• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

A little off topic, but this always makes me laugh so I thought I'd share it with my bros

iQzQIwU.gif

I had the most stupidest dream last night. I had a briefcase full of jelly beans and I was worried about getting it to the bank safely. I was clutching at it while I was sternly walking down the street and was suspicious that anyone who walked past me wanted my precious jellybeans.

Anyway I got to the bank and the whole suitcase popped open and jellybeans went flying everywhere.

IT FUCKING SUCKED

Of course you would be Marvie, they'd be your jellybeans too. A mans jellybeans are one thing, but I think what I was in charge of was a multitude of peoples jellybeans. The peoples democratic republic of Jellybeans. Like some sort of group account of jellybeans that everybody had put all their life jellybean savings into. And James Bond knew about my jellybeans and wanted them for the UK Government.

WELL NOT ON MY WATCH BUDDY

Marvie_3

Banned
Of course you would be Marvie, they'd be your jellybeans too. A mans jellybeans are one thing, but I think what I was in charge of was a multitude of peoples jellybeans. The peoples democratic republic of Jellybeans. Like some sort of group account of jellybeans that everybody had put all their life jellybean savings into. And James Bond knew about my jellybeans and wanted them for the UK Government.

WELL NOT ON MY WATCH BUDDY

<3

Solo

Goddamn snowstorm knocked my power out mid-game. Pissed about that, but happy to see the highlights this morning and see the Habs managed to steal a point out of that game. Gallagher's and Galchenyuk's assists :eek:

Goddamnit... this whole "job" thing lately is preventing me from being part of what have apparently been some really amazing raves around here lately :(

Every night seems to top the last....

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Late night NHL-GAF never disappoints.

I'm kinda glad I'm becoming an old man and even on non-work nights I can't stay up that late.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Lundqvist might have been concussed on that elbow he took from Girardi. Said he was kind of blurry afterwards and had headaches from that point on after the game last night.

I doubt the Rangers are going to acknowledge this, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Biron is in net tomorrow. A game against the last place team in the league coming off of two tough back to back games with just one day off? Biron would probably be playing even if Hank was totally fine.

Spl1nter

Burn the boats?

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=413518

TORONTO &#8211; Posted above the whiteboard at the far end of the Maple Leafs dressing room is one puzzling slogan.

"Burn the Boats" reads the more mysterious and striking of two mantras posted at the team's practice facility.

The mystery behind the message lies with Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. In the hours before the Leafs took to the ice for training camp on Sunday, Carlyle delivered a motivational and seemingly moving speech to his group, weaving a tale into his efforts to illustrate the point.

"He had a story about people crossing the sea to take the treasure," James Reimer recalled. "When they got there they burnt their boats so they either had to take their treasure or die. That's what 'Burn the Boats' means."

Essentially the story and subsequent slogan comes down to one central message.

"We're all in it together," said Reimer. "There's no looking back. There's no turning back. There's no out. We're in it together. We're going to fight for each other. There's no safe zone to go back to and regroup really."

The second slogan is less cagey, reading "Make Today Count". The Leafs have missed the playoffs in each of the past seven seasons. Carlyle's intent is clear, wedge his group together at the outset of a hasty 48-game season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs extend Boullion 1 year. Au revoir, Kaberle.

Bourque also took full practice.

Boullion has been good this year but I wouldn't have extended him. Surely one of the young guys could have stepped up into that role next season.

Solo

Boullion has been good this year but I wouldn't have extended him. Surely one of the young guys could have stepped up into that role next season.

It's only 1 year, $1.5M for reliable 6th/7th D-man. Think of him as the 6th if Tinordi doesn't stick, or the 7th if he does.

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Tinordi/Boullion

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Holland might as well add another aging veteran to this team. Or Philly.

Wouldn't be a bad pickup, for sure

Fans gave him too much shit, he played one really bad stretch in his time here but has been pretty good since except he hasn't been given much chance to redeem himself

I would much rather have Komi in the lineup than kostka

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's only 1 year, $1.5M for reliable 6th/7th D-man. Think of him as the 6th if Tinordi doesn't stick, or the 7th if he does.

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Tinordi/Boullion

I'm just worried because Hamilton could have another 4 rookie defencemen join next year, with Beaulieu, Tinordi and Ellis already there. Not to mention Pateryn who looked fine in his call up. As long as Boullion doesn't mind sitting if somebody is playing better than him.

Top Bottom