• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Quick

Banned
This place has turned into a god damned tumblr.

iruerZKTWQ2VM.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
A couple GMs are taking Kadri as a wake up call o_O

“I saw him around Christmas with the Marlies,” said Phoenix general manager Don Maloney. “He didn’t do much. And I thought, you know, maybe he’s not going to make it.

“And we all make the same mistake in this business. We want to rush our kids and have them play right away. We want to make snap decisions. And when they don’t do what we want, too often we give up on them.”

“I didn’t see that coming,” said Maloney of the Kadri development in his first full Leafs season in this shortened NHL campaign. “But isn’t that the lesson in all this? You’ve got to let your players develop. We’re all guilty of not doing that.”

“It’s amazing what he’s doing,” said Doug Armstrong, general manager of the St. Louis Blues. “I don’t think anybody expected this, this soon.”

“Everyone in our business should take note of this,” said Armstrong. “We’re all guilty of wanting more and asking too much of our young players. We’re all guilty of impatience. And when a player doesn’t meet our expectations, we turn to someone else."

“We used to draft Europeans and not even bring them over until they were 22, 23, 24. And they played right away. But we draft these kids at 18 and we’re not willing to wait on them. And you see something like this and you realize how wrong you can be.”

Quick

Banned
A couple GMs are taking Kadri as a wake up call o_O

“I saw him around Christmas with the Marlies,” said Phoenix general manager Don Maloney. “He didn’t do much. And I thought, you know, maybe he’s not going to make it.

“And we all make the same mistake in this business. We want to rush our kids and have them play right away. We want to make snap decisions. And when they don’t do what we want, too often we give up on them.”

“I didn’t see that coming,” said Maloney of the Kadri development in his first full Leafs season in this shortened NHL campaign. “But isn’t that the lesson in all this? You’ve got to let your players develop. We’re all guilty of not doing that.”

“It’s amazing what he’s doing,” said Doug Armstrong, general manager of the St. Louis Blues. “I don’t think anybody expected this, this soon.”

“Everyone in our business should take note of this,” said Armstrong. “We’re all guilty of wanting more and asking too much of our young players. We’re all guilty of impatience. And when a player doesn’t meet our expectations, we turn to someone else."

“We used to draft Europeans and not even bring them over until they were 22, 23, 24. And they played right away. But we draft these kids at 18 and we’re not willing to wait on them. And you see something like this and you realize how wrong you can be.”

DOUBLE B REDEEMED

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Also, for those that didn't see the video of Brodeur's 3rd career goal/PPG:

BrodeurScoresAGoal.gif

@FlyersNation 5m Martin Brodeur has more goals in the last month than Danny Briere.
@camcharron 11m Martin Brodeur has scored more goals this season than Ville Leino. Their salary cap hits are identical.
‏@DaveLozo 6m Martin Brodeur now has as many power-play goals this season as Rick Nash and Marian Gaborik.

Top Bottom