• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Slurmer

Banned
What's your favourite dark horse this year, NHLGAF?

Mine are:

• Vancouver Canucks: The homer pick, but still something to keep an eye on. Will be healthy when the playoffs start, with players like Kesler and Booth back. Schneider is playing unreal. No more pressure on them from winning the President's Trophy or from just being expected to win the cup.
  • Ottawa Senators: Deadly, deadly team. I think they have the potential to upset every single team they play. All three of their goaltenders are good, they'll be healthy when the playoffs start, and a whole host of other reasons. The Senators are the only team I can see taking out the Pens in under 7 games.
  • Columbus Blue Jackets: No longer restricted to the spotlight of Rick Nash, the bluejackets have picked up their play substantially. If they're able to squeak into that eigth spot, I can see them causing a lot of problems for the Blackhawks or Ducks. Bobrovsky is finally playing to hit potential and their offense is beginning to wake up.
I don't think the Canucks really fit the definition of dark horse

C Jones

So glad Cooke got one. He's been a beast today.

That second line looked ridiculous last shift, damn they are going to be hard to deal with when they get more games together under their belt.

Spl1nter

Dont see any darkhorses from the East. Montreal too small or young, Rangers no depth, Leafs goaltending and defence inexperience but I guess they could be darkhorses for that reason. Just cant see any team beating Pens.

West has wild, wings, st.louis, canucks

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Tabris is Marvie.

So wsox is actually Tabris' son?

WHAT A TWIST

EDIT: Calling the 3rd/4th team in the West and a team that's been near the top 2 seasons in a row a dark horse is not really what a dark horse is supposed to be, is it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dont see any darkhorses from the East. Montreal too small or young, Rangers no depth, Leafs goaltending and defence inexperience.

Rangers could surprise people, and I don't think you could call Montreal a dark horse seeing as they've fought for #1 in the East all season.

So wsox is actually Tabris' son?

WHAT A TWIST
My head hurts.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Biggest "dark horses" I can see are Leafs and Rangers. Although I refuse to believe the Leafs are capable of it.

Kifimbo

Dont see any darkhorses from the East. Montreal too small or young, Rangers no depth, Leafs goaltending and defence inexperience but I guess they could be darkhorses for that reason. Just cant see any team beating Pens.

Carolina could be a darkhorse if Cam Ward is healthy sooner than later.

Solo

I can see any of Ottawa, Boston or Montreal beating the Pens to be honest.

Spl1nter

Rangers could surprise people, and I don't think you could call Montreal a dark horse seeing as they've fought for #1 in the East all season.

Amended what I wrote. Depends on your definition of darkhorse. I only see a team as a darkhorse if they make it to cup finals and they are not a cup contender. In that regard I think the Habs are a darkhorse. Same for the nucks. Habs probably the only legitimate dark horse in the east but Rags and Leafs its not impossible I guess.

CCF23

The dark horse in the east is definitely the Rangers. They are essentially what the Kings were last year. There's no WAY they should be in 8th place, and if they figure it out at the right time, they can beat anybody. They also have the best goalie in the world still.

Keslord

Banned
The dark horse in the east is definitely the Rangers. They are essentially what the Kings were last year. There's no WAY they should be in 8th place, and if they figure it out at the right time, they can beat anybody. They also have the best goalie in the world still.

I could see the Islanders doing serious damage too
/s

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yep, this is what I'm saying. If they get the right players to click soon, they could be real dangerous.

Edit: Good job Flyers.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Fourth time in a row that the Bruins have trailed 2-0 or worse to start a game, fifth loss in the last seven. Shitdicks.

Cake Boss

Banned
With a with a win tonight we tie the Bruins?

ibjjZa3yoYFCud.gif

Top Bottom