• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Tabris

It's time to re-block Tabris for me. If I can't see him saying shit about the Avs it doesn't exist.

Not saying shit. They are an awesome team this year. I drafted Nathan McKinnon as I knew he would be the stud he is. I posted here after that game where Roy freaked out and pushed the glass over, and I was like, that team will play hard for him. That was the moment.

Here you go, circa October:

Tabris said:
Patrick Roy is awesome. The players are going to go the extra mile for a couch that backs up their players like that. I feel good things for Colorado this year.

YEAH BUT DUDE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

kg-anything-is-possible-o.gif

Tabris

OK, back to my point regarding difference between 16th and 10th.

2012 Draft - 10th Slater Koekkoek 16th Tom Wilson
2011 Draft - 10th Duncan Siemens 16th Joel Armia
2010 Draft - 10th Dylan McIlrath 16th Vladmir Tarasenko
2009 Draft - 10th Marcus Paavjarvi 16th Nick Leddy

Acid08

Banned
Why give up? There's always a chance. And who knows what happens in the playoffs?

If all of sudden DSedin comes back right in time, Burrows is on his game, Jensen gets enough time to turn into a superstar. Who knows?!

I doubt anything will happen as the Ducks and Avalanche will be in the western finals, but no reason to give up. Hope is powerful!
Jensen is gonna become a superstar within 16 games?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
But really? What's the big difference between 16th in the draft and like 10th? Wouldn't you rather have a shot at the playoffs and who knows what happens vs gaining 6 spots in the draft. Seriously. Only for sure players are in the top 5.

it's not just the spots gained in the draft, it's also lottery chances.

and nothing's gonna happen in the playoffs because we suck. Not to mention we don't have alternatives once someone inevitably gets injured.

Which would probably be a better draft pick.

exaaactly

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The concern right now should be hoping it doesn't impact our potential chance to get into a wild card spot.

Why give up? There's always a chance. And who knows what happens in the playoffs?

If all of sudden DSedin comes back right in time, Burrows is on his game, Jensen gets enough time to turn into a superstar. Who knows?!

I doubt anything will happen as the Ducks and Avalanche will be in the western finals, but no reason to give up. Hope is powerful!

I hope that at some point throughout my life, I will be capable of living with this kind of daily optimism. I don't ever see it happening, but I truly hope it does.

Smiley90

Thank god there's numbers to back me up here. Percentages from 1997-2005 of players with >200 NHL games played:

Draf position/ players picked / players with >200 NHL games / percentage

1 7 6 0.857
2-3 17 15 0.882
4-7 32 16 0.500
8-13 51 21 0.412
14-25 99 29 0.293

So yeah, the difference is that a player picked 4-7 is nearly twice as likely to play upwards of 200 NHL games than a player picked 14-25. Not to mention he also probably has a higher ceiling than those players.

Marvie_3

Banned
Thank god there's numbers to back me up here. Percentages from 1997-2005 of players with >200 NHL games played:

Draf position/ players picked / players with >200 NHL games / percentage

1 7 6 0.857
2-3 17 15 0.882
4-7 32 16 0.500
8-13 51 21 0.412
14-25 99 29 0.293

So yeah, the difference is that a player picked 4-7 is nearly twice as likely to play upwards of 200 NHL games than a player picked 14-25. Not to mention he also probably has a higher ceiling than those players.
Your numbers don't matter because the NHL didn't exist then.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Re: Anahiem's recent struggle, a lot of the analytic guys believe that Anaheim has been playing over their head all season, and believed they would regress soon / crash in the playoffs, guess we'll see where this goes.

Acid08

Banned
Re: Anahiem's recent struggle, a lot of the analytic guys believe that Anaheim has been playing over their head all season, and believed they would regress soon / crash in the playoffs, guess we'll see where this goes.
Sounds like a Boudreau team. I don't expect this struggle to last long though. Hopefully just long enough for us to take first and hold onto it :p

and he takes and he takes and he takes

Check out Age of Adz Smack. More angry than Illinoise, but good stuff nonetheless.

Have that album too. I remember Illinois was highly praised and picked it up. Usually I don't care for 'critically acclaimed by hipsters!' music but it was really good and got Age of Adz after. Sounds good.

Anaheim will bounce back. Don't put much worth in the analysts and advanced stats saying the Ducks have been lucky the last two years+. Hopefully play well against Avs and fucking crush the Kings to salvage the trip.

In the meantime...

This is what it feels like when doves cry. Or an Oilers fan

Presidents Torrfee would be nice, because if Boudreau is gonna be Playoff Boudreau again this season then a Presidents Toffee will be nice to look back on for this seasons worth.

God knows Pacific Division is all last season was good for.

You mean if Perry starts being Perry you're gonna get the glass treatment.

Wait, you guys got Tanner Glass? We're fucked.

Smiley90

I have played roughly 16 hours of Titanfall. Titans have fallen. I have seen it. I have made it happen. Sometimes I've made them fall on other Titans which is quite satisfying.

So you've actually seen Titanfall?

How does Titanfall look like?

I've heard Titanfall, the new blockbuster-title for the Xbox One was supposed to be pretty good.

So you've actually seen Titanfall?

How does Titanfall look like?

I've heard Titanfall, the new blockbuster-title for the Xbox One was supposed to be pretty good.

Titanfall looks good. It's a lot of fun, Titanfall delivers in ways that only Respawn could achieve. Titanfall is available on Xbox One, PC and Xbox 360. Go down to your local retailer and ask if they have Titanfall.

Smiley90

Titanfall looks good. It's a lot of fun, Titanfall delivers in ways that only Respawn could achieve. Titanfall is available on Xbox One, PC and Xbox 360. Go down to your local retailer and ask if they have Titanfall.

Thanks man! You're a great person! Probably nearly as great as Titanfall will be on my HD TV on Xbox One! I'll go down to the local retailer right away!

Top Bottom