• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

cube444

Sabres playoff run?

16 games remaining

5 of those are away

Only 1 or 2 more back to backs...

Every team is alive in the shitty East with the exception of Florida. Even Tampa at 14th is only 5 points out of 8th. It will be a race of mediocrity all the way to the end.

MacAttack

Dale Arnold is giving a sermon on the Bruins woes right now. Lucic and Horton 1 hit combined last night. No help coming until trade deadline and maybe no trade at all. Calling out the entire team.

Preach on, Dale!

RIP Guy Boucher

Montresor

Dale Arnold is giving a sermon on the Bruins woes right now. Lucic and Horton 1 hit combined last night. No help coming until trade deadline and maybe no trade at all. Calling out the entire team.

Preach on, Dale!

RIP Guy Boucher

What is there to call out? The Bruins completely outclassed the Leafs last night in the third period. I can't understand these people talking about Bruins "woes" after what I witnessed yesterday. Yes they lost but Boston illustrated just how massive the talent gap is between them and Toronto with the way they controlled the play in the Leaf zone.

Curufinwe

Preach on, Dale!

RIP Guy Boucher

Sounds like they should overpay for playoff legend Danny Briere.
I'd take a 7th round pick at this point, but I doubt he'll waive his NMC.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It still feels like a dream. The Leafs actually beat the Bruins for once.

Black history forever!

tumblr_mk5bgvlpJn1rileugo1_500.gif

MacAttack

What is there to call out? The Bruins completely outclassed the Leafs last night in the third period. I can't understand these people talking about Bruins "woes" after what I witnessed yesterday. Yes they lost but Boston illustrated just how massive the talent gap is between them and Toronto with the way they controlled the play in the Leaf zone.
Possession time is something the Bruins try to do every game and the players talked about it between periods last night. They are more physical than Toronto but last night there was more pushback and the Bruins fumbled the puck and/or wasted chances by turning the puck over. Leafs did a good job protecting the front of their net and cashed in on the few chances they had.

They have been grinding out games trying to comeback/hold on at the end and not been getting out to big leads like last year. With a healthy team they can get away with that sometimes but they don't have the depth right now and they are in trouble when they get no production out of the top line.

The top line of Lucic Krejci Horton has 1 point (assist by Krejci) on this four game road trip. Krejci's injury has slowed him down and Horton and Lucic have looked out of sync for a while now.

Still a good team but not where they want to be. I think the injuries and trade deadline could be a distraction for the team but hopefully they come out strong after the deadline and get ready for the playoffs.

ZeroGravity

What didn't you like about Boucher?
He had no idea how to manage a game. His response to anything was just to mix up the lines, which he would do 15 times a game and none of the players had a chance to form chemistry with any other players.

He didn't make anyone on this team really accountable. Vets like Eric Brewer and Teddy Purcell have a ridiculously long leash and he wouldn't reduce their ice time even if they played like shit for ten games in a row, even if our young guys were out performing them - which they have all season. The vets pretty much tuned Boucher out.

There was just a really bad culture surrounding this team and it's a direct result of Boucher. The Lightning are soft and get pushed around every game, teams take cheap shots at one of them and no one else stands up for the guy. They play like individuals out there, not a team.

In the end he had to go.

He had no idea how to manage a game. His response to anything was just to mix up the lines, which he would do 15 times a game and none of the players had a chance to form chemistry with any other players.

He didn't make anyone on this team really accountable. Vets like Eric Brewer and Teddy Purcell have a ridiculously long leash and he wouldn't reduce their ice time even if they played like shit for ten games in a row, even if our young guys were out performing them - which they have all season. The vets pretty much tuned Boucher out.

There was just a really bad culture surrounding this team and it's a direct result of Boucher. The Lightning are soft and get pushed around every game, teams take cheap shots at one of them and no one else stands up for the guy. They play like individuals out there, not a team.

In the end he had to go.

Sounds like Sacco.

Cactus

Banned
I still can't believe how terrible the hotstove segment was last night. Friedman aside, the panel was filled with fucking morons. Healy and Stock, especially, are rage-inducing during their segments.

Also, CBC should introduce a "mute Craig Simpson" option.

cube444

In the end he had to go.

Yzerman is as much to blame. He's assembled that horrible D and goaltending.

ZeroGravity

Yzerman is as much to blame. He's assembled that horrible D and goaltending.
Our defense plays well below their capabilities. Boucher got much more out of a far worse defense two years ago. And getting an elite goaltender isn't exactly easy. There's only so many to go around and most teams aren't willing to let them go for obvious reasons. But that's been a problem in Tampa for a decade now so it's not exactly like it's unique to Yzerman. We need a new goaltending coach more than anything, something Yzerman will deserve blame for if he doesn't fix soon.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ankle sprain for John-Michael Liles he is day to day.

NHL news:

Jarome Iginla's list of four teams: Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, Los Angeles.

Spl1nter

Boston or Pitt makes the most sense. Doesnt chicago need a center more? I think Boston should be the team most in win now mode given the age of Chara

Cake Boss

Banned
Whats going on with Stafford Buffalo ppl? Just 2 years ago he put up 30 goals in 60 games. Last year he put up 20 goals on a crappy team.I noticed hes been a healthy scratch. Some team could get a steal if they pick him up for cheap. Still young and a couple of years left on his contract.

Spl1nter

Whats going on with Stafford Buffalo ppl? Just 2 years ago he put up 30 goals in 60 games. Last year he put up 20 goals on a crappy team.I noticed hes been a healthy scratch. Some team could get a steal if they pick him up for cheap. Still young and a couple of years left on his contract.

Seems like a bunch of big wingers are having a bad year: Clowe, Stafford, Lucic.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
perron_medium.gif

Perron trying out for a trade to Vancouver.
I'm pretty vocal about the Canucks diving,but he gets a piece of him here at the end and if the player is expecting to move, but gets impeded, he would definitely fall.

To THIS degree...I'm not sure about that, but it was a hook.

Cake Boss

Banned
Seems like a bunch of big wingers are having a bad year: Clowe, Stafford, Lucic.

My theory is the lockout had something to do with it. The way these guys play, they rely heavily on their body and physical play, so with a lockout and a short training camp, most of them are out of shape and out of gas.

fallout

I'm pretty vocal about the Canucks diving,but he gets a piece of him here at the end and if the player is expecting to move, but gets impeded, he would definitely fall.

It's not like Whitney was trying to hook him, but he gets him right under the knee and basically pulls his leg out from under him. When you're trying to move forward and you get hooked like that, I don't think you can help but flail a little when you go down.

Heretic

it KIND OF looks like he's diving for the puck after getting hooked.

Curufinwe

My theory is the lockout had something to do with it. The way these guys play, they rely heavily on their body and physical play, so with a lockout and a short training camp, most of them are out of shape and out of gas.

Hartnell is also having a bad year, but he also had a month out with a broken foot.

Curufinwe

I guess losing to Ottawa is the last straw lol

Yzerman was talking to our GM in practice, we have experience in hiring/firing coaches.

Losing to Tampa Bay should have been the last straw for Laviolette.

Briere is out with an injury after five days of practice... seems a little fishy to me.

Top Bottom