• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

The NHL has never been consistent in suspending players I thought the hit by Lecavalier on Hillen that injured him was very similar to the hit Ovechkin had on Campbell years back.

That's partially because GMs could call up the NHL and demand a less/more severe penalty depending on whose side they are on.

Apparently there is a 24 hour period after the incident where they can't do that anymore.

Yeah. It's bound to happen sooner than later, though. With the You Can Play campaign being so successful you have to think it's only a matter of time until someone feels comfortable enough.

We can hope. I can actually see hockey players being okay with it. Maybe not as much as baseball players, but eh.

fallout

NHLPA doesn't want its members to lose salary.
Board of Governors doesn't want its star players gone for a long time costing them ticket sales and playoff aspirations.

Dirty hits knocking out top players for long periods of time probably cost each of them more due to no one being concerned about being Shanabanned for 5 or less.
Yeah, I was just ruminating if it would actually result in people bitching less about suspensions.

MacAttack

Wasn't Mac or vat or Sanjuro creaming themselves at the start of the season over having a Bourque in the lineup?

That was Sanjuro and he was more excited about the novelty of having Ray's son on the team than actually having any great expectations for the kid.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
If you told me in January that as we near the seasons halfway point that the Islanders and Rangers would be playing each other to jockey for the 8 seed, I'd say you're crazy, (
the rangers are awful and wont come near the playoffs!
) but here we are.

Really psyched for the game tonight.

Samyy

Are you ready for tonight leafs-gaf
pYEbFcH.gif

Curufinwe

The NHL has never been consistent in suspending players. I thought the hit by Lecavalier on Hillen that injured him was very similar to the hit Ovechkin had on Campbell years back.

A 3rd or 4th liner who got a match penalty for cross checking a star twice in the head would get a decent suspension. But Alfredsson didn't even get a hearing for using his stick as a weapon on Rinaldo.

And compare the 4-game suspension AHL-callup Harry Zolnierczyk got for a leaping headshot against Ottawa, to the 0 games Pittsburgh star James Neal got for his leaping headshot on Couturier.

Sanjuro

My class is canceled tonight for minor snow!

I'm going to get some grub and a growler and watch my favorite team, the leaves.

What should I get?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I have no confidence in this team. Kessel bout to fuck us up.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We're playing... Columbus? This is gonna end up like the Calgary game, isn't it.

MacAttack

There's a lot of pressure on the Bruins third line to step up. If they get a goal from that line it would loosen up the team.

Bruins haven't really blown out anyone this season so it wouldn't surprise me if they go down early and win a close game.

Solo

Eventual re-aligned Northeast:

Montreal
Toronto
Boston
Ottawa
Buffalo
Detroit
Quebec
Hamilton (or wherever in Ontario)

:O

For the first time this season I didn't bother to set the PVR to record the game while I'm at work. We have enough trouble with Boston when we're not tired.

Top Bottom