• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Wouldn't be a bad pickup, for sure

Fans gave him too much shit, he played one really bad stretch in his time here but has been pretty good since except he hasn't been given much chance to redeem himself

With Quincey out for 4 weeks or what not and White possibly being moved, Holland may take a chance. How many years are left on his current contract?

Komisarek will shine in Philly if they pick him up.

This is what I'm thinking, they need D bad. We still would like another shutdown guy, but our D has gotten much better from the start of the season.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Holland might as well add another aging veteran to this team. Or Philly.

Edit:

It's so sad when both of us post pretty much the same thing about what our GM does.

In this case, though, I'd actually rather have Komisarek than White or Huskins. Wouldn't be a bad pickup at all.

In this case, though, I'd actually rather have Komisarek than White or Huskins. Wouldn't be a bad pickup at all.

White needs to go, his comments and his pretty pathetic play make him expendable, sucks because I really liked him last year even when he didn't play with Lidstrom, but he almost looks like he wants to leave every time he is out there now.

LevelNth

Banned
Picking up Komi for free is not that bad of a proposition for many teams in the league. He'll only cost about $2m this year, so the biggest negative is next year's $4.5m.

I'd say it's 50/50 whether he gets scooped. Man oh man will it be huge for the Leafs if he does.

Cake Boss

Banned
Whats his contract like?

I would seriously consider picking him up for the Sens, we lost Methot last night and we need NHL bodies bad, we already took Bingos best 3 dman and their 4th best is injured so we have to look at guys that just started their pro careers this year coming from College.

He might work with our system, where before he looked like shit in that run n gun system that Wilson had, even Luke Schenn looks better out of that system

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Cap is going down next year, no one is going to waste that much on Komisarek.

If you're thin on D, he's worth a chance

Beauchemin sucked here and is playing incredible for Anaheim... So how he performed for leafs shouldn't be much weight... Hasn't had much chance under Carlyle

He's big, he can hit, and he's a great locker room guy

He has 1 year left at 4.5 mil

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Picking up Komi for free is not that bad of a proposition for many teams in the league. He'll only cost about $2m this year, so the biggest negative is next year's $4.5m.

I'd say it's 50/50 whether he gets scooped. Man oh man will it be huge for the Leafs if he does.

I can easily see a team at the cap floor picking him up.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Wings could afford it. They've got cap space.

Whats his contract like?

I would seriously consider picking him up for the Sens, we lost Methot last night and we need NHL bodies bad, we already took Bingos best 3 dman and their 4th best is injured so we have to look at guys that just started their pro careers this year coming from College.

He might work with our system, where before he looked like shit in that run n gun system that Wilson had, even Luke Schenn looks better out of that system

Lol just no.

What a waste of cap space, he's only ever looked good because he played with Markov who is 10X the D-man he is.

Whatever was left, Lucic beat it out of him.

He could have been had for a 7th rounder all year, there is a reason no one has done so. $4.5M for a bottom pairing D-man this year and next is a signing only Feaster could top.

gaming_noob

This is what I'm thinking, they need D bad. We still would like another shutdown guy, but our D has gotten much better from the start of the season.

Wings should claim him then. Remember the last time Komisarek was on his contract year? He was a monster for the Habs...might be a good situation to pick him up.

Plinko

We also have to see what is going on with Howie and Flip though as well as Brunner since all will get raises if they are re-signed.

Brunner--needs to be resigned instantly. The fact he hasn't yet is worrisome.
Howie--Going to get a big contract. Worth it.
Filpulla--I see no way he's back with Detroit next year.

Solo

I'm just worried because Hamilton could have another 4 rookie defencemen join next year, with Beaulieu, Tinordi and Ellis already there. Not to mention Pateryn who looked fine in his call up. As long as Boullion doesn't mind sitting if somebody is playing better than him.

I'm sure he's fine with it. My guess is that he wants to retire a Hab, and will do so after next season.

4.5M oh shit, I thought it was at around 3M or something.

We could afford him but damn at that cap hit.

That is the genius of Brian Burke at work, it's beyond our comprehension.

Seriously, he will get bought this summer and I think someone will offer him a cheap 1yr contract next year, unless he outright sucks in the AHL.

But I guess if anyone can turn his career around it's Dallas Eakins, he made Colton Orr into a decent resemblance of an actual hockey player which I did not think was possible.

Not an issue for this year, will be an issue for next year for some

Probably for everyone, you can do a lot better than Komisarek for $4.5M and cap hit is going down. No one will be wasting it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So once Komisarek clears the Leafs will have a roster spot open on the team?

Just in time to give the media their speculation in time for the trade deadline.

DopeyFish

it seems to make sense. Considering some of the garbage we grabbed off waivers this year, it'd be foolish not to bite on a good pickup like Komi.

Just big money

Which wang shies away from... But he's a Long Island native and won't play games like some other players

It may be worth it to retain him long term on a better deal

So once Komisarek clears the Leafs will have a roster spot open on the team?

Just in time to give the media their speculation in time for the trade deadline.

Rielly coming up? :-0

Solo

Islanders should pick him up.

Who says no?

WGhVRLg.gif

DopeyFish

How about boychuk who is also on waivers?

He has already played for 4 teams this year

Charlotte Checkers
Carolina Hurricanes
Nashville Predators
Pittsburgh Penguins

Merguson

Banned
Also, counting buy-outs Darcy Tucker and Colby Armstrong, #Leafs spending US$11.25-million on non-roster players this year.

If we exclude those players, the Leafs would have one of the lowest team payrolls in the league.

EDIT:
Oh no, I forgot the US$1.5-million retained in the Lombardi trade. Make that US$12.75-million spent on non-roster players.

Montresor

Komisarek's career is over if no one picks up on waivers. He's going to rot there until the end of the year, get bought out, and then be given $500k to $700k on a one-year deal from some team willing to "give him another chance."

If any team wants Komisarek they have to pick him up now. Once he's down at the Marlies, he's there for good, because if Komisarek is claimed on re-entry waivers, the Leafs are on the hook for half his cap hit next year. The Leafs won't call him back up.

Oh and Cake Boss, the Leafs aren't using a run-and-gun system anymore. They're not stellar defensively but Carlyle has clearly tried to change the way the Leafs play. And yet Komisarek is still incapable of making this team.

Merguson

Banned
Komisarek's career is over if no one picks up on waivers. He's going to rot there until the end of the year, get bought out, and then be given $500k to $700k on a one-year deal from some team willing to "give him another chance."

If any team wants Komisarek they have to pick him up now. Once he's down at the Marlies, he's there for good, because if Komisarek is claimed on re-entry waivers, the Leafs are on the hook for half his cap hit next year. The Leafs won't call him back up.

Oh and Cake Boss, the Leafs aren't using a run-and-gun system anymore. They're not stellar defensively but Carlyle has clearly tried to change the way the Leafs play. And yet Komisarek is still incapable of making this team.

Re-Entry Waivers don't exist anymore.

Montresor

Montresor- there's no more re-entry waivers anymore

So this means that if anyone with a big salary (say Tim Connolly) is claimed when being called up from an AHL team to an NHL team, the team that used to own him is not on the hook for any remaining cap hit, and the team that claims him is on the hook for one hundred percent of the remaining cap hit?

DopeyFish

So this means that if anyone with a big salary (say Tim Connolly) is claimed when being called up from an AHL team to an NHL team, the team that used to own him is not on the hook for any remaining cap hit, and the team that claims him is on the hook for one hundred percent of the remaining cap hit?

Nah it means the leafs could recall Connolly at 6 pm tonight for the game and that's it

Waivers only exist when a player is sent down

The idea was that players in the AHL... Teams were too afraid to call them up in case some team wanted toget them at half price

Instead of spurring movement it entirely chilled recalls- so they removed it and added the cap hit over a $ amount to encourage having those players in the NHL

Cake Boss

Banned

Well this is the same Carlyle thats has to be forced to get Gardiner in the lineup, he also had Liles out of the lineup and Kostka on the top pairing.

gaming_noob

Apparently Hockey Central was speculating that the Leafs will trade one of Reimer/Scrivens and a First round pick for Kiprusoff (signed for 2 years 5M per).... that's an awful trade idea.

Quick

Banned
Apparently Hockey Central was speculating that the Leafs will trade one of Reimer/Scrivens and a First round pick for Kiprusoff (signed for 2 years 5M per).... that's an awful trade idea.

Wow, you actually think a speculated Leafs trade is awful? It actually is awful, yes.

Can't wait to hear your own trade ideas.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow, you actually think a speculated Leafs trade is awful? It actually is awful, yes.

Can't wait to hear your own trade ideas.

Kadri + Phaneuf + 1st round pick for Roloson and Boucher will tell you how he got that scar.

Top Bottom