• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

CCF23

Every Canuck skater on the ice touched the puck on that rush leading to the Raymond goal.

Alberts tipped it to Bieksa who upped it to Hansen who dropped to Ebbett who passed to Raymond who pounded it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Great first period. Probably one of our best periods in the past... 8 games or so. Let's keep this going. Nashville scoring more than 2 goals would be our own fault.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
lol, look at my posts earlier in the year

i think i wanted carlyle fired by game 5

thing is... his personnel choices are stupid. He won't play Gardiner because he's "not too good for the AHL" which doesn't explain fucking kostka or holzer.

This is the same as him poking at Kadri for being a defensive liability (take a guess who leads the leafs forwards in +/-? with a +12) Actually... fuck that. If you take away Kadri's usual linemates... (frattin and macarthur) the next forward is COLTON ORR with a +/- of 1... ONE

Carlyle is an idiot when it comes to talent assessment, just like wilson was. Except here they can't score goals. It's this ineptitude which is costing us games and will eventually lead to losing the season yet again.

Another example of this nonsense. Phaneuf is on his offside.... to accommodate Holzer. Yup.

The only time this guy was a "good coach" was when he was handed a super team built by murray and burke.

I can't speak for the other guys, but I've been openly critical of Carlyle since before the season started.

His hiring felt like NHL-style cronyism, and I've never believed he would be or is a good fit with our roster.

Isn't Gardiner not being up more on Nonis?

I can see the problems with the lines, or ice time, I complain about that stuff too with Therrien. What I've seen from the Leafs this season though, coaching is not the problem in their losses, at least not the majority. They look like they've got a good system.

Your goalies give up too many rebounds, and the D seems a little slow, you can hang that one on Carlyle for using the guys he's using I guess. Kadri is succeeding in the role he's been given, although I'm a little perplexed at him playing with Orr a bunch.

Every coach is crap. Once they start coaching the Leafs.

Meh, it was always going to be a hard sell for Carlyle after Burke was fired. BCE/Rogers should have really canned the whole crew in the Summer and followed Montreal's approach of hiring a new GM and letting him pick his own coach.

And speaking of Burke, if the Leafs do indeed miss the playoffs again, his comments about 'setting the table' and 'haunting the team' will take on new meaning.

Alucard

Banned
Just caught highlights from the Pens/Leafs game. Looks like Fleury really saved Pittsburgh's bacon numerous times throughout the contest. If we're going to grill him when he faulters, we've got to praise him when he comes through. And he definitely came through. A breakaway save in the final 5 minutes of the third is nothing to sneeze at.

Also...

SUPER DUPER.

ALL WE DO IS WEEN WEEN

uiSnnS5.gif

CCF23

ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod

First scrambly shift in awhile.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod

First scrambly shift in awhile.

What a sequence of saves by Luongo though

Top Bottom