• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
You got it all wrong guys. I'm puzzled why his % is SO LOW. I would think he would be much much higher.

Take all my apologies! Misread your comment.

christian-bale-kermit-the-frog.gif

Can't have Grigorenko taking up valuable seconds of ice time that Jochen Hecht needs.

But no worries, Sabres are getting Ville Leino back tomorrow, that'll fix everything!

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Wow, a NYI fan. Do you think now that got your new colosseum (well kinda), that Wang let go of the purse strings so you can both keep / get new players? Brooklyn has to help attract a bit more players than LI did.

I've been around for a long time, you've never taken notice of me and my NYI blurbs?

And yes to all your questions.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gally actually gets PP time, Eller has been the odd man out most of the time.
Yea, but only 20 seconds at the end of the PP. Eller and Gally need to get some time on the second unit imo. Gally's one our best passers already, and Eller is a beast at protecting the puck and creating space.

gaming_noob

How easy is it to find tickets to Canucks home games? I may be visiting Vancouver and I would like to see a live NHL game for the first time.

TUSR

Banned
How easy is it to find tickets to Canucks home games? I may be visiting Vancouver and I would like to see a live NHL game for the first time.

My buddy has seasons, but he lives in Kelowna. So I end up buying mine off of him for about cost.

Resellers are pretty expensive and you should plan in advance if you want to buy tickets online from the official site.

RC

Banned

Resellers are pretty much your only option. I've never been able to get Canucks tickets through "legimate" means.

Tabris

Scalpers are so bad now in Vancouver that they have gotten wise to the 1st period trick and will just let the tickets go to waste then sell them on the cheap after the game has already started.

You can still easily buy from season ticket holders on craigslist that can't make games.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Insider trick: You can get a hold of very cheap tickets if you have a Hostelling International membership. They have about 20 or so season tickets that are usually reserved for tourists, but they sometimes don't sell them all, then they can be bought by locals, too. Go for about 65/75.
This is especially useful for playoff tickets.

Really liking our current 4th line. I think it might be our best one yet.

Pinizzotto-Lapierre-Weise.

Perfect mix of size, wheels, defensive responsibility and skill.

Curufinwe

Can someone answer me this, as I haven't been paying attention, why are the Flyers sucking? Is it strictly goaltending or is there a bunch of things? What happened to Giroux? Is it strictly because Hartnell's out?

Check some of the recent blogs by Bill Meltzer at HockeyBuzz. Bryz started off strong, but then slid into mediocrity, while the team defense has been woeful all season. They give up a ridiculous amount of odd man rushes because they send three forecheckers to the goaline, they dont backcheck properly, and the defensemen keep pinching at the worst times. NJ got a 2 on 1 break in the first minute of Wednesdays game when Grossmann pinched like he thought was Karlsson.

This makes it easy for other teams to break out of their own zone, while the Flyers continually struggle to get the puck out. Too often the forwards are out past the blue line looking to attack and the D is left with no outlet pass. Giroux is the only good face off guy on the team so they spend way too much time pinned in their own end. His overall level of play is down, but not as much as Briere, Coburn and Couturier who have all been terrible. Briere will be gone next year and lots of players come back from sophomore slumps, but Coburn is a huge concern. He should be peaking, not regressing.

Timonen looks old and slow on defense, but continues to rack up points. Mezaros was the best defenseman to start the season but has looked awfully rusty after coming back from his shoulder injury. Schenn has been pretty good, not nearly as slow as advertised.

Curufinwe

Haven't been able to watch as much recently as I'd like (i.e. studying's been more worth the time investment than seeing horrible things happen) so I've likely been missing Grossman abomination-ing.

Though Briere has a great track record in the playoffs, his current play and NMC issues have me just hoping for a first. More/the bubble dream would be great, of course.

I don't think he accepts any trade because he can make a lot more money than $5m over the next two years by being bought out and signing a new deal somewhere else.

Alucard

Banned
Fun Jagr facts:

Jagr is first all time in regular season OT goals. (17) Elias is second all time with 15.

Jagr is second all time in game winning goals. (115) Needs four more to pass Phil Esposito.

Jagr needs 4 more assists to become the twelfth all time to hit 1000.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
OEL signed a 6 year extension. I'd like to see what he is getting paid. Can any of the two people who watch the Coyotes tell me how he is playing?

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
OEL signed a 6 year extension. I'd like to see what he is getting paid. Can any of the two people who watch the Coyotes tell me how he is playing?
He's fantastic.
$5.5M is very fair, if not a steal.

I remember when OEL was drafted and people thought the Coyotes were reaching with the pick.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
LOLZ Wings already down 1-0. They just parted the seas for Hall to skate through. Usually I'd say the Wings were done by now, but against the Oilers, they seem to be able to come back, so we'll see.

That's actually a pretty good movie

I hope you didn't think I was making that recommendation in jest.

So, after I get back from playing hockey today, should I continue my mass effect 3 play through with the new DLC or watch the Red Wings lose? Tough choices...

Both end in disappointment.

Steckel traded to Anaheim for Ryan lasch and a 7th

Wasn't he your main face-off guy who was brought in specifically to win faceoffs? Stick him on our fourth line so we can finally start winning faceoffs with them.

Good to know we don't need Burke to fleece Anaheim.

Did you actually have a straight face when you posted that?

Wow, a trade! I liked Steckel, I always thought he worked hard. Not as much as I like a roster spot open for Gardiner though.

Steckel is D?!

Top Bottom