• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

pringles

Oh boy, the Wings are now up next to play spoiler and try to stop the Hawks streak, so people are counting on them which means they will fall flat on their face on national TV and embarrass themselves. Whoo!!!
Can't remember a time the Wings have looked bad on a nationally televised game. Datsyuk has a habit of tearing it up in them too.

But we have been unable to beat the Hawks for a while so it could go either way. Just hoping for a much better game than the last meeting which is contender for most boring game of the season.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to miss the entire game, grrrr. And since it's on NBC, I can't use GameCenter on my phone. Guess I'll just have to keep checking my phone for the ESPN Scoreboard app every time I hear the Sportscenter tone hoping it's a Wings goal.

Oh boy, the Wings are now up next to play spoiler and try to stop the Hawks streak, so people are counting on them which means they will fall flat on their face on national TV and embarrass themselves. Whoo!!!

Hey

reverse jinxing is my job.

3rd game in 4 days, away from home and Detroit ruins everything for us. You'll win.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hossa1000th.png

pringles

Opposing coaches must be absolutely giddy knowing that Cleary and Abdelkader are playing with Datsyuk.

It's like having two guys actively trying to shut Dats down, all the time.

would be nice if Detroit could get shots to the net

Fixed

I don't think Detroit realized that period that they could go on offense and not just play like they were on the PK. Surprised it is still 0-0.

They need to play much better than that because they did absolutely nothing that period.

pringles

This may come as a surprise to you.......but it is hurting! It makes the PP total garbage if your dmen cant do anything but hit defenders in the shins.
Yeah we have that problem too.

We're also about 30 points behind you. Like all the other teams in the league.

This may come as a surprise to you.......but it is hurting! It makes the PP total garbage if your dmen cant do anything but hit defenders in the shins.

The point man does nothing. He stands there and shoots. They need to move and make one of the PKers decide whether to follow Kane/whoever on the board or pull with the dman. I don't get why he just stands there every time.

Acid08

Banned
One of the most frustrating trends in the NHL right now. Seems like every teams' defensive strategy is to just have all five guys collapse in front of the net so nothing can get through. It's boring to watch.

Marvie_3

Banned
The point man does nothing. He stands there and shoots. They need to move and make one of the PKers decide whether to follow Kane/whoever on the board or pull with the dman. I don't get why he just stands there every time.
Because standing around is the main focus of Chicago's PP

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My father played hockey with Andrew Shaw's father. Said he's a real prick on the ice, slashing and shit in men's league.

That sequence for the Hawks was fantastic. They made the Wings look like amateurs and I think it was the third line for the Hawks, too.

pringles

I'm convinced having both Cleary and Abdelkader with Pavel has costed us several points, and maybe will tonight again.
If he played with Brunner/Tatar/Franzen or any human being with a pulse, his passes would have led to many, many more goals than they have.

Again: Abdelkader has 1 point on the season. Playing with Datsyuk.

because the ref wings never get away with anything right?
Sure. Be nice if we could get a PP in this game though.

pringles

We look horrible. Can't believe some of the mistakes we're making.

Was hoping for a much better effort but it's not likely we'll get any points in this game.

PP now atleast, it needs to actually work for us for once.

Top Bottom