• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Flyers have agreed to terms with Hagg. Not sure if it's an ATO or full contract yet.

Should be a nice boost for the Phantoms--I thought he'd stay in Europe for another season.

I wonder what changed from the draft:

“I need to play more before I go to the NHL,” Hagg said. “I need a couple more years in Sweden before I come over here. But say in two years in MODO, and after that, we’ll see, maybe I can come to play in the NHL.”

Mr.Green

For Habs fans, a Habs beat writer wrote this after the game about Price:

Awesome to see him sticking up for a kid like Tinordi, too bad he's the goalie or I'd give him the C after Gio is gone.

Tinordi was taking his equipment off and there was a lull after Gionta finished. Price saw the media mass was going to converge on Tinordi about the late-game error. Price says "I'm ready. I'm ready." He still had his equipment on but he wanted to save his mate from the interview. It worked. We all converged on Price. I was just happy to watch it play out. Some moments are more than a clip so I let Tinordi leave and he did. Price watched him go and then answered the large scrum. The only player in the room, then to Tinordi's great credit he returned to face tough questions about his gaffe. After Tinordi was finished I returned to Carey, still wrapping up with Ron Reusch. I said to Price, "I saw what you did there, trying to save Jarred." He simply acknowledged I was right, that he protected his mate but like Carey he said nothing more, never looking for praise. I followed with, "If only the rest of the world supported each other like players and teammates in a locker room stand by each other." Carey responded, "It would be one hell of an amazing world." That's your goalie everyone. That's a man's man. That's a character person. That's someone to look at and admire and that has nothing to do with stopping a puck.

421.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
DwbATYr.jpg

Tonight. Probably the single most important game remaining on the schedule. Tied in points with the Jackets having a game in hand makes this about as must win as it gets.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm on mobile so not sure this will work but there is a book I want you to read:

i2io0c25MRypD.jpg

This book changed my life friend.

Not holding my breath. Before the Olympics they were getting everyone hyped up that Bolland might play the game or 2 before the break and then he had a set-back. We'll see.

Samyy

Bolland has been cleared by Doctors for a while, I think he knows he'll ruin his UFA value if he comes back though so he is delaying

yyzjohn

Banned
Bolland has been cleared by Doctors for a while, I think he knows he'll ruin his UFA value if he comes back though so he is delaying

It can go both ways. If he comes back and he's really good, his UFA value will be high, if he's shit it might take a hit. If he doesn't come back at all this season there's doubts about how effective he'll be so maybe his UFA number still takes a hit.

Only 1 left against the Flyers. That would be the next most important of the remaining batch, but honestly I don't expect to catch the Flyers. Dealing with the BJs and staying out of the wild card is the most important.

Oh I thought that the announcers said last night 2 more with the Rangers. Glad it is only 1.

Mr.Green

I'm on mobile so not sure this will work but there is a book I want you to read:

i2io0c25MRypD.jpg

This book changed my life friend.

I've been meaning to ask you this for a while but never did: Where is that cat from? It's like the most awesome cat ever. I'm not a cat person (no shit) but damn I want one!

Holiday

Banned
I followed with, "If only the rest of the world supported each other like players and teammates in a locker room stand by each other." Carey responded, "It would be one hell of an amazing world." That's your goalie everyone. That's a man's man. That's a character person. That's someone to look at and admire and that has nothing to do with stopping a puck.
LOL, sportswriters are such jock sniffers.

Solo

AGALLY at centre. It's happening! Of course, it demotes Eller to the fourth line lol, but I'll take it!

Prust out for the season. OUCH.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AGALLY at centre. It's happening! Of course, it demotes Eller to the fourth line lol, but I'll take it!

Prust out for the season. OUCH.
A.Gally centering Gio and Bourque :lol :lol Therrien, the joke continues, and he will probably only last there for 5 minutes. Honestly, Eller hasn't been the same since his injury against the Sens. He looked good to start the season, but he hasn't rebounded like I had hoped. Just hoping it's something he'll get over and nothing permanent.

Red_Man

Just saw Murray is in too for Tinordi. Shocker. Can't wait to watch Kessel turn him into a pylon.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
A.Gally centering Gio and Bourque :lol :lol Therrien, the joke continues, and he will probably only last there for 5 minutes. Honestly, Eller hasn't been the same since his injury against the Sens. He looked good to start the season, but he hasn't rebounded like I had hoped. Just hoping it's something he'll get over and nothing permanent.

Why the fuck is Bourque back in the lineup?????????????

God damnit #Firethisidiot

They're going to get their shit pushed in by the Leafs Saturday with Therrien's genius coaching decisions.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There's going to be a pre-game ceremony before Monday's game against the Yotes honoring Henrik Lundqvist, Rangers just announced.

Samyy

They're going to get their shit pushed in by the Leafs Saturday with Therrien's genius coaching decisions.

Hahahaha no
Enjoy the free win

Carlyle stupidity vs. Therrien stupidity, the ultimate showdown!

Red_Man

I don't mind Gio on the 3rd line, it's where he belongs but I don't know how Therrien expects A.Gally to accomplish anything with those dead weights as his wingers. He should reverse him with Plek, and have Pleks center a shutdown line.

Hahahaha no
Enjoy the free win

Carlyle stupidity vs. Therrien stupidity, the ultimate showdown!
I don't think Carlyle has done anything as stupid as taking a 38 year old player who was scratched for 17 games and then play him on the top pairing for 4 consecutive games. That is beyond stupid.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We're going to have the slowest defence in the league Saturday, and they're not even big enough to make up for it.

Kessel is going to skate circles around them, fuck.

844661647.gif

This is the kind of shit I want to see players getting suspended for.

Neal -_-

Was he like this in Dallas at all? Dude is really talented but that one off season he just had a meltdown and seems like he's been a douche ever since. I just can't understand why he feels the need to do that when he has the talent.

I don't think Carlyle has done anything as stupid as taking a 38 year old player who was scratched for 17 games and then play him on the top pairing for 4 consecutive games. That is beyond stupid.

Red, Therrien is bad, but I think the Leafs have it worse.

I present the following Carlylisms, just from this year:

• McClement taking offensive zone draws in key situations.
  • McClement playing 17 minutes a game.
  • Scratching Rielly and Gardiner (earlier in the year) in favour of Fraser and Ranger.
  • Saying that Rielly and Gardiner need to simplify their game (aka, be like Fraser and Ranger).
  • The selection of McLaren and Orr over Holland and Ashton.
  • Relying on ridiculously good goaltending all year, and then undercutting the goaltenders when they can't steal the win.
In addition to this, he's made it clear several times that he doesn't like to develop young talent even though developing the young talent is - if the front office is to believed - exactly what the club is supposed to be doing right now.

yyzjohn

Banned

• Scratching Rielly and Gardiner (earlier in the year) in favour of Fraser and Ranger.
  • Saying that Rielly and Gardiner need to simplify their game (aka, be like Fraser and Ranger).
  • Relying on ridiculously good goaltending all year, and then undercutting the goaltenders when can't steal the win.
In addition to this, he's made it clear several times that he doesn't like to develop young talent even though developing the young talent is - if the front office is to believed - exactly what the club is supposed to be doing right now.

*shakes head* No respek.

Merguson

Banned
The best Canadian teams have the worst coaches?

Don Cherry it is! We'll surely be on the way to the Stanley Cup with a top line of Zigomanis - Kadri - Orr.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

• Relying on ridiculously good goaltending all year, and then undercutting the goaltenders when they can't steal the win.

Red, you want to take this?

Top Bottom