• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

I really hope the Flyers can talk Danny into waiving his NMC. I would much rather they trade him and get something back then have to buy him out in the offseason and get nothing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Who are the rumored teams? How many teams can afford that cap hit.

I could see a Gaborik for Perry trade work out for both teams.

No real specifics yet. They have a list of 8 teams that Gaborik would accept a trade to, but I haven't seen any leaking of what that list actually is. It's mostly a "the Rangers are willing to use Gaborik if it will get them what they want" kind of thing right now. He's got a big cap hit, and he's slumping right now, but there are probably teams out there that might take the chance that a change of scenery will turn his game back around, and he's only got one year left on his deal, so a team that is looking to win now might be willing to swallow that pill. Part of Gaborik's issue this season is that he's a career right winger, but Nash is our number one right winger and Cally is our captain. So it's either the third line, which is unacceptable, or moving him to the left side. Torts chose the left side, and it's not working.

If I had to guess, though, I still think the odds that we actually ship off Gaborik is very low. The planets will have to align for the right team in the right situation to make the right deal for the Rangers to even consider pulling the trigger.

I don't think we're going to be making moves for stars. Not before the offseason anyway. I'm pretty sure we're going to be looking for depth. They're still looking for the mythical Prust replacement, among other things.

Solo

What do you think of that? Seems reasonable, though 3M would have been better.

I like the term, but the amount is a bit rich for me, unless he can play like he did last year (and the last 10 games or so) for 4 years. I neither love nor hate the deal. I am whelmed.

funny how a lot of habs fans only look at size. a player could be shit but if he's 6'8 and weighs 320 pounds, he;d be perfect for our team

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kadri skating on a line with Lupul and Kulemin in practice.

Meanwhile Grabo is with Frattin and Macarthur.

Lupul must be so close, something is going to give soon to make room for him.

Spl1nter

Kadri skating on a line with Lupul and Kulemin in practice.

Meanwhile Grabo is with Frattin and Macarthur.

Lupul must be so close, something is going to give soon to make room for him.

Gardiner not at marlies practice today as well. Based on lupul interviews he feels he is 100% ready to go. Really wants back in but hasnt been cleared back by doctors. Going to be nice to have our best player from last year back.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Gardiner not at marlies practice today as well. Based on lupul interviews he feels he is 100% ready to go. Really wants back in but hasnt been cleared back by doctors. Going to be nice to have our best player from last year back.

Are marlies on the road?

Just wondering because they all practice at the same facility :p

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Aren't Nonis and Carlyle friends ? He probably would have hired him anyway.

I'd say at least there are a lot of people that would like to see Dallas Eakins promoted from the Marlies to the Leafs as head coach.

I personally think that's a big reason why people are getting really impatient. There is someone they feel can do a better job.

So, after I get back from playing hockey today, should I continue my mass effect 3 play through with the new DLC or watch the Red Wings lose? Tough choices...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, after I get back from playing hockey today, should I continue my mass effect 3 play through with the new DLC or watch the Red Wings lose? Tough choices...

Play today, watch tomorrow.
Vancouver will be wearing their Millionaires jerseys on Saturday, should be fun.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Carlyle said after practice that leafs will put lupul in when he thinks he's ready

Lupul says he's ready though not 100%

Gamecenter thought it was relevant enough to send me a notification lol

I'm excited we may have lupul and gardiner back for tomorrow \o/

Finally everyone healthy except Gunnarsson (playing injured)

Mass Effect 3 is a better choice then just about anything. You should be playing MP though.

Play the MP, best co-op mode this gen aside from RDR's co-op.

Oh I do, usually my friend and I play MP, I have already beaten ME3 twice (both times within 2 months of its release) but I have held off on getting all the DLC so now that they did the final SP DLC release, I bought it all and am doing a play through with all of it.

Play today, watch tomorrow.
Vancouver will be wearing their Millionaires jerseys on Saturday, should be fun.

See, then we are just on the dilemma of to continue to play ME3, or watch them lose to Vancouver, still a tough choice.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Carlyle said after practice that leafs will put lupul in when he thinks he's ready

Lupul says he's ready though not 100%

Gamecenter thought it was relevant enough to send me a notification lol

I'm excited we may have lupul and gardiner back for tomorrow \o/

Finally everyone healthy except Gunnarsson (playing injured)

We still need to move out some bodies though. But either way I'm still so excited.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks need to make those jerseys permanent

White/beige hockey pants ftw

Maroon as a jersey colour just looks so overly retro, it's great. Then all Canucks players need to start growing moustaches and we can be an overly manly team.

inb4 they'd also need to stop diving

Last night, the Canucks had $4.2M on a healthy scratch (Ballard), $4.25M on a third-line player (Booth), and $4-5M on a backup (Luongo/Schneider). That's $12M they could spend on a top-six winger and a third-line centre. They can probably get by with the roster they have now, but if they want to make a serious run at the Cup they're going to have to shed some of that salary.

TUSR

Banned
Last night, the Canucks had $4.2M on a healthy scratch (Ballard), $4.25M on a third-line player (Booth), and $4-5M on a backup (Luongo/Schneider). That's $12M they could spend on a top-six winger and a third-line centre. They can probably get by with the roster they have now, but if they want to make a serious run at the Cup they're going to have to shed some of that salary.

Agree mostly, except that Booth has been playing decent, but not 4.25/year decent.

Canucks need to make those jerseys permanent

White/beige hockey pants ftw

So hope they're not sold out of the Millionaire jerseys when im down for the Colorado game.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The Desharnais signing is okay. $3.5 is about what I'd expect he'd get as a UFA, so it's not like he took a hometown discount. It's second line player money, so as long as he can put up ~60 points, I'm okay with it. I just hope the organization isn't too in love with him that they'd refuse to move him to the wing if Eller and Glachenyuk prove to be better centremen than him.

gaming_noob

Twice the celebration!

I mean he's going to a team that has room for him... Going to a top western team... And it's always warm!

Since he hasn't been playing this is a great gift :)

Good for him...a chance to prove himself for his next contract (UFA this year). I want a megaton trade though...something to shake up the league. The Blue Jays have really spoiled me...

Spl1nter

Going to be nice to have lupul back in the line up. Probably will take him some time however. He has barely played in a over a year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DD is good, having too many centers isn't a bad thing. It'll be interesting to see who steps it up in the playoffs this year. Wouldn't surprise me to see Plekanec go next year with Eller's continuing progression.

Aren't Nonis and Carlyle friends ? He probably would have hired him anyway.

Maybe, who knows?

But I don't think there's a lot of patience, among the fans and especially among our new owners, for *anyone* connected to Burke's era. This includes Nonis.

edit: Dreger has taken to tweeting 'rumours' he's already tweeted. We're hearing again, from him, that the 'Leafs are in no rush to sign or trade Bozak'.

Top Bottom