• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kaberle's total points since he's left the leafs don't even match his last full season with the leafs lol

Why couldn't the leafs trade Komi for kaberle - essentially same cap hit and term an both havent played well since they left

Why would they want Comaslowreck back when they could just hope someone picks up Kaberle on waivers or they can just buy him out.

Cake Boss

Banned
Battle of Ontario tonight!

iMiCuth9QCIZH.gif

zedge

Our team doesnt play any different without him, in fact weve scored more since his absence. Feels weird without him though. Really interested to see if he plays well, how many does he need for 30 this season? 20 or so? :p
Yea, I don't think it will be a huge impact to the Flames as they are right now without him. I'm a bit excited as its a new beginning for the Flames, lots of changes to come. I think 20 or so yea.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
GO PENS GO!
I'm jumping on the bandwagon while there's still room.
Giddyup!

Get that cup and bring it home (Edmonton) Iggy!

Cake Boss

Banned
We have a #Flyers trade: Flyers have acquired defenseman Kent Huskins from the Detroit Red Wings for a conditional draft pick in 2014

WHY

Magni

Can someone tell me why there is such resistance to full face masks? I played hockey for over ten years before busting my knee one too many times and if I had made it to the NHL :)lol), there is no way I would I have left my cage behind.

It's not just about keeping a pretty face for the ladies post-game, you're also doing a disservice to your team by not wearing a cage... that was a totally avoidable injury there and had Crosby worn a cage he wouldn't even have needed to left the ice.

/rant

Sanjuro

Can someone tell me why there is such resistance to full face masks? I played hockey for over ten years before busting my knee one too many times and if I had made it to the NHL :)lol), there is no way I would I have left my cage behind.

It's not just about keeping a pretty face for the ladies post-game, you're also doing a disservice to your team by not wearing a cage... that was a totally avoidable injury there and had Crosby worn a cage he wouldn't even have needed to left the ice.

/rant

Probably something to do with vision.

/rant

Dunno, only reason I can think of is it will probably get rid of most high stick calls since there's no injury.

Magni

Probably something to do with vision.

Clearly, but all the players joining the league now (and probably all those that have joined it for the past ten years) have played all their youth and college hockey with a mask. They're used to playing with one.

Sanjuro

Iggy? Hes had like 30 seconds on ice so far.

I think even if he got hit in the face with a puck, the result would be the same.

Clearly, but all the players joining the league now (and probably all those that have joined it for the past ten years) have played all their youth and college hockey with a mask. They're used to playing with one.

Sure, but doesn't mean they all enjoy wearing them competitively.

/rant

Because they're not needed. If you go down that road, why shouldn't the players all wear cut-resistant collars for skate cuts and full chest/arm protection for errant pucks and sticks?

Less equipment is the answer IMO, not more. I wouldn't want to go into a corner knowing the guy lining me up has absolutely no fear of injury.

Magni

^ How is making players wear the same equipment as they do in NCAA hockey or in all respectable youth leagues worldwide equivalent to making them un-injurable tanks on skates?

I think even if he got hit in the face with a puck, the result would be the same.

Sure, but doesn't mean they all enjoy wearing them competitively.

I guess. I do wonder how much of it is due to peer pressure or perceived peer pressure though. When I first moved back to France, there was a Russian player at the local pro club who had lost an eye (to a puck or a stick, I forget) and wore a full cage. Most of his teammates didn't even wear visors. It always struck me as odd.

Unrelated: I can't remember when was the last time I saw a hockey game with so many offside calls, they need to redo their offensive entry drills :lol

Acid08

Banned
Philly announcers are cumming so hard because of that goal :lol you'd think they just won an OT game in the playoffs.

"Did you see that pass!"

The two foot pass with no one in the way? Yeah I saw it lol

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Maybe Eugene Melnyk can lend his forensics team to the Penguins to determine whether or not Jeremy Jacobs caused that puck to the face of Crosby..

127881261969.gif

Acid08

Banned
Who's this dummy on NHL Network?

"It's almost like Crosby didn't think that puck would deflect and hit him in the face. He's usually so aware on the ice."

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kaberle's on waivers? Hahahahahahahahahah eat shit you fat tub of lard.

Future Calgary Flame superstar Ben Hanowski just scored in the NCAA tournament.
The other prospect they got caused a turnover and set up the OT goal for the major upset over Minnesota yesterday, the future is bright after all!

Top Bottom