• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Cake Boss

Banned
Sharks are in 9th place?

ioGzpXWG5twSQ.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 36s
#Pens finalizing a trade for #Sharks Douglas Murray. Latest talk I heard was draft picks involving 2 2nd rounds or 2nd/ 3rd.

Fleeced, 2 2nd rounders or a 2nd/3rd rounder for a bottom pairing UFA?

I always like him, but it seems hes regressing and not have much left in the tank.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pittsburgh obviously thinks they're a favorite this year so they're going for it. Good for them.

I hope Chicago destroys them in the Cup Finals.

Acid08

Banned
So what'd Douglas Murray do exactly to earn a trade?

At least he won't be playing against us tonight.
Slow, can't pass, just not as good as he was before. Honestly this is addition by subtraction, now we can actually play Braun and Demers.

I hope Doug has success in Pitt though. Since we're not doing shit this year I'll be cheering for him in the playoffs.

Holy shit, TWO second round picks? Way more than I expected.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm going to guess that the Leafs will do nothing at the deadline. They can't afford to make these moves yet, anyways.

I could see them trying to get some depth on defense. Getting someone that is at least good enough to be paired with Dion instead of the Holzers and Kostkas of the world.

I'm going to guess that the Leafs will do nothing at the deadline. They can't afford to make these moves yet, anyways.

If anything, hopefully somebody has an injured defensemen and needs to pick up someone like Liles or Kostka. That's the most I can see happening before the draft.

So are Flyers fans just overreacting about how bad Briere is? I mean, he's having a shitty year but does it call for getting rid of him? Again, haven't been paying as much attention to the rest of the league as I wish I could so I'm a little in the dark

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I hope we stop winning so badly. Making it into the playoffs for an early round exit would be dumb when we could sell Ribeiro and get a great return.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So tomorrow Montreal will have Halpern in the line up and Pittsburgh will have Morrow and Murray. That's not even fair, Sid should tell the team to stay home.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nash, Stralman, and Miller all did not take part in practice today. It was not an optional practice. Hopefully there's nothing to it.

Kreider was still with Richards and Gaborik was still with Boyle during practice, though, so Gaborik's demotion to the third line might be permanent for the time being.

Red_Man

Not going to lie, if I was Bergevin I would be tempted to move Markov and fleece the fuck out of a team if Murray is getting two 2nd round picks.

Briere's untradeable. If he was a pending UFA he'd make a decent rental but he has two more years at $6.5M, plus his best days are behind him. If a team needed him to reach the cap floor they'd give up a fourth at best.

I find it hard to believe the Caps would trade Ribeiro after they traded Eakin and a 2nd to get him. Random tidbit: his middle name is Tavares.

Curufinwe

So are Flyers fans just overreacting about how bad Briere is? I mean, he's having a shitty year but does it call for getting rid of him? Again, haven't been paying as much attention to the rest of the league as I wish I could so I'm a little in the dark

There's no room for him at center and he's terrible on the wing, (Schenn & Simmonds did MUCH better last night playing with Gagne) and if he's not bought out this summer he will take up 10% of the Flyers cap in the 13-14 season.

The Flyers may as well try and get him to waive his NMC and get something for him, especially if a week from now they're still 13th or worst in the East. They just need an interested contender who either has plenty of cap room, or is prepared to buy Briere out after the season.

There's no room for him at center and he's terrible on the wing, (Schenn & Simmonds did MUCH better last night playing with Gagne) and if he's not bought out this summer he will take up 10% of the Flyers cap in the 13-14 season.

The Flyers may as well try and get him to waive his NMC and get something for him, especially if a week from now they're still 13th or worst in the East. They just need an interested contender who either has plenty of cap room, or is prepared to buy Briere out after the season.

That's a shame. Briere is one of my more favorite Flyers player too. Dude's clutchness in the yoffs is on the next level too.

Speaking of the Flyers, I watched This Is 40 last night (it was not that great) and some Flyers randomly appeared in it. It was fucking random as shit

Merguson

Banned
Speaking of Daniel Briere, he's out indefinitely with a concussion. So I guess you can remove him from the trade deadline bait list.

Red_Man

Hopefully this causes Boston to get fleeced hard in an attempt to play catch up with Pittsburgh.

Top Bottom