• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What a fucking joke.
Straight up head shot, no discipline. NHL is going to be looked at like a joke league until they straighten this shit out.

Red, you want to take this?
It's easier to just say both teams have two of the worst coaches in the league, if I had to draw up a list of Therrien's dumb ass decisions it would take me 2 hours and ruin my day.

Oh come the fuck on NHL. Neal even has history.

Are you surprised? Does it even matter at this point? What will he miss at most? A game? The league is a joke with suspensions/fines, if you're somewhat known you'll always get a slap on the wrist. The whole system is worthless, they might as well give out nothing at this point. The arbitrary justice doesn't cut down on the dumbass behavior and they're shown time and time again that they won't actually regulated behavior. You really think even if it was reviewed and he got his 1-2 games suspension that he'll stop doing this in the future? NHL has to get some balls and give players punishments that actually mean something. It's the same thing with dangerous hits in the NFL, until you actually start to punish them people won't play any differently.

Trading in a few games for Infamous was a great choice. This game is fun as shit and gorgeous.

I'm hoping to get this later today, I need something to play on my PS4. Is all of the first print run limited edition or was it literally only if you preordered? Hoping I can get the limited edition one today.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Trading in a few games for Infamous was a great choice. This game is fun as shit and gorgeous.

Contemplating getting it... Mhmmmm.

Are you surprised? Does it even matter at this point? What will he miss at most? A game? The league is a joke with suspensions/fines, if you're somewhat known you'll always get a slap on the wrist. The whole system is worthless, they might as well give out nothing at this point. The arbitrary justice doesn't cut down on the dumbass behavior and they're shown time and time again that they won't actually regulated behavior. You really think even if it was reviewed and he got his 1-2 games suspension that he'll stop doing this in the future? NHL has to get some balls and give players punishments that actually mean something. It's the same thing with dangerous hits in the NFL, until you actually start to punish them people won't play any differently.

I'm hoping to get this later today, I need something to play on my PS4. Is all of the first print run limited edition or was it literally only if you preordered? Hoping I can get the limited edition one today.

Doesn't stop me from continuously being disappointed... I still have hope.

I'm not sure. I preordered. The only difference is you get a DLC to see what happened between Infamous 2 and Second Son. Never played 2, so it wouldn't have mattered to me, even if I hadn't gotten it.

Looked like they had plenty though.

It successfully drew me away from my P4G platinum run, so it's pretty damn good. :lol

Giggzy

I should get infamous as well. I haven't touched my ps4 in months. It's become encased in mounds of dust.

I can't pull away from D3 and Dota though ><

Doesn't stop me from continuously being disappointed... I still have hope.
There's no hope until they make a change. Its like hoping for world peace. There won't be some magic epiphany where all NHL players wake up and decide to stop doing dirty hits. There needs to be changes to the current system of punishment and enforcement. I had high hopes for Shanny but he's been a disappointment like everyone else.

I'm not sure. I preordered. The only difference is you get a DLC to see what happened between Infamous 2 and Second Son. Never played 2, so it wouldn't have mattered to me, even if I hadn't gotten it.

Looked like they had plenty though.

It successfully drew me away from my P4G platinum run, so it's pretty damn good. :lol
Yeah, the way people were talking it made it sound like it was a first print run thing but I wasn't sure. I guess I'll find out later tonight if I have time.
I should get infamous as well. I haven't touched my ps4 in months. It's become encased in mounds of dust.

I can't pull away from D3 and Dota though ><

Has D3 been improved that much? I played when it first came out and it was kind of a mess. Getting new equipment was a pain and just horribly balanced.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I agree with this. But I don't think Therrien can run the Habs into the ground. Carlyle is one-injury away to Kessel/Bernier from doing so.
I disagree, I think both situations are similar. If Price wasn't having a Vezina season or went down for an extended period of time, this team would be looking at a top 10 pick, and Therrien would be exposed and fired. Price mask this teams weaknesses so much, and hides how bad they have been defensively for a large portion of the year. The team can play like a top team in the league, but it's in spite of Therrien, not because of him.

Socreges

Banned
How many games do you think Neal should get for what he did last night?

How many games do you think Neal should get for what he did last night?

Let's consort the chart!

kQ4ERBV.jpg

Gonna wait to see impressions on the 360 version. If they're good, I'll probably trade infamous in for it after I finish both storylines.

It's pretty fun, smart move to see the reviews on the 360 first though, since we have never seen that version.

Not a fan of the railgun, though I like the Plasma Arc quite a bit.

How's infamous?

I like the rail gun, but it's only viable against titans at long range, so it has a niche.

I got a clip of the kill. Wait for it to buffer or the quality will be shit (it's not good to begin with anyway.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DC1E48DEE3F39585!145&authkey=!AAq-xEiV3xyDyqg&ithint=video%2c.mp4

It's pretty fun, smart move to see the reviews on the 360 first though, since we have never seen that version.

I like the rail gun, but it's only viable against titans at long range, so it has a niche.

I got a clip of the kill. Wait for it to buffer or the quality will be shit (it's not good to begin with anyway.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DC1E48DEE3F39585!145&authkey=!AAq-xEiV3xyDyqg&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Damn dude that video was awesome. I havent tried the railgun yet but I will once I finish off the quad rockets.

Sanjuro

Damn dude that video was awesome. I havent tried the railgun yet but I will once I finish off the quad rockets.

I'm too busy loving the chaingun. That and the cluster rockets give me the biggest titanboner.

sK0Ie8J.gif

Glassbanger had it coming

:jnc

Kid probably will be too scared to ever attend another NHL game, become a super villain hating the sport and everything good about it, then replace Gary Bettman.

ShaneB

Agreed.

Sanjuro

Just on the Neal hit, he deserves likely a single game suspension. Because of his history? Two games...

That's just how it goes.

I'm too busy loving the chaingun. That and the cluster rockets give me the biggest titanboner.

:jnc

Kid probably will be too scared to ever attend another NHL game, become a super villain hating the sport and everything good about it, then replace Gary Bettman.

I have rocked nothing but quad rockets and slaved warheads. I am trying to just focus on one thing in each group and then do all the challenges for each thing before switching.

I just realised I haven't played Titanfall in several days. People are probably at Gen 34 by now.

I have to branch out from the 40mm cannon. But it's really satisfying when you pick out a leaping pilot with a shot from far away with the thing.

Sanjuro

I have rocked nothing but quad rockets and slaved warheads. I am trying to just focus on one thing in each group and then do all the challenges for each thing before switching.

I just went to G2 (no clue why, but fuck it) and I don't pay attention to many of the challenges. I'm sure I could do nothing but mash the A button and I would unlock 5 challenges for that. Every step I take? Challenge unlocked.

I just realised I haven't played Titanfall in several days. People are probably at Gen 34 by now.

I have to branch out from the 40mm cannon. But it's really satisfying when you pick out a leaping pilot with a shot from far away with the thing.

I've been trying to play more, but then I get stuck with fucking mouth-breathing idiots and get upset.

Last game I played was CTF and the guy had the flag right next to our base. Instead of scoring he summoned his titan to get some kills and died.

Last game I played was CTF and the guy had the flag right next to our base. Instead of scoring he summoned his titan to get some kills and died.

I love it.

Just like my earlier frustrations playing LTS on a team of Strykers armed with chain guns. It was a slaughter.

Sanjuro

Haha. Just like playing BF4 and fuckers sitting back doing fuck all in conquest mode.

I think it has to do with the attention spans.

I GOT THE FLAG I GOT THE FLAG SHIT PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING KILL THE SCREEN TOLD ME I DID A CHALLENGE SHITFUCK I GOT A TITAN DROP THAT SHIT NAO KILL THESE FUCKERS.

*dies*

FUCKING *insert homophobic remark*!!

*mashes A button*

RESPAWWNNNNN!!!!

Are people treating CTF and other objective games because of leveling up/achievments?

See this post above. Titanfall seems less about the stats to me, just people getting lost into the frantic nature of the gameplay. That just may be my opinion though.

I think it has to do with the attention spans.

I GOT THE FLAG I GOT THE FLAG SHIT PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING KILL THE SCREEN TOLD ME I DID A CHALLENGE SHITFUCK I GOT A TITAN DROP THAT SHIT NAO KILL THESE FUCKERS.

*dies*

FUCKING *insert homophobic remark*!!

*mashes A button*

RESPAWWNNNNN!!!!

See this post above. Titanfall seems less about the stats to me, just people getting lost into the frantic nature of the gameplay. That just may be my opinion though.

I find that people camp more in CTF, but in Hardpoint people actually move around, and those that camp get destroyed.

Top Bottom