• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Stet

Banned
PowerlessSlightKookaburra.gif

wat am i even looking at

He looks like a cat batting at a piece of string.

rellix

I hope Kuznetsov is able to come over early if Traktor
miss the playoffs. I don't have anything to be excited about as a Caps fan. We don't have a defense.

The team they're tied with has a much easier 2 games remaining in their schedule than Traktor, so here's hoping. He's definitely coming over this season. You have to assume based on standings that they wouldn't last long in the playoffs anyway.

McPhee is trying to move Erat just to open a roster spot.

I've learned my lesson. Conditioned my mind and body. Ready to watch this brand new neutered Bruins team love their opponents instead of hitting them.

Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
Oddly enough, the #Caps are the only Eastern team that Tuukka Rask has never defeated (0-2-3). WAY TO JINX IT. There, saved you the trouble.

Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
Here's your "reverse jinx" statistic because I am a man of the people: Alex Ovechkin has never scored on Tuukka Rask at any level.

TUUKKAAAAAAAAAAA

ShaneB

This kind of talk depresses me. It was nice to cheer for a team that was slightly older than me.
I don't want to cheer for a bunch of fuck's born in the 90's.

Agreed. Growing up sucks =(

But that Kruger gif made me laugh, so it's all ok.

Man that extra conditional first just makes this Miller trade absolutely brutal.

Halak + Carrier + Conditional 1st for Miller.
Stewart+ Guaranteed 1st for Ott.

I don't see us not resigning Miller, but the bar for success with this trade is literally a cup. I'm actually okay with the first part of the trade for Miller if we resign. Ott really isn't worth the price we paid for him. Don't understand Armstrong and Hitchcock's obsession with reuniting the early 2000s Dallas Stars.

Could've been a delay-of-game penalty, though.

Looks like the ref just gave him a quick reminder not to do that again.

It broke before the gif, avs had the puck and cleared it while it was broken and no whistle. Pretty sure the rule is the whistle gets blown when the affected team has possession.

Quick

Banned
It broke before the gif, avs had the puck and cleared it while it was broken and no whistle. Pretty sure the rule is the whistle gets blown when the affected team has possession.

Didn't even see the broken strap.

I just thought Varlamov was assaulting us with his Russian ideals.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Could have easily been 2-0 the other way if Mason didn't bail them out on those early PPs.

Weird first 10 minutes. Can't help but notice the first goal was scored against the 4th line that AV needlessly changed in order to get Dorsett back in the lineup.

I'd go with Bernier unless they really are thinking of moving Reimer, in which case they should play him more often.

I could tell you.

Lol quote from TSN:

Coach Randy Carlyle wouldn't name his goalie, but the betting is that Jonathan Bernier will start a second straight game for Toronto, if only because he'll be playing in his home province.

"I think I've shown historically that those things do come into consideration," said Carlyle. "The last time we were in Winnipeg, James Reimer played. That's his hometown

"To say that solely is the determining factor, no. I'm not going to tell you anything about our goalies, so beat it."

I bet the only person who would be completely relieved once this tandem is dissolved is gonna be Carlyle.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, AV also said before the game today that he's "confident" that Callahan will re-sign.

Will be interesting to see if he's just saying that as a coach or if he really knows how negotiations are going. For what it's worth, he had said the same thing about Girardi.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So beautiful. :3

edit: Red Man I know you're taking in this new Rick Ross.
rick-ross-head-nod-o.gif

Sanctified, Devil is a Lie, In Vein, all over that. Surprised at how good the whole album is. I've been rotating it between Schoolboy Q & Pharrell all week.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, AV also said before the game today that he's "confident" that Callahan will re-sign.

Will be interesting to see if he's just saying that as a coach or if he really knows how negotiations are going. For what it's worth, he had said the same thing about Girardi.

??? Can they afford him...????

Socreges

Banned
Shero grabs at a winger at every trade deadline. It'll be Kesler or someone else.
Kesler isn't a winger.

Man that extra conditional first just makes this Miller trade absolutely brutal.

Halak + Carrier + Conditional 1st for Miller.
Stewart+ Guaranteed 1st for Ott.

I don't see us not resigning Miller, but the bar for success with this trade is literally a cup. I'm actually okay with the first part of the trade for Miller if we resign. Ott really isn't worth the price we paid for him. Don't understand Armstrong and Hitchcock's obsession with reuniting the early 2000s Dallas Stars.
Is that seriously the breakdown? Ott cost you Stewart AND a 1st? I thought Miller was just two 1sts (if he resigns), I guess, which is also ridiculous.

Top Bottom