• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Drink more.

That's your answer to every problem in life, isn't it. I'm not sure I can take advice like that from you. It's the avatar, sorry.

How anyone cannot love cougars is beyond me

They're women who only want you around to fuck them and they pay for your shit

The total opposite of a girl your age

Bunch of amateurs

If you put it that way, it sounds quite appealing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah! Then it will be easier for opposing players to target a specific area in an attempt to re-aggravate that injury!

It works fine in the NFL, a sport about 5 times more physical than the NHL.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Frustrating to still be down 1 after two. Doesn't feel like a game we should be behind in. That horrendous start is going to bite us in the ass.

We MUST get points out of this game with Pittsburgh, Carolina, and New Jersey coming up over the next 5 days.

Marvie_3

Banned
Kane is ridiculous in shootouts. :lol Got his 400th career point tonight too.

Lucky to get that 2nd point with Bob playing the way he did.

Cactus

Banned
Holzer needs to go. Nobody will pick him up on waivers so what are they waiting for?
I blame Carlyle more for playing him against tough competition. He's a 5-6 guy at best, yet he's constantly being played on the top pairing with Dion. I don't understand what Carlyle is thinking.

Also, Grabovski is one of the best defensive centres in the league, and Carlyle has been putting him against the toughest competition all season, so why is he suddenly receiving fewer minutes? Less minutes for Grabovski means more shifts for the Bozak line against top players. Tonight, for example, the Bozak line was -3 because they were played against Crosby rather than Grabo.

Very strange choices. I'm starting to think that Carlyle is a shitty coach.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Why didn't Kessel (or whoever that was carrying the puck) shoot at the wide open net when Fleury was down? That would have put the game away.

He did something similar later too - and it led to the Pens' winning goal. Fuck.

calder

20 minutes? 20 damn minutes.

irBg5xRcjhw9e.gif

YES! HERE WE GO BOYS! BREAK OUT THOSE SLEEPING BAGS! GET YOUR PILLOWS READY!!! GET YOUR MOM TO TUCK YOU IN MOTHERFUCKERS ITS VANCOUVER AND NASHVILLE GET READY TO ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Smiley90

PINNIZOTTO MAKING HAS NHL DEBUT!

unf unf unf.

Taking bets on how long 'til he gets injured again. :(

I'm starting to think that Carlyle is a shitty coach.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why we have 2/3 defensively suspect players starting each night in defence, and Gardiner - who at least provides a lot offensively - is being kept in the AHL.

My sole hope is that, if the Leafs miss the playoffs this year, Carlyle and the entire Burke-era front office is cleaned out. We've had enough 'Fired Good Guy NHL Coaches' roll through here since the Pat Quinn era; at some point we should do things differently. To this end, it's good that players Carlyle and his staff picked as NHL-ready are being exposed as the opposite.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Carlyle: "We made some breakdowns that cost us the hockey game. For 53 minutes we did well."

I think he wants a gold star

RC

Banned
Rinne's worse at playing the puck then Schneids.

Maybe this won't be snooze fest after all. Unless we decide to rest on this lead.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm having a hard time figuring out why we have 2/3 defensively suspect players starting each night in defence, and Gardiner - who at least provides a lot offensively - is being kept in the AHL.

My sole hope is that, if the Leafs miss the playoffs this year, Carlyle and the entire Burke-era front office is cleaned out. We've had enough 'Fired Good Guy NHL Coaches' roll through here since the Pat Quinn era; at some point we should do things differently. To this end, it's good that players Carlyle and his staff picked as NHL-ready are being exposed as the opposite.

Fun fact: gardiner was the second best defenseman on the leafs last year in terms of +/-. Franson was first. Combined they were -3 (-2 and -1 respectively). Rest of the D corps? -46

Smiley90

Pinnizotto having a fight 10 seconds into his first shift in the NHL. Whattaboy. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Top Bottom