• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Merguson

Banned
Took him a loooooooong time to develop, and I believe he was playing with Sundin, no?

I have no idea what was going through management's head when they brought JFJ on board. Though, knowing how much meddling was going on, I wonder how much of it was really his fault?

Even if he was pressured into some stuff, I doubt someone sat down with him and told him to trade Rask for Raycroft.

If you want to acquire a goalie, and you want to trade a guy like Rask, just don't do it for a goalie with such horrible stats. I mean, look at this shit. http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....status=&viewName=summary#?navid=nav-sts-indiv

In 2006, a professional general manager looked at these stats and said "Yep, Raycroft is our guy."

Stempniak. I still remember arguing with dudes about that trade 4 or 5 years ago on another board. It was during that period when no matter how ludicrous the GM decision was legions of Leafs fans would be there to defend it - simply because it wasn't JFJ who made it. Those were dark times.

And they really only ended last year when people stopped drinking Burke's Flavor Aid.

Imagine if the Oilers and Flames had competent GMs? Vancouver beware.

Stempniak was a Fletcher move wasn't it?

Quick

Banned
Just found an extended version of that white girls gif:

iQKkb26I5DT1z.gif

Spl1nter

Even if he was pressured into some stuff, I doubt someone sat down with him and told him to trade Rask for Raycroft.

If you want to acquire a goalie, and you want to trade a guy like Rask, just don't do it for a goalie with such horrible stats. I mean, look at this shit. http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....status=&viewName=summary#?navid=nav-sts-indiv

In 2006, a professional general manager looked at these stats and said "Yep, Raycroft is our guy."

Stempniak was a Fletcher move wasn't it?

But raycroft had one good year!!! He is worth our recent first round pick, we got Pogge bro

Same with Toskala. He was coming off two subpar years, traded our 1st and 2nd for him. Oh well, at least Burke was able to refill the prospect depth and pull off some fleecing.

Merguson

Banned
But raycroft had one good year!!! He is worth our recent first round pick, we got Pogge bro

Same with Toskala. He was coming off two subpar years, traded our 1st and 2nd for him. Oh well, at least Burke was able to refill the prospect depth and pull off some fleecing.

Speaking of fleecing. I wonder how that Kevin Marshall for Nicholas Deschamps trade is turning out.

1 point in 3 games for Deschamps. He is -1.

4 points in 5 games for Marshall. Marshall is +8.

Fleeced!

izoVrvDHieLHP.gif

/manics

Spl1nter

That was a great trade for the Marlies. They needed D badly and have a number of our young prospect forwards who deserve more ice time.

Spl1nter

How about that Paradis for Tlusty fleecing, eh boys?

meh, its his first good year and he is with two all-stars. He wouldnt have a place in our line up. Maybe could of gotten a slightly better return for him but in the end that led to us getting versteeg and now percy and leivo, two really good prospects.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That was a great trade for the Marlies. They needed D badly and have a number of our young prospect forwards who deserve more ice time.
Pfft. They have...er...had Comaslowreck.

meh, its his first good year and he is with two all-stars. He wouldnt have a place in our line up. Maybe could of gotten a slightly better return for him but in the end that led to us getting versteeg and now percy and leivo, two really good prospects.
He was actually playing decent here under Maurice, but you're right that he would really fit in our line up now and likely anyone would be having a career year with those two. Hell, toss Orr with the Sedins and he'd have a career year. I also remember when Lemieux came back he had an enforcer on his wing and the guy put up unnaturally high points for his career.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wish more of Habs-Gaf was closer, I only have one friend who's a Habs fan and he lives far away. Fucking Leaf bandwagoners all over this place.

Marvie_3

Banned
A bunch of pissed off racist white people are so far gone in their conspiracies and paranoia that they're not watching the network that gives their "grassroots" movement its make believe talking points?

I need this inside of me.

In my brain I mean.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Cakebosssed as fucked right now.

Leaf win that shit ibtches!!! Fuck yeah! We playoffs now! Fuck everyone!

Habs we got you in the first round eat that shit!

wooooooo!

Watched the Leafs beat the Bruins in a sports book in Vegas, was shocked that the game was actually on tv, Habs game as well, all others were on march madness or horse racing :eek:

Marvie_3

Banned
Watched the Leafs beat the Bruins in a sports book in Vegas, was shocked that the game was actually on tv, Habs game as well, all others were on march madness or horse racing :eek:

The only time I've ever watched horse racing was at the gambling places in GTA: San Andreas.

I honestly don't think Daft Punk will ever be revolutionary again or do anything to be ahead of the curve. Even in 2007 they were just riding their own previous hits and reworking them. The Tron soundtrack was different, but it was still utilising the same VSTs they've used previously.

If they wanted to headstrong any new movement, they would've jumped on the Deep House bandwagon by now and electroworked the fudge out of it with their own flavour.

They'll always put on a good show though.

Marvie_3

Banned
I honestly don't think Daft Punk will ever be revolutionary again or do anything to be ahead of the curve. Even in 2007 they were just riding their own previous hits and reworking them. The Tron soundtrack was different, but it was still utilising the same VSTs they've used previously.

If they wanted to headstrong any new movement, they would've jumped on the Deep House bandwagon by now and electroworked the fudge out of it with their own flavour.

They'll always put on a good show though.
To be fair, this is what most bands do.

3... on Friday.

It wasn't four?

Ok, that... kinda... makes it better.

Still. A shit game to watch. And now officially in the past, especially as tomorrow we rematch.

... and ween ween.

To be fair, this is what most bands do.

Yeah, the ol' "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" methodology. It's usually likely with bands, but when it comes to electronic music you should expect that little bit more. You have a wider variety of tools at your disposal.

But the difference between evolving your sound is the difference between a band like Opeth, and a band like Muse.

Giguere said:
"We had a big meeting two or three days ago, a players-only meeting. We talked about some stuff and I thought we had a good response against Dallas at home (Wednesday). Then we have a day off, then come back and practice, and I thought our practice was just awful," Giguere said. "The effort wasn't there. We practiced defensive zone coverage, and guys weren't taking the body and swirling and stuff like that. This is the stuff we have to work on every day. I told a couple of the guys that 'I don't think we'll have a good game today.' It's unacceptable. It's an everyday job. You've got to work hard every day. You've got to be a lot more desperate than that."

Feeling bad for themselves and they fucking wonder why the can has been so empty this year. We need a real coach and we need to get rid of leadership that allows this shit to happen.

Top Bottom