• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The dark horse in the east is definitely the Rangers. They are essentially what the Kings were last year. There's no WAY they should be in 8th place, and if they figure it out at the right time, they can beat anybody. They also have the best goalie in the world still.
The issue with the Rangers honestly isn't even depth. We're not really all that lacking in that area, all things considered, and what we have there is young and getting better and better as the season goes on. The problem really is simply Gaborik and Richards. That's a 40 goal scorer and our top setup man who have both had disastrous seasons. If they could turn it around and suddenly become last year's midseason versions of themselves, the Rangers would be downright scary for most teams basically immediately.

I just don't see it happening this season, though. This might just be one where we have to regroup over the offseason and make a real push next year. Let's see if being demoted to the 4th line and the "conversation" he had with Torts yesterday lights a fire under Gaborik's ass, though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
With a with a win tonight we tie the Bruins?

ibjjZa3yoYFCud.gif

With a with a win tonight we tie the Senators?

4089269_o.gif

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
The Rangers are not a dark horse. They suck.
Rick Nash doesn't even know what the playoffs are.
They'll be steamrolled in the first round.

My darkhorse would be the Ottawa Senators. Great coaching. Exceptional goaltending.

The Rangers are not a dark horse. They suck.
Rick Nash doesn't even know what the playoffs are.
They'll be steamrolled in the first round.

My darkhorse would be the Ottawa Senators. Great coaching. Exceptional goaltending.

No one on your entire team knows what the playoffs are.

Gamecenter won't log in on my buddys macbook. I put in my info and click log in and it refreshed the page while still being signed out. Any suggestions to make this work? I tried two browsers and will try Firefox when I get it back.

Alucard

Banned
No Crosby? No Letang? No Martin? No Fleury? Kunitz gone for a period? No problem.

3 shutouts in a row. No goals against in 11 periods.

This team is just finding ways to win right now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No Crosby? No Letang? No Martin? No Fleury? Kunitz gone for a period? No problem.

3 shutouts in a row. No goals against in 11 periods.

That perfect March is scary. Now please pull a Sharks and lose in April, kthx

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
James Duthie is crying in a corner somewhere knowing he has to host 5000 hours of trade deadline day with nothing going to happen.

I'm sure they're praying to whatever gods they worship that Reimer gets injured and then Scrivens gets lit up.

The worst thing that could happen to them is Reimer getting a shutout tonight.

Stasis

The issue with the Rangers honestly isn't even depth. We're not really all that lacking in that area, all things considered, and what we have there is young and getting better and better as the season goes on. The problem really is simply Gaborik and Richards. That's a 40 goal scorer and our top setup man who have both had disastrous seasons. If they could turn it around and suddenly become last year's midseason versions of themselves, the Rangers would be downright scary for most teams basically immediately.

I just don't see it happening this season, though. This might just be one where we have to regroup over the offseason and make a real push next year. Let's see if being demoted to the 4th line and the "conversation" he had with Torts yesterday lights a fire under Gaborik's ass, though.

I agree with all of this really, though I still do think there's a lack of depth in certain areas. If everyone's performing the way we want them to there's no depth issue, but that hasn't been the case. We've basically been relying on Hagelin Stepan and Nash for offense. Haven't gotten enough from the blueline, no PP and two of our supposed stars are MIA. They come back and the Rangers are what they were supposed to be. Defense is solid, Hank is Hank, and we know the boys can grind them out when they need to, but we really need to figure out how to score some f'n goals.

Tonight is going to be comically bad for the Rangers. I'm probably gonna go watch it with a bunch of Habs fan friends in the city too. I'M GONNA WEAR MY JERSEY FOR MOAR PAIN.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tonight is going to be comically bad for the Rangers. I'm probably gonna go watch it with a bunch of Habs fan friends in the city too. I'M GONNA WEAR MY JERSEY FOR MOAR PAIN.
Law of averages man, Rangers are 0-9-1 in their last 10 at the Bell Center, they take this one tonight.

CCF23

Dude was wearing a pink MLP t-shirt. Either he's a bronie, he lost a bet, or he's in some kind of fugue state.

He was walking into the bank. I did the biggest double take ever :lol

Dude was wearing a pink MLP t-shirt. Either he's a bronie, he lost a bet, or he's in some kind of fugue state.

He was walking into the bank. I did the biggest double take ever :lol

There's a MLP-themed research poster in the chemistry department at my school. It's disturbing.

I should take a pic next time.

calder

Jets should be in this game, but wtf at these dumbass penalties.

Heh my wife was just watching the game for a minute and said "so the southeast must just be a reeeeaaaly bad division right". Yes, yes indeed.

She was also confused about whether you get points based on wins or how many goals you score, like if you win 10 to nothing you really only get the same points as if you win in a shootout? Not really a sports fan.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Heh my wife was just watching the game for a minute and said "so the southeast must just be a reeeeaaaly bad division right". Yes, yes indeed.
Habs are 9-0-0 against the SE and 6 of their last 15 games are against SE teams. Bueno.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Cool bit of info from the Pens Radio Broadcast; The 12-13 Pens will be the first team since the 45-46 Bruins to field 3 scoring champions on the same team at once. It barely lasted 2 minutes, but hopefully it won't be long until they are reunited.

Stasis

Law of averages man, Rangers are 0-9-1 in their last 10 at the Bell Center, they take this one tonight.

I'd usually agree with you, but I dunno man... this season has been pretty awesome in terms of never failing to disappoint. I suppose the Norwegian hobbit wizard could come out flying and revitalize the team. Or maybe he can take down DD in a bench-clearer. I need to get some entertainment out of this shit somehow!

Fei

Leopold got us a 2nd round pick? LOL. Also a 5th round that turns into a 4th round if the Blues win one playoff series.

So I want Regier fired as much as the next Sabres fan, but he's made some solid trades lately. Hodgson for Kassian. Guastad for a first rounder. Leopold for a second rounder.

fun fact: if buffalo had montreals record vs SE, they'd be tied with boston

I don't understand it, but we've gotten destroyed by that division this year.

Top Bottom