF started without me? Colour me disappointed.

Raymond's SO goal shouldn't have counted. There's no forward momentum. But I'll take it nonetheless.

Smiley90

Late night NHL-GAF started without me? Oh well.

Raymond's SO goal shouldn't have counted. There's no forward momentum. But I'll take it nonetheless.

psht. The one time Luongo stops all the shooters. Let us enjoy this for once.

Okay, let's do this:

Favourite high balls/shots.

B52.

Go.

RC

Banned
I swear you're only asking this because I'm here.

My favourite highball is easily a Gin and Tonic. (Had one earlier today actually) As for my favourite shot, Fireball.
Although I would never do these together.

Smiley90

I swear you're only asking this because I'm here.

My favourite highball is easily a Gin and Tonic. Had one earlier today actually. As for my favourite shot, Fireball.

I figured I'll ask something that you can answer most easily. :p

B52's are just so incredibly smooth that I could drink too many of them. It's dangerous.

Top Bottom