• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

CCF23

What's everyone's dream SCF match up this year(can't pick your own team)? The hockey fan in me would kill to see a Hawks/Bruins SCF...but as a Canucks fan I think I'd vomit if that happens, heart couldn't take it.

Flyers or Pens against the Hawks would be so much fun.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Uhhh. Vancouver-Toronto would be excellent of saltiness. Either way, one team with a history of choking will lose and we will be able to laugh at them.
Pretty sure they'd find a loophole that would cause both teams to lose.
The ensuing riots, with Canucks fans teaming up with Leafs fans, would be legendary though.

You are good, CCF. One of the few teams to worry me.

I like the Sens as a team too, but... Cake Boss.

And Heretic, I hope that was sarcasm.

Pretty sure they'd find a loophole that would cause both teams to lose.
The ensuing riots, with Canucks fans teaming up with Leafs fans, would be legendary though.

i-am-a-little-upset.jpg

CCF23

You are good, CCF. One of the few teams to worry me.

If we can get our shit together, yeah. We always seem to play you guys tough, though. Both teams usually bring their A game when they play each other. If the Canucks/Hawks faced off again in the playoffs this year I'd think it'd be another nail biter 6 or 7 game series.

Would be an epic sendoff to the rivalry to have a Canucks/Hawks WCF before realignment fucks it up, but I'm definitely not expecting the Canucks to make it that far with the way they've played, although the West is kind of a shit show all around after the Hawks and Ducks so far.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Leafs haven't beaten the Canucks in like a decade, so if the Canucks lost...Ohhhhhhhh boy.

Even if we won, I doubt it would end well. Also imagine Toronto's reaction. Making the playoffs AND the final after that long, AND then losing against Vancouver?

CCF23

Question for Canada NHL gaf:

If I wanted to spend $500-$700 on a notebook/laptop, would I be able to get one capable of running most of today's games at, say, medium settings, and if so, what would you recommend?

If I wanted to spend $500-$700 on a notebook/laptop, would I be able to get one capable of running most of today's games at, say, medium settings, and if so, what would you recommend?

:lol no

I can't recommend you anything either, considering I just buy Macbooks and leave it at that.

Get a Macbook

Smiley90

no, not really. Get an Asus G7X, be happy. (I have a G74X, which can run most current games on Ultra/High.)

Smiley90

I bought an Asus G74 a little over a year ago. It's a fantastic beast of a laptop. Amazing specs (for the time) and built expectionally well. But weighing at about 9lbs, with a 17 inch screen and a two hour battery life, doesn't exactly make it portable.

I don't have a desk, so I don't have a desktop computer. My G74 is perfect for what I need it to do :p

Solo

I feel like the longer the Hawks streak goes on, the more utterly meaningless it will be if they don't win the Cup. The NHL's version of 19-0 18-1, if you will.

Chicago has to win it all at this point.

I'm still amazed by how much STL has changed from last season to this season. I don't know what possibly happened.

None of our top line or goaltending (outside of Jake Allen who takes the start tonight) played during the lockout. A lot of mental issues and personal agendas. The first two periods of the LA game Tuesday was as good as we have looked all year (with the entire second line of forwards on IR), then the goaltending breaks down and our confidence bleeds out on the ice, then we put in Elliott and slump around the ice already knowing we're going to lose.

Or TRAPTRAPTRAP. Whatever floats your goat.

I feel like the longer the Hawks streak goes on, the more utterly meaningless it will be if they don't win the Cup. The NHL's version of 19-0 18-1, if you will.

Chicago has to win it all at this point.

This lets me sleep at night. We don't play Chicago (or any of Central) again until April. I'm good with the streak continuing for now. It's not like we're going to catch Chicago in any case.

Of course if they do win, we'll be hearing nothing but Blackhawks for the next several years.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Montreal needs to win tonight to keep ahead of Boston and Toronto. Kinda hope the Bruins win tonight. I'm already tired of seeing Leaf fans post about "Canada's Team" on my Facebook.

Top Bottom