• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuck Liles! He's going in with one fucking leg if he can. Anything to keep Kostco out

Seriously. Or call up Komi. Lupul will be much needed for Monday as he's hard to control but kostka will just give the puck up endlessly. Komisarek can at least contain players.

MacAttack

Horton and Lucic were -3. The bitching on sports radio is going to be unbearable.

The Bruins are relying way too much on Paille and Campbell. They need to bring in some players to make a stable 3rd line. Going to be another close game on Monday and Wednesday vs the Habs until the Bruins can get their lines sorted out.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Horton and Lucic were -3. The bitching on sports radio is going to be unbearable.

The Bruins are relying way too much on Paille and Campbell. They need to bring in some players to make a stable 3rd line. Going to be another close game on Monday and Wednesday vs the Habs until the Bruins can get their lines sorted out.
Could possibly be a wake up call like when the Leafs beat the Habs earlier and they went on a tear.l

MacAttack

Problem for the Bruins is their schedule is only getting worse, they have games every 1.8 days or something like that.
That's why I think they will try bring in a couple players by the trade deadline to add depth and maybe not end up with just one big name player like Iggy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Problem for the Bruins is their schedule is only getting worse, they have games every 1.8 days or something like that.
Evens out after that joke of a opening schedule I guess.

Maybe it could be fatigue setting in? Though I saw they had a lot of jump towards the end and they likely could've tied it had the game gone on another fee minutes.

Keslord

Banned
BGFv3JQCcAAXDEm.jpg

DopeyFish

Could possibly be a wake up call like when the Leafs beat the Habs earlier and they went on a tear.l

We'll see on Monday :-0

So leafs need a record roughly: 9-6-1 to make the playoffs (for 56 points)

9th is currently pacing at 51.2 but I don't necessarily trust that as 8-14th are basically the same right now in points

Cactus

Banned
We'll see on Monday :-0

So leafs need a record roughly: 9-6-1 to make the playoffs (for 56 points)

9th is currently pacing at 51.2
Unless the Rangers and/or Jets go on a prolonged winning streak, I think the Leafs can get in with 54 or 55 points this year. Hopefully they can get at least one point on Monday.

DopeyFish

Unless the Rangers and/or Jets go on a prolonged winning streak, I think the Leafs can get in with 54 or 55 points this year. Hopefully they can get at least one point on Monday.

9th through 14th are almost all the same points/game

They may all be fumbling over themselves now... But we have games remaining against every single team under us except buffalo

Spl1nter

They may all be fumbling over themselves now... But we have games remaining against every single team under us except buffalo

The key games seem to be the home at home with rangers. However, winning 3 of the next 4 would be huge and is possible. Just need to hope defense holds up.

Jets have a critical week this week. Two games against Carolina, a game against Pitt, and a game against Tampa.

I honestly think at this point that its a 9 team race. The only team that you can see going on a huge streak are the Flyers and they would need to go 13-4-1 or similar to just have a chance, very unlikely. Could have a team from the other 6 get in if there is a major collapse from Peg, Toronto, Ottawa, NJ, Carolina.

Cactus

Banned

Buffalo would have to finish the season 12-4 to reach 54 points, NYI/WSH would have to go 12-4-1, and Philly needs 13-14 wins in their final 18 games.

It's definitely possible that these teams can squeak into the playoffs, but, unlike Toronto/NJ/Carolina/etc, one or two regulation losses this week would essentially kill their playoff hopes.

zedge

I'll be at tomorrows game, crappy nose bleeds but what ever. At least the Flames seem to be able to win at home, but who knows. There is a dark cloud hanging over this team right now, something big is gonna go down before or at the trade deadline. Too bad it will be whats mostly on the players minds until then. You can tell there is a big shift here in peoples thoughts about the team. There were always these so called "true fan" morons calling anyone who criticizes the team a 'bandwagoner' or some other shit. And now even those types are changing their tune. Even the local broadcasters on Fan960 and Sportsnet who always seemed to grasp at what ever positive they could find have thrown in the towel. If something big does not go down at the trade deadline there will be a big back lash here. The reality has finally sunk in I believe and most are ready for it, even though it could mean a few more years of pain and suffering.

#freeiggy

Spl1nter

I'll be at tomorrows game, crappy nose bleeds but what ever. At least the Flames seem to be able to win at home, but who knows. There is a dark cloud hanging over this team right now, something big is gonna go down before or at the trade deadline. Too bad it will be whats mostly on the players minds until then. You can tell there is a big shift here in peoples thoughts about the team. There were always these so called "true fan" morons calling anyone who criticizes the team a 'bandwagoner' or some other shit. And now even those types are changing their tune. Even the local broadcasters on Fan960 and Sportsnet who always seemed to grasp at what ever positive they could find have thrown in the towel. If something big does not go down at the trade deadline there will be a big back lash here. The reality has finally sunk in I believe and most are ready for it, even though it could mean a few more years of pain and suffering.

#freeiggy

I really hope someone makes a firesale video for the flames. Sabres one is already a classic.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

#freeiggy

I was listening to the fan a couple days ago and Eric Francis was just ripping into the team and management.

Regarding the nosebleed's, I don't mind them.

Seeing Steen play still hurts. What an awful trade.

Stempniak. I still remember arguing with dudes about that trade 4 or 5 years ago on another board. It was during that period when no matter how ludicrous the GM decision was legions of Leafs fans would be there to defend it - simply because it wasn't JFJ who made it. Those were dark times.

And they really only ended last year when people stopped drinking Burke's Flavor Aid.

Imagine if the Oilers and Flames had competent GMs? Vancouver beware.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing Steen play still hurts. What an awful trade.

Took him a loooooooong time to develop, and I believe he was playing with Sundin, no?

I have no idea what was going through management's head when they brought JFJ on board. Though, knowing how much meddling was going on, I wonder how much of it was really his fault?

Top Bottom